At what age growing up did you stop wetting your bed

Tenaman said:
I wet the bed until I was six. My siblings were dry before me. Our nanny would put me into terry nappies and waterproof pants after evening bath time. I was then dry for about 5 years and then started wetting the bed again when I was away at boarding school. The matron and her staff were very understanding and there were about 10 of us boys in a school of just 80 or so who wet the bed. We had the inevitable rubber sheets on our bed but were also changed into terry nappy pants and waterproof pants before bed time. I continued to wet the bed until my early teens. Then dry again for a couple years when it started again. It often coincided with times of stress e.g. exams. I was then dry until I suffered a spinal injury playing rugby in my mid 20s and started wetting the bed again. Since then over 35 years ago subsequent spinal issues have left my IC and I now wear nappies 24/7 to manage it and lead a normal life.
You've had quite a run of situations that led to your bedwetting and then incontinence. You have dealt with all those situation admirably and have managed to lead a normal life, albeit diapered 24/7 now.

In my case I very soon began craving independence and intimacy about my bedwetting and my diaper care, control and of course putting and/or changing it, due to familiar circumstances. So if my calculations are accurate that happened finally when I was about 8 or 9 y/old. Besides that helped me also to be self conscious and responsible of yourself (including your issues) and somehow to convince myself that if it was nothing to be proud of, wasn,t to be ashamed either. and thus I slowly started to go sleeping elsewhere, and being straightforward with who I believed to be my friends, each time more and more confident (reinforced with the fact that luckily I had good friends and none of them made the slightest commentary or betrayed me later on).
It´s not easy to have these problems when you are a kid/teen, but with a bit of philosophy, self steem and luck (of finding worthless friends) it´s like any other problem, related to health o to whatever other motive.

Reactions: slimjiminy and JOCKMAN
Haven’t stopped

Reactions: chamberpot, INCONTGUY and gobphus
Jg21101 said:
Haven’t stopped
Do you agree that there should be a "bedwetter" category in addition to "incontinence"?

Reactions: bedwetterdavid
Hmm kinda same thing I guess but could be useful I suppose

Reactions: INCONTGUY
Nightly bedwetter, forever.

Back