Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 0 guest views remaining

Bedwetting

Being a chronic bed wetter all my life thankfully I have always liked nappies but at the same time I have never made any real effort to become dry except for once when I was 18 by which time I think it was somewhat too late lol. Decided that I needed to be out of pull-ups at night and went through a period of a few moths trying to limit fluids, pee a million times before bed etc but didn’t have much luck and in the end just gave up

Reactions: Lyric, Wetshisbed, tiron101 and 2 others
I used to suffer from nocturnal enuresis. One night, we were out camping, and my sleeping bag ended up soaked. I had to use that for the rest of our vacation. Pampers were available during those times, and I will never understand why I was not provided with them when I had that problem. I was small enough to where the toddler size would have fit.

• Sad
Reactions: diaperkool, LittleTyke and Angelapinks
Perhaps it is just the autism but other than just "Don't dink after (X) time" I don't know what I could do. I am not asleep... I can't make an effort to do nothin'.

Honeywell6180 said:
I used to suffer from nocturnal enuresis. One night, we were out camping, and my sleeping bag ended up soaked. I had to use that for the rest of our vacation. Pampers were available during those times, and I will never understand why I was not provided with them when I had that problem. I was small enough to where the toddler size would have fit.
I've wet the bed camping with family and at summer camp. The counselor was really nice about it. I woke up soaked. Just laid there in fear all morning. When all the other kids woke up I said my stomach hurt and didn't want to go to breakfast. He definitely knew. He said OK and smiled. They all left and he came right back to talk to me. It was funny and embarrassing at the same time. He came back in and asked straight out, does your stomach really hurt or did u have an accident last night.... I looked at him with a blank face umm... he said it's really no big deal happens all the time. I was so relieved. He told me to keep an extra pair of undies in my pillow case and if it happens again change while getting out of bag and let him know discreetly. I would shake my head when he looked at me in morning when everyone was getting dressed for breakfast. Out of the week there I nodded yes I think 4 times. But I didn't really try to be dry since he was so cool about it. He had my sleeping bag washed and back on my bed by the time we would go back to the cabin in the afternoon. This was probably my best week at camp I can remember. I had zero fear after that first wet night about camp that week. Not the same the next year lol.

• Hug
  • Celebrate
Reactions: diaperkool, Angelapinks and LittleTyke
I tried anything to be dry at night, I'd try to not drink anything after school, I'd try to stay up as late as possible to avoid a long sleep. It would work for the odd night, but then I'd sleep heavier and be wet again. My parents never pressured me and didn't try anything as they were on the it will stop in time guidance. It was embarrassing at 10 and 11 to wake up and wait for my parents to take my wet pull up off so would have stopped if I could nothing I did worked until I stopped at 13.

Reactions: LittleTyke
It's not that we didn't care, but my parents weren't actively trying to get me to stop. I was just out in pull-ups and that was that. And it was a normal thing for me to be in diapers but I think my parents thought I would just stop on my own but nope. Eventually after I turned 9 I think they thought I was too old to still be bedwetting so they referred my pediatrician and then we started using an alarm. After using it for like 2 weeks I was completely dry at night so no more diapers

I wet the bed until I was six and was changed into terry nappies and plastic pants after bath time by our nanny. I was the eldest and my younger siblings were dry before me so it was embarrassing to be up playing or watching tv before bedtime and be in a nappy. I was then dry for a few years but started to wet the bed again aged 11 when at prep school until I was about 14. At prep school I had to report to the matron each night to change into terry nappy pants and waterproof pants along with the other boys who wet the bed and of course had a waterproof sheet on the bed. At senior school it was just a waterproof sheet and the inevitable wet pyjamas and bed. I was then dry until a spinal injury changed everything and I have had IC issues ever since. I started to wet the bed again and as the spinal issues got worse lost all control so now wear nappies 24/7. That said they enable me to manage my incontinence and lead an active life. So not all had.

Reactions: CAM3RON
LittleTyke said:
I remember that I was really embarrassed when I had to tell my parents that I had wet the bed. Sadly, I wasn't put back in diapers, and I have no memories of having been diapered as a kid.
Me either. Very disappointed. Later in life I found out a few of my friends wore goodnites. But we were not friends at the time of childhood.

Last night I decided I was gonna go to bed without a diaper and since me and 2 friends drank about 6 pitchers of beer at the bar I knew it was gonna be a wet night. So I put on my big boy pants. Put down the bed mat and passed out. Woke up around 4 am soaked from my chest to my knees. I think I may have peed twice with how soaked the bed mat was.

Attachments

• 20240509_075211.jpg
    20240509_075211.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
Jg21101 said:
Being a chronic bed wetter all my life thankfully I have always liked nappies but at the same time I have never made any real effort to become dry except for once when I was 18 by which time I think it was somewhat too late lol. Decided that I needed to be out of pull-ups at night and went through a period of a few moths trying to limit fluids, pee a million times before bed etc but didn’t have much luck and in the end just gave up
I had almost 10 dry years and then my bedwetting came back. I chose not to fight it and just accept and embrace it.

Wetshisbed said:
I had almost 10 dry years and then my bedwetting came back. I chose not to fight it and just accept and embrace it.
From age 9 to 19 there were also had 10 years where I didn’t wet in my sleep. During the summer of my 19th year bedwetting returned after drinking beer. Your “accept and embrace” are good words for the subsequent years. And when a girlfriend (now wife) purchased and convinced me to wear a night diaper it was game over.

WBxx said:
From age 9 to 19 there were also had 10 years where I didn’t wet in my sleep. During the summer of my 19th year bedwetting returned after drinking beer. Your “accept and embrace” are good words for the subsequent years. And when a girlfriend (now wife) purchased and convinced me to wear a night diaper it was game over.
My 10 years were from being 38 until I was about 48. Up to being 38 I wet on and of from being about 22 when my nightly wetting subsided. My wife suggested nappies when my bedwetting came back in my late 40s

Back