Baby size 6

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
Can I use a baby diaper as a booster ? Will it do anything for me ??

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and littledreamers333
I’ve used them before and I think they work good. There’s a post on here somewhere that shows how to rip the leg guard and backing off without messing the sap up. It makes perfect boosters. I’ve used 3 at one time with a generic brand(cvs) and actually done ok. Good to use in a pinch I would say.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I use them all the time. Those things hold a ton of pee! If I am going to be in a diaper for several hours I will wear my disposable with a Large Tena booster and a size six Pamper inside that. Then a cotton bloomer and a pair of plastic pants and I am ready to go.

With something like a footed sleeper over all this you really get the toddler feeling and look. I tend to have to waddle, so this would be a bit over the top for public wearing. Just fine in my own home, and I love the waddle.

• Love
Reactions: Theophilus, PadPhilosopher, theancientmariner and 1 other person
I don’t want to do any work, so can I make use out of them out of the box?

Nam Repaid said:
Love em! Baby diapers make great boosters. LUVS current version is not good any more so I use Superabsorb Overnites. Look here https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/diaper-boosters.174130/#post-2267343 .
You say these were the Luvs Overnights? Tell me, is there any difference between those and the regular Luvs same size? I'd like to get the Overnights, but really can't justify the high cost of them if I believe they'll perform the same for me, an adult using them as stuffers, so I just went with the regular size 7.

qwertyqwerty said:
I don’t want to do any work, so can I make use out of them out of the box?
NO. Sorry but you must at least strip the side elastics off and if not pealing off the backing slit it with a razor blade (way messier as SAP powder spills).

not really unless you plan to cut slits into baby diapers so the fluids pass through
if you need more capacity adult booster pads exist
if you want baby diapers for the nostalgia then you have to cut a couple slits in them to work in your adult diaper as a booster pad

theancientmariner said:
You say these were the Luvs Overnights? Tell me, is there any difference between those and the regular Luvs same size? I'd like to get the Overnights, but really can't justify the high cost of them if I believe they'll perform the same for me, an adult using them as stuffers, so I just went with the regular size 7.
The LUVS in the link photo were "PRO Level" 6 & 7, no longer available. The current "Paw Patrol" 6, 7 & Overnights just are not so good, IMHO. I currently use Target SuperAbsorb Overnite, $28 for a case of 72. The SuperAbsorbs strip down to the plastic easily but a bit of careful dabbing with duct tape is required to peal the plastic leaving the SAP contained. You could cut slits.
2023-11-22_SuperAbsorbON_14.JPG

Nam Repaid said:
The LUVS in the link photo were "PRO Level" 6 & 7, no longer available. The current "Paw Patrol" 6, 7 & Overnights just are not so good, IMHO. I currently use Target SuperAbsorb Overnite, $28 for a case of 72. The SuperAbsorbs strip down to the plastic easily but a bit of careful dabbing with duct tape is required to peal the plastic leaving the SAP contained. You could cut slits.
View attachment 134139
I don't cut slits in my Luvs, they just go in and when they leak, it doesn't matter how bad it is; it's inside my main one, so no need to cut slits imo. I don't think I'll even be buying these either. Seems like a really good deal, but I want to try Pampers easy ups as boosters next as I've heard they're scented.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and osirisboi15
theancientmariner said:
I don't cut slits in my Luvs, they just go in and when they leak, it doesn't matter how bad it is; it's inside my main one, so no need to cut slits imo. I don't think I'll even be buying these either. Seems like a really good deal, but I want to try Pampers easy ups as boosters next as I've heard they're scented.
Luvs and Pampers are both scented but to me the Pampers have a better and stronger scent. I’ve used pampers as boosters with generic brand (cvs diapers) but I tear the leak guards off and the cloth backing. I do this because I didn’t trust the generic ones to hold up to a leak from the booster; it would just pass through. Even though still, last time I done this, I used 3 boosters and two outer layers.

osirisboi15 said:
Luvs and Pampers are both scented but to me the Pampers have a better and stronger scent. I’ve used pampers as boosters with generic brand (cvs diapers) but I tear the leak guards off and the cloth backing. I do this because I didn’t trust the generic ones to hold up to a leak from the booster; it would just pass through. Even though still, last time I done this, I used 3 boosters and two outer layers.
That’s a lot. The most I’m going to use at one time is 2. 1 for the front and 1 for the back. And maybe if the front one gets too wet I’ll swab it out. But still because I only have highly absorbent Abdl diapers there’s really no need for ample amounts of protection.

Reactions: southeastlittle and osirisboi15
theancientmariner said:
That’s a lot. The most I’m going to use at one time is 2. 1 for the front and 1 for the back. And maybe if the front one gets too wet I’ll swab it out. But still because I only have highly absorbent Abdl diapers there’s really no need for ample amounts of protection.
Honestly I done the three boosters just to hold the liquid and the two outer for the padding. At that point I hadn’t worn in while and only had a short time to be padded so I went to the “extreme” lol.

Reactions: theancientmariner
Back