Best cloth diapers

Harleyrider89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have been wanting to start wearing cloth diapers when im home and at night to save money and was wondering what are the best brands out there. I have been wearing North Shore megamaxs and the Supreme but would like to cut down on how many disposables i use.

I’m rather new to the cloth world myself, but I use Ecoable brand and I can’t see myself going back! I fell in love right away.

What type re you looking for? Changing times diaper company have a great selection, and I can vouch for the pre folds. I use them nightly for incon issues 🤙

adultclothdiaper.com, get nightime weight prefolds, they have a great selection of plastic pants as well. You can get pins there, or you can get larger pins from baby-pants.com

I think i want to go with prefolds i have tryed pocket style ones with out much luck. They seemed to leak rather quickly.

Reactions: Bugmania
Geometry plays a big role in what works.

I really liked the concept goals of Ecoable and Armor to work but, for me, there was too much stuffing, snapping, and they still leaked around my thighs (mmm butt). Yes, I tried the layered soaker (really nice diaper material) - 😢, there was no hiding the added bulk, not street approved. Oddly, it also pushed out the gussets causing more leaks. Last grump, the snaps are the weak link in the design, several broke and while I have replacement snaps, it’s a pain in the padded area.

Of course you must consider the source, I over analyze everything...What works for me are thinner contoured diapers layered as needed and pinned with those elastic/rubber clasps (no pins). The rubber tensions the fit since cloth will stretch. For covers, the side snap PUL are more comportable as it allows air circulation and some heat dissipation.

That being said, I cycle between disposable and cloth. Washing usually is what gets me to switch, the pail in the summmer months...Ewww! Wet pail is the only way to go. Thank you Costco for the gallon jugs of white vinegar!

Reactions: Otterbox
I began using disposable for my incontinence and later switched over to primarily cloth as you’re seeking to do. Using Contour ll cotton gauze diapers made the change over easier as I didn’t have to learn any fold pattern as with flats or prefolds. The website that I had very good service and price from is AdultClothDiaper.com. They have volume (4 or more for the Contour ll) and month long discounts that brought the price for these diapers down to about $18 each including a 10 ply soaker. For covers I’m using Haian brand plastic pants and I’m getting them and my 3” safety pins from Amazon. Hope that you enjoy cloth and find them as useful as much as I do, stay padded.

Just ordered a couple of contours and prefolds from adultclothdiaper.com along with some plastic pants. Im hoping they will work good for me when im around home maybe down the road i might switch to wearing when out.

The best Prefolds have found are Changing Times, Adult Cloth Diaper, Fetwear and Babykins (Kins). Look at the measurements very carefully and always buy one diaper or one pair of waterproof pants at a time. Once you dial in your size and preference, you’re set. Lots of options so PM me if you are having trouble.

Reactions: littlemoosey and Bugmania
I really don't get the attraction of prefolds - I find them bulky, not especially comfortable, and not particularly good at containing BMs. I much prefer contours or Ecoable-type products - less hassle putting them on and going to the loo, and much more discreet. My favourites are those made by Snuggleblanks, but they're closing down - if anyone has found a good alternative I'd be interested in it.

Changing Times are good, and for nighttime use, I quite the Dotty Diaper Company cloth diapers (though their dye isn't very colour fast).

Got my order of contours friday and tried them over the weekend. They worked great for both at night which the first night i added 4 soakers which come morning still had plenty of absobency. During the day i wore the contours with the included soaker and it worked great ordered 5 more contours. My Plan is when im not traveling or at work to wear cloth. Thanks for all the advice.

Reactions: Otterbox and Bugmania
Minih said:
My favourites are those made by Snuggleblanks, but they're closing down - if anyone has found a good alternative I'd be interested in it.

Where does it say they are closing? I just checked their website and it says nothing about it there (though they never got orders out anything like punctually). I hope someone buys out the designs because they are very fine products, they just don't have the backing to be efficient.

HumanFly said:
Where does it say they are closing? I just checked their website and it says nothing about it there (though they never got orders out anything like punctually). I hope someone buys out the designs because they are very fine products, they just don't have the backing to be efficient.
On their Facebook page - and no, the website doesn't mention it at all. As you said, great products, but couldn't keep up with demand and her personal life, so has given up. Definitely never punctual - my last order was five months ago and still hasn't arrived.

Minih said:
On their Facebook page - and no, the website doesn't mention it at all. As you said, great products, but couldn't keep up with demand and her personal life, so has given up. Definitely never punctual - my last order was five months ago and still hasn't arrived.
I’m waiting for stuff ordered at beginning of November 👿👿👿
And just fired off another email and FB messages today and posted on FB Paige as well

Back