Bambino is fully stocked while other vendors have shortages?

Honeywell6180

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I look at other vendors, and see that LL Medico is out of stock on their Better Drys, having only the small size available. Tykables are down to one version for their mediums, in the Unicorns. ABUnivers is nearly out of everything except for their Peek-A-Boos. I can order both versions of their Bellissimos for less than $80.00 per case of 48 from Bambino, while North Shore Mega Max is $109.00 for a case of 40. Could this have to do with production volumes and economics of scale, or did Bambino order a huge stock at one point, and are selling off that inventory? What gives?

• Sad
Reactions: Edgewater
There isn't one answer to satisfy the question. The answer for each brand is different compared to another. We should be fully restocked this week and next on our diapers, Puppers and all.

Reactions: TigerDL, jbond007, theancientmariner and 3 others
Seems like Bambino has constant sales going too. How is that they can sell their diapers at such costs too. 30, 40, 50% off cases after purchasing a case. It's still a deal and makes you wonder what's Bambino doing that they can run such deals? Or what are the other companies doing that they won't run better deals. Surely Bambino is paying the same amount for production as the other ABDL suppliers. Maybe they are grandfathered in to a contractual production and shipping costs.
They are also increasing their line of products. Offering onsies, blankets, pajamas and socks.⬇️
So why is it that Bambino can offer deals like this yet no other company will?

I'm waiting on the other companies to chime in and claim Bambino has far more inferior products.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231226-175328_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20231226-175328_Gmail.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20231226-175312_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231226-175312_Chrome.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20231226-175258_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231226-175258_Chrome.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20231226-175107_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20231226-175107_Gmail.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Reactions: Littlebabymikey, abdlchristian12 and Honeywell6180
Nowididit said:
Seems like Bambino has constant sales going too. How is that they can sell their diapers at such costs too. 30, 40, 50% off cases after purchasing a case. It's still a deal and makes you wonder what's Bambino doing that they can run such deals? Or what are the other companies doing that they won't run better deals. Surely Bambino is paying the same amount for production as the other ABDL suppliers. Maybe they are grandfathered in to a contractual production and shipping costs.
They are also increasing their line of products. Offering onsies, blankets, pajamas and socks.⬇️

I'm waiting on the other companies to chime in and claim Bambino has far more inferior products.

I am getting the idea that Bambino will be around long after the others go out of business. I just don't feel that there is anybody who can compete with them on the price/performance ratio. You can buy a case of Bellissimos for half the cost of a case of Better Dry or Crinklz, and still get better absorbency!

todaler said:
There isn't one answer to satisfy the question. The answer for each brand is different compared to another. We should be fully restocked this week and next on our diapers, Puppers and all.

Well, from the looks of it.. I would say you have quite a bit of competition. I wish you the best of luck keeping up!

todaler said:
What's going on with the clothing? Shortalls have been out of stock in most sizes for over a year now. Same with dino and puppers onesies which are now completely MIA from the site as well as all footed pajamas. 😱😭

Nowididit said:

Bingo!!

Hit the nail on the head. I have been wondering this as well. What allows bambino to have incredible sales fairly often when all other ABDL companies refuse to.

Probably Bambino is owned by a company that serves a bigger market (medical diapers).

Reactions: Rusher and Edgewater
Bambino is the first ABDL diaper company that existed. The started the whole AB diapers. Back when they first started they had the baby blocks diapers and an all white diaper. So they might have a special deal to get them made at a lower cost

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: TigerDL, Edgewater and abdl86
babyjoe698 said:
Bambino is the first ABDL diaper company that existed. The started the whole AB diapers. Back when they first started they had the baby blocks diapers and an all white diaper. So they might have a special deal to get them made at a lower cost
Why should it be like that? That sounds kind of strange if that was the case :unsure:

DloverUK said:
Probably Bambino is owned by a company that serves a bigger market (medical diapers).

They are part of The Bottom Half Group, who offers a pull-on in addition to the Total Dry X-Plus side-wrap brief, which the Bambino diapers are patterned after. Total Dry has been around for several years before Bambino was created.

Somebody mentioned about other companies claiming that Bambino products are "inferior". Nothing can be farther from the truth. I have never had a defective product in any of the cases I purchased. Even the Total Dry X-Plus is quite thick compared to other medical-grade diapers. Still, I don't think they sell the same amount of medical products as they do the Bambino line.

I still remain stumped at how they have the capability of marketing and selling their diapers at half the cost others, and how they have continued to remain in business for so many years in spite of it!

• Thinking
Reactions: Edgewater and abdl86
Bambino's diapers have been the same for years. I'm guessing the manufacturing costs are quite low since there's very little changes needed for the machines. The other ABDL companies keep offering new products with new features, like different coverings, different fillings, positional printing, etc. These changes cost money to set up the machines and this the production runs will cost more money for them. I'm also guessing that Bambino's clothing line is just from the same Chinese manufacturers that made onesies and socks for other companies.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and Honeywell6180
babyjoe698 said:
You're right. They're also the 1st abdl diaper I ever tried. I love their Bellisimos. The 1st ones, not the V2s.

Reactions: BOXERSORBRIEFS, TigerDL and Edgewater
Honeywell6180 said:
I look at other vendors, and see that LL Medico is out of stock on their Better Drys, having only the small size available. Tykables are down to one version for their mediums, in the Unicorns. ABUnivers is nearly out of everything except for their Peek-A-Boos. I can order both versions of their Bellissimos for less than $80.00 per case of 48 from Bambino, while North Shore Mega Max is $109.00 for a case of 40. Could this have to do with production volumes and economics of scale, or did Bambino order a huge stock at one point, and are selling off that inventory? What gives?
I'm a bit confused, I thought they were going out of business. This was a headlining news here on adisc earlier last year
I guess it was a false alarm

Last edited:
blueponydl said:
Bambino's diapers have been the same for years. I'm guessing the manufacturing costs are quite low since there's very little changes needed for the machines. The other ABDL companies keep offering new products with new features, like different coverings, different fillings, positional printing, etc. These changes cost money to set up the machines and this the production runs will cost more money for them. I'm also guessing that Bambino's clothing line is just from the same Chinese manufacturers that made onesies and socks for other companies.

I think this may most likely be the case. They may even have a lower overhead due to equipment being amortized over a decade or so. The Secure and Secure X-Plus brands are where they had their start, back in 2003. I believe the owner of the company is Gary Hirsch, and he owns several patents related to the design of adult diapers. One of them can be seen on this link: https://uspto.report/patent/grant/D882,769

I may even be possible that Gary Hirsch could be behind the designs of many ABDL diapers on the current market, as the basic design of some of their diapers are very similar to the original Secure X-Plus brand except for the graphics. Ownership of these designs could be another source of revenue for Bambino, which would theoretically allow them to sell their products at a lower price than other vendors.

Reactions: Edgewater and pampers4U
Honestly, I have found Bambino far more comfortable, and their gel to fluff ratio seems spot on, as I get the best sag and squish from their diapers. My favorite are the super stretch versions, magnificos and bloomeez. Id love to see a v2 magnifico which would be positional printed with the stretch wings.

My issues with Bambino are these. First and foremost, their customer service is almost non existent. Getting them to respond, or communicate has been impossible as of late. Second, other than other products they are now carrying, their diaper innovations have seemed to come to a stand still.

I have tried many of the others, rearz, tykables, and abu, and while they have cute products, positional print is amazing and adorable, their products can be difficult to fit right. I do not have this issue with mags/blooms. Because of this, I continue to purchase their products and hope I dont get a shipping issue.

Take note Todaler: What I would like to see from tykables, abu, rearz and so on is this race to the most mLs to come to a stop and start working on and improving functionality, and design. Streamlining, improving fit to make it more universal, start looking into stretch wings and continue on where bambino has left off, making it better, and work for more people. Perhaps, if even possible, start investing in your own completely customized machines, starting with one, then adding more as you can. Cute penciled style animal designs for prints would also be amazing. Also, maybe better designed plain styles, with better odor control and etc.

As far as the mags/blooms I have seen complaints about it, and I have my own prep method which vastly improves them. Also, trim excess wing material, this vastly improves fit.

I will attatch an example if my improvements below as well as how they look worn.

I do love the camelots from tykables, the little kings from abu, and many others. A super stretch version would be so nice. But, I also understand resources and all that.

Joey

Attachments

• 20230211_083317.jpg
    20230211_083317.jpg
    802.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20230211_084121.jpg
    20230211_084121.jpg
    692.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20221130_204745.jpg
    20221130_204745.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 20230204_173700.jpg
    20230204_173700.jpg
    594.7 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: Puffysoft, DiaperedG and TigerDL
As stated by todaler, there is no single answer. But to have resellers running low to 'out of stock', would be common now because most companies are set-up on a calendar year and pay taxes on inventory based on January's stock. Hence, it is wise to run inventories low, now!

Prices have been on an upward trend for the last three-years and are not showing a sign of flattening and clearly not dropping.

Add ever increasing demands by manufacturers forcing the reseller to adjust their order volume to meet the new run size requirements, limiting the number of run stops plus additional costs for machine adjustments, etc, etc...

I just picked up two cases of Classico All-over Print, for $65 per case. (of 48) $1.35 per diaper is a really good price! They're not considered "premium capacity" anymore, but I can't even get Betterdry Day for that price.

• Wow
Reactions: DiaperedG
Honeywell6180 said:
I’ve ordered from Bambino in the past & after not receiving it after a couple weeks I reached out. They were out of stock in my size but didn’t update the website. Maybe they have less stock than they’re showing online, or maybe they’re just stock gods!

Just bought some Bambinos for the first time in years. (Bellissimo V1s and Classicos)

I can tell you why they're cheap - most likely because their diapers are super thin!

To be fair, the bar has been raised a lot by brands like tykables, who are putting out super thick diapers. (The bag of Tykables I got was almost twice as long as the bag of bellissimos)

But I also think Bambino might have made their diapers thinner over the years. I swear to god the bellissimos used to be pretty thick. The plastic they use now is much thicker and rougher also.

Still, they're pretty good for budget diapers. Stick a booster or two in and they'll be fine.

Reactions: TigerDL and Edgewater
Back