Bald, dentured and incontinent

Bette Davis said something similar...."old age is not for wimps" (misquote)
We just have to soldier on with what we have, adapt, and find pleasure in the small things and the good things we are granted.
Pining for what has gone gets us nowhere. 😃🙏

• Love
Reactions: AttilaThePun, BigAl2 and Edgewater
Only 47 here. Not IC, full head of hair and all teeth still firmly intact (couple fillings though).
Although I have all 3 of the afore mentioned, I do have other problems (already covered in another thread). I'm just taking life a day at a time with future plans held loosely to accomodate chages.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, BigAl2, Edgewater and 1 other person
Still have some hair, and teeth some crowns. Got a hearing aid last month no IC

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Edgewater, BigAl2 and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
Getting Old Sucks and is clearly not for the weak or faint of heart!
Kids do not know how good they have it, until it's Gone!

Still got hair (thanks mom)! Still got teeth (thanks modern Dentistry! Continence that has been gone for 45+ years now and there is no sign of it ever returning.

While I agree that getting old sucks... I maintain it is better than the only alternative I've heard of...

Personally, I am lucky to have most of my hair, all of my teeth, and botox has given me a pretty significant improvement in continence during the day lately. Nights are still bad so I'll put myself down as 0.75 out of 3.

• Love
Reactions: AttilaThePun, DiaperedCherub, Edgewater and 2 others
Lethdale said:
If folks are having deep seated issues with their teeth, their health will most certainly improve once out.
My teeth have caused me so much fucking PAIN over the past 17 years I can't begin to describe it all...plus I had to put all extractions on a fucking credit card at a time when I continually HAD TO take on jobs that paid incredibly well but frequently landed me in the hospital (I'm impressed as I ALWAYS managed to collapse AFTER I finished them!) and I'd estimate a minimum of 200-250 of my 700+ days spent hospitalized are a direct result of me doing jobs I had no business even thinking about doing, but I was so desperate for the money that I literally had ZERO other options!

The 1st bite I take into an apple or anything that requires good teeth to eat and chew and don't instantly cringe from violent pain, I think I'll be so happy I'll shit in my pants on the spot LOL!

CptKirk

PS....BEFORE Jan 18 2004 when life as I knew it ended, I had PERFECT, FLAWLESS teeth unless you count the 5 root canals and 2 crowns from a violent head to head collision wrestling a 265lb monster! I got off easy. He was out cold for almost a full 5 minutes. They had to take him out in an ambulance out of an abundance of caution. I actually got the win due to him having to medically forfeit but I respected the shit out of that guy as we were literally trying to kill each other for the 1st 5 minutes of that match and the score was tied at 5 a piece with just under 1 minute remaining and whoever won that match, won the meet! We both went for a double leg takedown at the same exact time and our faces/jaws collided at full speed.....me weighing 189, him 265, both moving as quickly as our bodies allowed. That one hurt for DAYS. Only good thing about it was that the school paid for the dental work.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, BigAl2, Edgewater and 1 other person
Hearing aids crack me up. I LOVE my stereos. I have a main stereo upstairs that IF bought new today would cost me well over 25k (speakers would cost almost 4k/each and there are 4 of them and 2 slightly smaller ones) and I'm not happy unless pictures are rattling off of walls. My Tahoe has 11 channels of amplified AWESOMENESS, great for making those punks who make you listen to that shit Crap they love so much CHOKE on whatever I happen to be listening to at the the time....even with my windows halfway up and stereo only on about 2/3 up they can't remotely hear their shit anymore! Plus the sound quality is PRISTINE! REALLY makes my 802 mile riode to my best friends truly enjoyable (unless others are riding with me as they whine when I "get into a groove) with the mirrors rattling, lights dimming, seats vibrating and ears in HEAVEN! When alone that stereo will NOT go below 2/3 volume and will often be up to about 9/10 volume for hours on end! LOVE my music, NEED it LOUD!

Despite this and having been a LOUD music NUT since i was about 10, my hearing is pretty dam solid! I guess with all of the other problems I have, GOD gave me a set of super duty ears!

PS Watching rappers have to listen to Neil Young, Stones, Nazareth, Black Sabbath, DIO and one time Simon & Garfunkel is fucking PRICELESS! I wish to GOD I had the presence of mind to record them going out of their mind!

CptKirk

Reactions: Lethdale, AttilaThePun, BigAl2 and 1 other person
CptKirk said:
My teeth have caused me so much fucking PAIN over the past 17 years I can't begin to describe it all...plus I had to put all extractions on a fucking credit card at a time when I continually HAD TO take on jobs that paid incredibly well but frequently landed me in the hospital (I'm impressed as I ALWAYS managed to collapse AFTER I finished them!) and I'd estimate a minimum of 200-250 of my 700+ days spent hospitalized are a direct result of me doing jobs I had no business even thinking about doing, but I was so desperate for the money that I literally had ZERO other options!

The 1st bite I take into an apple or anything that requires good teeth to eat and chew and don't instantly cringe from violent pain, I think I'll be so happy I'll shit in my pants on the spot LOL!

CptKirk

PS....BEFORE Jan 18 2004 when life as I knew it ended, I had PERFECT, FLAWLESS teeth unless you count the 5 root canals and 2 crowns from a violent head to head collision wrestling a 265lb monster! I got off easy. He was out cold for almost a full 5 minutes. They had to take him out in an ambulance out of an abundance of caution. I actually got the win due to him having to medically forfeit but I respected the shit out of that guy as we were literally trying to kill each other for the 1st 5 minutes of that match and the score was tied at 5 a piece with just under 1 minute remaining and whoever won that match, won the meet! We both went for a double leg takedown at the same exact time and our faces/jaws collided at full speed.....me weighing 189, him 265, both moving as quickly as our bodies allowed. That one hurt for DAYS. Only good thing about it was that the school paid for the dental work.
That's the thing...it's all down to personal choice.
It's no good hanging on to teeth if they begin to cause one pain and upset....or upset one's system.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, CptKirk and Edgewater
Im an audio nut too CptKirk. My new car i just got. The stereo kicks ass for a factory one. 7 speaker Pioneer system. And the head unit has a 6 disk changer in it.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, CptKirk and Edgewater
Lethdale said:
That's the thing...it's all down to personal choice.
It's no good hanging on to teeth if they begin to cause one pain and upset....or upset one's system.
Well, if the teeth are causing health issues and there's no other option, that's a totally different case and I understand it.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Edgewater and Lethdale
I wear a partial denture, have quite a bit of hair left on top, almost pure white now, but nearly no body hair. I wear hearing aids and I'm completely urinary incontinent with some bowel incontinence also. Although I'll occasionally wear a pullup as a diaper cover, it's been years since anything but a premium disposable or doubled cloth diaper could provide adequate protection. BUT when I'm properly diapered, I can live pretty normally.

• Love
Reactions: AttilaThePun, Constantlydamp, Edgewater and 1 other person
Approaching 70. Still have a full head of hair, though it is a bit thinner than when I was young. Over the past 10 years I have acquired more hair on my back than most men have on their head. Hate it. Still have my teeth... in fact still have two baby teeth! And been dealing with urinary issues all of my life, with full blown incontinence the past 30.

@cptkirk Back in 94/95 I spent a year on Solumedrol (IV steroid, 1gram/day), which has caused severe osteonecrosis. Both hips have been replaced. Shoulders next. Spine is collapsing. Really sorry to hear you're going through this. I feel for you.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, CptKirk, Edgewater and 1 other person
CheshireCat said:
Approaching 70. Still have a full head of hair, though it is a bit thinner than when I was young. Over the past 10 years I have acquired more hair on my back than most men have on their head. Hate it. Still have my teeth... in fact still have two baby teeth! And been dealing with urinary issues all of my life, with full blown incontinence the past 30.

@cptkirk Back in 94/95 I spent a year on Solumedrol (IV steroid, 1gram/day), which has caused severe osteonecrosis. Both hips have been replaced. Shoulders next. Spine is collapsing. Really sorry to hear you're going through this. I feel for you.
Funny, cos as my hair has left my head it's sprung up everywhere else it shouldn't

• Haha
Reactions: Napincolove, AttilaThePun, EcoIncon and 1 other person
I don't understand how having your teeth out. Can shorten life span. Other than not being able to eat some foods before getting dentures. I have my nutrition needs figured out while im healing and waiting for my dentures. A blender will be handy for that. Our family has a history of living into the 80's. And everyone had dentures. My father has stage 4 cancer and he's 79. So he wont see 80.

• Sad
Reactions: AttilaThePun, Edgewater, CptKirk and 1 other person
Infected teeth will poison one's body. 👍

• Wow
Reactions: AttilaThePun, Edgewater, geka and 3 others
Lethdale said:
Funny, cos as my hair has left my head it's sprung up everywhere else it shouldn't

Exactly... aging doesn't cause hair loss... it just causes "hair transfer"... to your nose, back, eyebrows, ears, and everywhere else that it isn't supposed to be.

• Haha
Reactions: Napincolove, AttilaThePun, slimjiminy and 5 others
All of those 🤣

Reactions: Constantlydamp, AttilaThePun, Edgewater and 1 other person
Bald, tick, Incontinent, tick, Dentures only a partial tick as I wear an upper partial that covers the whole of my palate. No hearing aids yet but glasses get thicker after every eye test. Youth is wasted on the young and I just wish I could turn back the clock 40 years.

• Love
Reactions: Napincolove, EcoIncon, Edgewater and 3 others
CptKirk said:
Well, be sure you're wearing a fresh diaper before that occasion! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: DiaperedCherub, EcoIncon and Edgewater
Lethdale said:
So, you bought a nose hair trimmer with a pull-starter gasoline-fueled engine? 😁

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: DiaperedCherub, EcoIncon, Edgewater and 1 other person
You're not wrong....🤣👍

• Haha
Reactions: Edgewater and AttilaThePun
Back