Autiesaurus

Elsa and Anna's Baby Sister
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Hey all, I need your recs on the most effective diapers for IBS-D/bowel IC. I get free pull-ups from Medicaid now, and they work okay most of the time because my accidents tend to be small, but twice in the past couple of months I've had major blowouts that were not remotely contained. Fortunately I was at home both times so I just stripped in the shower, but I'm concerned at the sudden, repeated occurrence of these major incidents. I'm worried that next time I'll get caught short when out and about, which would presently be a disaster. Can anyone who has major diarrhea episodes comment on what works best for you? Thanks!

Last edited:
Although I’m not bowel incontinent I’m bladder incontinent with IBD and have had diarrhea while out and about my tena super tab style diaper did contain it well. I get them from care.club I hope this helps

Thanks for the rec 😊 I suppose I should mention that my waist is 28 inches, so I'll need something small. I could only find the tena supers in medium, large or xl

Reactions: browne
Autiesaurus said:
Thanks for the rec 😊 I suppose I should mention that my waist is 28 inches, so I'll need something small. I could only find the tena supers in medium, large or xl
Care.club has a tena small diaper with tabs looks like a small version of their ultra diaper

you really want a full brief with good leg gaurds as well as a high rise in the seat

rennecfox said:
you really want a full brief with good leg gaurds as well as a high rise in the seat
What would be an example of that? I’ve used BetterDry and Crinklz before, and I really like them, but they’re too bulky to wear out and about during the day, they’re better for nighttime.

Autiesaurus said:
What would be an example of that? I’ve used BetterDry and Crinklz before, and I really like them, but they’re too bulky to wear out and about during the day, they’re better for nighttime.
In terms of premium diapers, BetterDry/Crinklz have a relatively thin profile and narrow cut (i.e. they're generally less bulky than other premium brands) and in my experience the bulk is relatively insignificant. They're still very discrete and much more discrete than trying to wear something too thin and having a leak

Mm, that’s certainly true. They’re a bit expensive though, is there anything of similar bulk for a lower price? I may just have to bite the bullet and put some money aside for a case or two.

Betterdry and Crinklz diapers are indeed some what expensive but they work for me to manage my OAB and my occasional unexpected bowel movements. I look at it this way I would rather trust my diaper to do its job then have thiner cheaper diaper fail.

Autiesaurus said:
Mm, that’s certainly true. They’re a bit expensive though, is there anything of similar bulk for a lower price? I may just have to bite the bullet and put some money aside for a case or two.

I'd have recommended Attends Waistband thin but for bowel issues they were actually not terrible and had a huge high rise in the back and good leg guards (no standing leg guards but wasn't really an issue with the wideness of their cut) unfortunately I think attends quietly discontinued them recently.

Last edited:
Tena and Betterdry worked well for me. They absorb runny stuff well, and have proper space behind them on the butt portion to hold stuff. Also, proper leg gatherers and leak guards.

I hope your IBS gets better soon..! Mine got under control with some proper care. Had to wait 15 years to find a doctor who actually cared enough to find a solution.

Thanks TyphaHare, my doc has recommended immodium, but I'm nervous to try it because I get constipated easily.

Autiesaurus said:
Thanks TyphaHare, my doc has recommended immodium, but I'm nervous to try it because I get constipated easily.

Yeah.. imodium did not fit me well at all. There used to be this amazing medication over-the-counter called Tannopon, but it got discontinued because it had trace amounts of opiates in it and ppl abused it :( it was the only thing that helped me so it was all downhill after it got banned..

I've now been eating Vi-Siblin and while it's just fiber it helped me out immensely without putting my whole gut to halt.
Some peeps who get easily constipated don't find it helpful, but some do since it works for both "hard belly" and "soft belly" evening both out.
I guess it's worth a try at least. It's an over-the-counter product where I live but a prescription gets it half the price.
Just gotta drink A LOT of water with it, or it'll steal your body's moisture and clog stuff up :O

Autiesaurus said:

Need to be careful with antispasmodics especially with inflamed bowel. The imodium acts as a paralysis drug stopping the bowels. Continuous use can be detramental to bowel health with toxic mega colon a possible outcome.
Besides all that, it doesn't really work for me, codine was far more effective at bunging me up!

Reactions: legojoker88 and TyphaHare
I have had ibs for ten years and over the years I have picked up a few thins. Molicare seems to hold the worst blow outs for me, but the smell is terrible. Tranquility seems to do a good job also, but the smell gets out. Dry 24/7 and rearz both do a good job of odor control and containment. I recommend them the most.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387
Autiesaurus said:
Hey all, I need your recs on the most effective diapers for IBS-D/bowel IC. I get free pull-ups from Medicaid now, and they work okay most of the time because my accidents tend to be small, but twice in the past couple of months I've had major blowouts that were not remotely contained. Fortunately I was at home both times so I just stripped in the shower, but I'm concerned at the sudden, repeated occurrence of these major incidents. I'm worried that next time I'll get caught short when out and about, which would presently be a disaster. Can anyone who has major diarrhea episodes comment on what works best for you? Thanks!
I use Northshore megamax. They have contained some major blowouts. Also, use a diaper cover, just in case.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387 and Fleetwoodmac32192
Autiesaurus said:
I use Northshore mega max; they have contained some major blowouts. Also, use diaper covers; just in case.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387
I have been using Tranquility ATN and they can contain my accidents well as long as i can change soon after

woolyDL said:
Need to be careful with antispasmodics especially with inflamed bowel. The imodium acts as a paralysis drug stopping the bowels. Continuous use can be detramental to bowel health with toxic mega colon a possible outcome.
Besides all that, it doesn't really work for me, codine was far more effective at bunging me up!
That sounds like what happened to me last year. I now only have a tiny amount of colon left. But that's what I get for ignoring my health for so long. I don't know if the accidents will stop on the new meds, but I do know the inflammation is going down. Anyways I love northshore, they are my go to, but you can find Abena and Molicare for ridiculously cheap if you look hard enough. Always remember you get what you pay for.

Back