Automatic Wetting

gobphus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
A moment ago I felt a flood of hot wetness in my lap as my internal urinary sphincter relaxed and my external urinary sphincter didn't reflexively clench to stop the flow of urine into my diaper. I call this "automatic wetting" and experience it occasionally during the night as "bedwetting" but also during the day when I'm wearing a diaper. My awake brain has automated the decision not to clench when I'm diapered. In the past I have woken up at night as I begin to urinate and automatically clench, which irritates me. I would rather just stay relaxed and let wetting happen without interference. I didn't start this thread in the Incontinence section because I assume that incontinent people frequently experience automatic wetting. I'm more curious about the experiences of continent diaper wearers with automatic wetting.

Reactions: Lyric, nectar0001, Canadianfalls and 2 others
Well, it happens to me either. Usually i do have control until my bladder maximum capacity is reached.

The "autonomic" wetting, as you call it, happens not very often to me, but usually when i am padded. On the other side i am wearing most of the time, but for example not at night. My pelvic floor will cramp before letting go and i will wake up in extreme pain when the bladder cramps at the same time.

I already thought about why this happens during daytime, i am not sure, perhaps that is something my brain tricks me out, because i am aware of wearing a diaper. But i really can not tell.

I trained with my PT to NOT clench the pelvic floor when an urge happens, and i still try that to prevent pain and get the Detrusor Spincter Dis-Coordination under better control. This maybe the cause for me, some kind of conditioning perhaps.

Last edited:
Reactions: gobphus and tiron101
Similar here too. My bladder urges are usually accompanied by wetness at the same time without interference from me. I'm guessing that my brain and bladder have adjusted to being padded most of the time. I usually know when I'm wetting, but it's so faint in my memory that I don't know how many times it happened, and once in a while when I'm really involved and focused on something, I'll realize I'm wet without even remembering it.

Reactions: skylanderpamp, GoodnitesXL21 and gobphus
Wow! That's some great conditioning and the ultimate goal of diaper training!

I can only pee unconsciously in my sleep, but I'm afraid that sleep wetting happens whether I want it or not, and it doesn't count as diaper training because that's the result of an injury I got several years ago while rock-climbing.

On the other hand, during daytime I can feel the urge to pee most times and I have to consciously prevent my sphyncters from clenching -which has become easier over time- but some other times when I'm focused on other stuff I just feel the sudden warmth in my diaper, which makes me very happy because I also loathe the feeling of a full bladder; however these cases aren't as frequent to say that I've mastered "automatic wetting" yet. I guess that whilst my body is still learning to relax in diapers, my brain keeps preventing me from gettin too relaxed... if that makes sense.

Reactions: a4aABDL, gobphus and tiron101
Sometimes it happens for me, that my bladder just releases without any warning, other times a strong urge builds up before releasing.
I guess the automatic wetting is happening because I’m accustomed to be in diapers 24/7

• Thinking
Reactions: Pino and gobphus
There’s a slight distinction to be made here. Just now I knew I was going to wet my diaper and I did nothing reflexively or deliberately to prevent it, so it just happened. That’s a little different from first being aware of wetting, with no warning of its imminence and thus no opportunity to prevent it.

My doctor said its called pelvic floor disfunction. And i do the same sever pain, then an extreme urge or pressure like my bladder is contracting…but as soon as this happens I automatically clinch, because it’s painful for me to go…but if im diapered i go automatically, if not i have to rush to the bathroom…if ive gone number 2 recently i will have leakage both in front and down there. Which sucks!! Cuz i can make it to the restroom for num one, but have no control over num 2.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: Pino and gobphus
After a daytime accident in public I started wearing my diaper whenever I left home. My lady friend approved by warned that the diaper was for emergencies, not convenience. I didn't listen and it was not long before I was wetting without warning. The first time it happened, I burst into tears. She was reassuring, "It's O.K., sweetie, you had your diaper on". :cry:

Reactions: gobphus
gobphus said:
A moment ago I felt a flood of hot wetness in my lap as my internal urinary sphincter relaxed and my external urinary sphincter didn't reflexively clench to stop the flow of urine into my diaper. I call this "automatic wetting" and experience it occasionally during the night as "bedwetting" but also during the day when I'm wearing a diaper. My awake brain has automated the decision not to clench when I'm diapered. In the past I have woken up at night as I begin to urinate and automatically clench, which irritates me. I would rather just stay relaxed and let wetting happen without interference. I didn't start this thread in the Incontinence section because I assume that incontinent people frequently experience automatic wetting. I'm more curious about the experiences of continent diaper wearers with automatic wetting.
I haven't experienced this as such, but when wearing I do let it go the moment I feel the need to, even a little bit. Did you like how it felt?

nectar0001 said:
I haven't experienced this as such, but when wearing I do let it go the moment I feel the need to, even a little bit. Did you like how it felt?
I like the relaxation of automatic wetting and hate reflexive clenching. I like the pleasant surprise of sudden wetting better than knowing that it's coming and that I could stop it if I decided to.

Reactions: DinoFrant
This is something I can relate to. Every time I'm padded, I hold open my sphincter, and don't even try to stop myself from wetting. My sphincter tries to clench at the end of each wetting big or small, but I stop it. I let it come out as freely as it wants. No point trying to stop my diaper from getting thick and squishy while I'm in it.
But that's what leads to OAB issues, and a bit of diaper dependency if done enough.. That's why I try to keep myself down to 1 or 2 a week. But lately, I've been wearing so often, I'm a little afraid of what might happen if I'm not padded. Wore a Goodnight to bed last night, woke up wet So I put on a thick mega Safari so there'll be no more accidents in bed later when I sleep.
So these automatic wettings, they happen only when I'm padded because I don't ever bother holding my sphincter.
But I can transition from padded nights to regular underwear no problem. I think the issue I'm giving myself is the convenience of Goodnights during the day and Rearz diapers at night.

theancientmariner said:
This is something I can relate to. Every time I'm padded, I hold open my sphincter, and don't even try to stop myself from wetting. My sphincter tries to clench at the end of each wetting big or small, but I stop it. I let it come out as freely as it wants. No point trying to stop my diaper from getting thick and squishy while I'm in it.
But that's what leads to OAB issues, and a bit of diaper dependency if done enough.. That's why I try to keep myself down to 1 or 2 a week. But lately, I've been wearing so often, I'm a little afraid of what might happen if I'm not padded. Wore a Goodnight to bed last night, woke up wet So I put on a thick mega Safari so there'll be no more accidents in bed later when I sleep.
So these automatic wettings, they happen only when I'm padded because I don't ever bother holding my sphincter.
But I can transition from padded nights to regular underwear no problem. I think the issue I'm giving myself is the convenience of Goodnights during the day and Rearz diapers at night.
Do you wet in your sleep only when you’re padded?

I believe there are two urinary sphincters: internal and external. The internal one is controlled by the autonomic nervous system, so it has a mind of its own and can’t be held open. The external sphincter is under conscious control; that’s the one you’re holding open and the one I try to keep from reflexively clenching.

gobphus said:
Do you wet in your sleep only when you’re padded?

I believe there are two urinary sphincters: internal and external. The internal one is controlled by the autonomic nervous system, so it has a mind of its own and can’t be held open. The external sphincter is under conscious control; that’s the one you’re holding open and the one I try to keep from reflexively clenching.
Yes. I woke up wet this morning because I probably thought I was okay to let go last night when I had to go. Poor Goodnight even had a bit of dry padding in the back when I took it off, but it definitely leaked. If I had no diaper on whatsoever, I wouldn't've ever tried to let go. That's something I can transition back and forth from no major problem. If I'm not padded, there's no subconsciously deciding it's okay to go in my bed or not.

theancientmariner said:
Yes. I woke up wet this morning because I probably thought I was okay to let go last night when I had to go. Poor Goodnight even had a bit of dry padding in the back when I took it off, but it definitely leaked. If I had no diaper on whatsoever, I wouldn't've ever tried to let go. That's something I can transition back and forth from no major problem. If I'm not padded, there's no subconsciously deciding it's okay to go in my bed or not.
Lucky you!

Reactions: nectar0001
Back