Belted diapers/nappies

Lethdale

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
What are folk's opinion of the belted variety and what brands are recommended?
Thank you. 🙏

Have tried Tena flex and also Attends active. They are ok for a short wearing session but would not be a diaper of choice for normal wear.

Reactions: Lethdale
Lethdale said:
What are folk's opinion of the belted variety and what brands are recommended?
Thank you. 🙏
I have some TENA Flex left in my stash, which I've tried a few times. For urinary I found that it works ok and seemed to have good odour control. My main complaint is that the belt often rides higher on the waist and shows as a consequence. I don't think they are suitable though if you have diarrhea F-IC, though I have never tested that.

Personally not a fan

Reactions: Seabear and Lethdale
the very first “diaper” I ever tried was belted. I grabbed them with out even really knowing what I was buying. I was extremely disappointed. I have never tried them again.

Reactions: Neroforte and Lethdale
Belted in my experience are not set up for a full wetting or a number 2. I see them more like a pad than a diaper like product. But given the choice between wearing nothing and wearing belt on, I'd wear the belted and use the toilet instead of the product, because during the day, I only have occasional urge issues during the day in the cold months. Otherwise, daytime use for me is strictly out of pleasure.

Reactions: Lethdale and Neroforte
wiliawi said:
the very first “diaper” I ever tried was belted. I grabbed them with out even really knowing what I was buying. I was extremely disappointed. I have never tried them again.
Me too. Went to local pharmacy about 20 years ago and it’s all they had then. I thought I could just full on wet it! I leaked and wet the bed and had to make out I’d had an accident to my parents! Learned by my mistake, always had proper nappies since or pull ups

Reactions: Lethdale and Neroforte
When I was just starting out exploring tabbed diapers I ordered a pack of Tena Flex by accident. It took me some time to self learn how to place the tabs correctly the first time and I eventually went through about 3 packs of the Tena Flex, taking comfort in the easily readjustable hook and loop attachment while alternating with the more challenging second chance adhesive tab diapers.

After I mastered using the regular tabs sufficiently, I stopped using the Tena Flex. I recently discovered an unopened pack so I will use them up for an hour or two between my regular daytime and overnight diapers.

Tenawearer said:
Have tried Tena flex and also Attends active. They are ok for a short wearing session but would not be a diaper of choice for normal wear.
yes I agree proper nappies are the best and hole more pee

Forty years ago I got Ambese belted diapers at the supermarket. It was fun to flood them and feel my man parts floating in warm pee. Just make sure you have the right side facing you.

I found the Tena flex very easy to change at work as they were easy to do in a small toilet stall - do the belt first around the waist then pull the diaper up between your legs from where it is hanging in the back and secure the tabs in the front. you didn't need to remove pants and shoes and was easier than tabbed diaper standing up.

Last edited:
I bought a large by accident and they are huge. They swell like crazy when wet but both characteristics are enjoyed when I'm looking to wear (at home & in public with onesie to hold the wetness up) and want the feel of a swollen diaper when out and about.

I guess these were more popular for primarily men who wore boxers? According to my dad. Back in his day older men wore boxers. My dad (68) wore briefs. He always thought it was odd how boxers made a comeback for younger generations. So I imagine these were more popular before the male guards we see now. Because what I’m picking up is that these are for light incontinence. Is that right?

Tena Flex, Seni Optima and Attends Active Slip

Here in Europe the you get as Belted Diaper the Tena Flex, Seni Optima and Attends Flex. I tried out all three of them, Tena Flex Maxi, Seni Optima Trio and Attends Flex 10 (all in Medium size), but you also get them also with lower capacity than those ones.

The Tena Flex Maxi is very comfortable when dry, but the more it's used they swell quite much between the legs and feel hard. After two full wettings the liquid does not get up to the back of the diaper, but it starts to leak between the legs.
The Seni Optima Trio is quite similar to the Tena Flex Maxi, also not wicking the liquid much to the back of the diaper, but good for two (of my) full wettings.
In my personal experience the Attends Flex (10) is the best one. Very soft and comfortable, no matter if dry or wet, very good wicking of the liquid up to the back of the diaper, so it holds up to three of my wettings before leaking.

In general in my opinion (as a urinary IC person) the belt type diapers is a very interesting product group. The outside of your legs/hips are uncovered, so they give a very good freedom of movement - so doing sports, bicycling, long walks are ver comfortable. The front part is very easy to open and refasten in case of use of the toilet, it's easy to change them standing up without having to remove pants, shoes etc., you even don't need a wall to lean on for changing!
They hold much more than a pull-up, are easier to change as those and are also cheaper - so a very good compromise between a pull-up and a tabbed diaper. The Attends Flex (10) practically holds up to around 1.300 ml (I've weighted once), so it's not only for light incontinence. Usually I can get through the day with only two of them (in the night I wear a Seni Quatro full diaper) .

hbic60 said:
Here in Europe the you get as Belted Diaper the Tena Flex, Seni Optima and Attends Flex. I tried out all three of them, Tena Flex Maxi, Seni Optima Trio and Attends Flex 10 (all in Medium size), but you also get them also with lower capacity than those ones.

The Tena Flex Maxi is very comfortable when dry, but the more it's used they swell quite much between the legs and feel hard. After two full wettings the liquid does not get up to the back of the diaper, but it starts to leak between the legs.
The Seni Optima Trio is quite similar to the Tena Flex Maxi, also not wicking the liquid much to the back of the diaper, but good for two (of my) full wettings.
In my personal experience the Attends Flex (10) is the best one. Very soft and comfortable, no matter if dry or wet, very good wicking of the liquid up to the back of the diaper, so it holds up to three of my wettings before leaking.

In general in my opinion (as a urinary IC person) the belt type diapers is a very interesting product group. The outside of your legs/hips are uncovered, so they give a very good freedom of movement - so doing sports, bicycling, long walks are ver comfortable. The front part is very easy to open and refasten in case of use of the toilet, it's easy to change them standing up without having to remove pants, shoes etc., you even don't need a wall to lean on for changing!
They hold much more than a pull-up, are easier to change as those and are also cheaper - so a very good compromise between a pull-up and a tabbed diaper. The Attends Flex (10) practically holds up to around 1.300 ml (I've weighted once), so it's not only for light incontinence. Usually I can get through the day with only two of them (in the night I wear a Seni Quatro full diaper) .
Attends Flex is really best., very comfortable and good capacity. Reason for me discontinuing them is price( smaller reason) and velcro tapes falling when I needed to retape or refast diaper. ( main reason)
Otherwise very good product.
I am between sizes M and L but Attends Flex M10 fitted perfectly

Last edited:
Back