Best diaper for universal studios trip?

IWANTHOTDOG

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm going to Halloween horror nights and want to know what's the best absorbency diaper that would last all night (about 6 hours, maybe a bit more) without needing changing. I want to trust it and not have to even think about the possibility of a leak, otherwise I would end up holding my bladder.

Right now I'm thinking between megamax and crinkle. Would I need a booster?

Here are the highest-capacity diapers I know about. Note that the MegaMax appears at the 11th spot, so if you really need more capacity there are a lot of good choices. This starts with the Trest Elite Brief, Tykables Camelot, Rearz Barnyard, and several Tykables diapers in the tier below the Camelot.

But a MegaMax might be all you need, and a Crinklz would be almost as good as that. Still, if you're not sure and really want to, as you say, not even have to think about it, I'd go for the Trest or the Camelot.

Unless you've tried particular combinations of diapers and boosters, it's hard to say whether the booster will help. So that's not something I'd recommend trying for the first time during your trip.

Reactions: Cottontail
I’m not an expert on disposables, but I’ve developed my cloth diaper system so I can make it 24 hours around home. It has far too much bulk to wear outside my home, but I’ve been very pleasantly surprised by the capacity of a MegaMax. I’ve gone from 12-18 hours in one of them without leaks and I drink a lot of water to stay hydrated (I don’t wizz nearly as much as when I used to rent a large amount of beer for a short time, but it’s still a lot!). My other go to disposable is Abena. The Abri-Form plastic backed M4 will usually get me through 8-10 hours leak free, but I do wear plastic pants over disposables for security as well as over my cloth diaper out of necessity. Hope that have a great, leak free time on your trip to Universal.

...............................................GoodNites?

*ducks onslaught of rotten tomatoes*

I haven't tried most of the diapers on WillFord's capacity list there, but he and I did some diaper trading a while back and I ended up with some Camelots and Puppers. And, rather less scientifically, I'll just call the absorbency of those diapers "amazing." I'm mostly a cloth diaperist around the house, but if I had to go anywhere and needed to be free of all potty concerns, I wouldn't hesitate to wear one of those. In fact, I'd call either of them "all-dayers," as I several times went an entire workday without a change. Also not a normal thing for me to do, but hey! I was curious. :) I keep well hydrated, and the diapers were extremely heavy and squishy by the end of the day, but they still felt secure, and probably could've survived a few more "accidents."

Six hours, unless you're going out of your way to pee pretty much nonstop, shouldn't be an issue for one of these.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KrankyPants
Cottontail said:
...............................................GoodNites?

*ducks onslaught of rotten tomatoes*

I haven't tried most of the diapers on WillFord's capacity list there, but he and I did some diaper trading a while back and I ended up with some Camelots and Puppers. And, rather less scientifically, I'll just call the absorbency of those diapers "amazing." I'm mostly a cloth diaperist around the house, but if I had to go anywhere and needed to be free of all potty concerns, I wouldn't hesitate to wear one of those. In fact, I'd call either of them "all-dayers," as I several times went an entire workday without a change. Also not a normal thing for me to do, but hey! I was curious. :) I keep well hydrated, and the diapers were extremely heavy and squishy by the end of the day, but they still felt secure, and probably could've survived a few more "accidents."

Six hours, unless you're going out of your way to pee pretty much nonstop, shouldn't be an issue for one of these.

Yeah, I can wear a Trest Elite or a Tykables Camelot for 24 hours straight while drinking plenty. I love these high-end diapers but I'm not really sure why they exist. :)

WillFord384 said:
Here are the highest-capacity diapers I know about. Note that the MegaMax appears at the 11th spot, so if you really need more capacity there are a lot of good choices. This starts with the Trest Elite Brief, Tykables Camelot, Rearz Barnyard, and several Tykables diapers in the tier below the Camelot.

But a MegaMax might be all you need, and a Crinklz would be almost as good as that. Still, if you're not sure and really want to, as you say, not even have to think about it, I'd go for the Trest or the Camelot.

Unless you've tried particular combinations of diapers and boosters, it's hard to say whether the booster will help. So that's not something I'd recommend trying for the first time during your trip.

By coincidence I've been wearing a NorthShore MegaMax since last night, trying to push it to the limit. This time I got to 3,413 ml / 115 fl oz which puts it at third place in the list.

Basically, all of these super-premium diapers are so good that the slight differences between them don't really matter. They'll protect you through extreme conditions that most normal people wouldn't even try.

Reactions: KrankyPants and satinbottom
IWANTHOTDOG said:
I'm going to Halloween horror nights and want to know what's the best absorbency diaper that would last all night (about 6 hours, maybe a bit more) without needing changing. I want to trust it and not have to even think about the possibility of a leak, otherwise I would end up holding my bladder.

Right now I'm thinking between megamax and crinkle. Would I need a booster?
Hey want to meet up and go together

goodnitedog said:
Hey want to meet up and go together I’m in Orlando

Yup use a premium brand as listed above and cover with plastic pants. If really unsure add a booster pad though they will become very noticeable the more u wet.

So I suggest and been to all the theme parks in a mega max booster plastic pants with a onesie over the top. Then just normal clothes. I've only had one person comment and that was a kid waiting in line where I heard he say dad that man is wearing a diaper.

Whatever diaper you choose + a pair of lined vinyl/plastic pants. The lining will absorb any leak.

goodnitedog said:
Hey want to meet up and go together
I'm going with family so that kinda isn't a option

quartz200420012 said:
Whatever diaper you choose + a pair of lined vinyl/plastic pants. The lining will absorb any leak.
That sounds like a good idea. I'm unfamiliar with plastic pants. Any suggestions on what to get or where I can learn more. Cuter the better, noisy is nice but not too loud ofcourse.

IWANTHOTDOG said:
That sounds like a good idea. I'm unfamiliar with plastic pants. Any suggestions on what to get or where I can learn more. Cuter the better, noisy is nice but not too loud ofcourse.
unfortunately they don't make printed ones, but you need something that is like this...

Back