Are most ABDLs white?

OscarS said:
What I mean by that is Schools need to expand their education system so that everyone would know that Diapers/Pull-Ups are for everyone.

That would be a ridiculous addition to the curriculum. Every educational choice comes with an opportunity cost, what are you proposing prioritising this over? Schools routinely fail at the basics because of having to try to do too much, shoehorning something like this in would just confuse things further. Underwear has no place on the syllabus.

Reactions: sissygirlpink, Diaperman95, OscarS and 1 other person
ej24 said:
Sometimes I wonder if there are distinct differences in parenting style that leads children to be more or less likely to become abdl? (not that parenting style is the only factor in determining whether someone becomes abdl, but it's likely one of many factors).
I have no doubt that parenting played a major role in the development of my (non-AB/DL) fetishes.

My mom and dad taught me that sex was only for married couples, which in 1960s parent-speak meant heterosexual couples. good people, they told me, never had sex outside of marriage. As a result, my strong sexual response to any girl who was willing to date me frightened the bejeebers out of me and usually resulted in a premature ejaculation in my pants and a premature end to the date, if I didn’t bolt for safety before that.

So, instead of having sex with girls, I took full advantage of what I‘d taught myself, through experimentation, about the sexual pleasures of peeing and pooping in my pants and using the resulting mess as a great lube for masturbation.

There were other factors:

— After my one and only poop accident, at age four or five, my mother cleaned me up without fuss and presumably sent me back outside to play. But before she noticed that I didn’t smell so good, I remember enjoying what it felt like to sit down on a biggish load of poop in my underpants

— At about age five or six, I remember feeling like a big who had been accdpted into a “club” when two older boys coerced me, in a friendly manner, to pee into an old bottle they provided.

— The first threat of violence on my person, when I was five or six years old, came from a classmate who followed me home after school, threatening to beat me up the whole way to my house, then pooping a big turd in his pans and then shaking it down his pant leg onto our lawn. To this day, anxiety makes me need to poop, and I always want to do it in my pants, which I do, and shake it down my pant legs, which I often do.

-- Then there was my paternal grandmother, who told me how ladies used to wear so many layers of clothing that they couldn’t sit on a toilet so they just stood, spread their legs, and peed. I understood that to mean that they peed in their panties. I failed to appreciate the fact that in “olden days,” women did not wear panties as such, so, as soon as possible, I tried a little experiment and found that I too could spread my legs and pee in my pants, and that it felt really good!

by the time I was 14, I was regularly “having sex” in my own underwear (and continuing to ejaculate in my underwear on dates).

Peter P.P.

Reactions: ogdlv and KendallP
Anemone said:
That would be a ridiculous addition to the curriculum. Every educational choice comes with an opportunity cost, what are you proposing prioritising this over? Schools routinely fail at the basics because of having to try to do too much, shoehorning something like this in would just confuse things further. Underwear has no place on the syllabus.
I can’t agree more! I taught both elementary and secondary grades in public schools for 17 years before burning out. My wife did the same, but coped for 28 years — before burning out and suffering extreme anxiety.

The demands on us were unbelievable. We were required to teach everything in the curricula while maintaining “discipline,” preparing and teaching lessons, marking papers, having meetings with sometimes abusive parents, and dealing with the problems that our students had to deal with at home, including physical, verbal, sexual, and psychological abuse, poor nutrition, alcoholism, mental illness, divorce, poor nutrition, religious fundamentalism, and poverty). I was once physically assaulted by a high school student because I told him to stop hitting a younger student. My wife was physically assaulted by a parent because she touched the woman’s son on his shoulder to get his attention.

Neither of us ever felt that had the time and energy to ensure that we did everything we were supposed to do, in part because we were continually under pressure to incorporate this, that, and the other new course or topic or activity into the school day, which meant that even more time had to be spent after hours and at home preparing for the next day‘s combat.

I’ve had jobs in four professions — I’ve was a U.S. Navy hospital corpsman, wounded in Vietnam in 1966. I’ve been a journalist, a teacher, and a photographer. Only teaching left me physically and mentally exhausted at the end of the day.

You want to support teachers? THEN DON’T MAKE THEIR JOBS HARDER BY GIVING THEM MORE TO DO! AND PAY THEM A LIVING WAGE! (A couple cannot survive on the salary of one teacher, and can barely make it with two salaries.)

Wild horses couldn’t drag either my wife or me back into the classroom. We are amazed that anyone wants to be teacher, and we have counselled young people to look for any job outside of public education.

Peter P.P.

Reactions: Anemone
ej24 said:
Just an anecdotal observation, and perhaps I just need to look at other forums but in my time browsing the web trying to understand myself and ABDLism I find that most of us are white males. The male part is not exactly news but I feel like in browsing adisc and other sites I see very few ABDLs that aren't white. Am I totally wrong in this observation? White people barely represent the majority of the population in the US yet a majority of abdls seem to be white. I'm curious why that is? Perhaps stigma among certain ethnicities prevent them from feeling like they can participate in ABDL culture? For example many black, LGBT individuals have been accosted and even killed recently in the US. Even black celebrities like Lil Nas X have caught flack from other rap artists about coming out as gay. So if you're part of a potentially taboo group (like LGBT or ABDL or whatever) you're more likely to stay quiet?

Or perhaps I'm just oblivious and there's a totally proportional amount of ABDLs that aren't white?
I've noticed personally that people in marginalized groups (women, non-white people, LGBT people, etc) aren't as willing to be open about their hobbies or interests as white men are because they're treated differently for not being white men. Most communities are good about catching the obvious and intentional racism/sexism/homophobia, but a lot of the more subtle "othering" like asking someone "what's it like being a woman into ABDL" is well-intended so it doesn't get filtered.

Being asked questions about yourself and your experiences once or twice isn't bad, but those types of questions will get asked over and over and over again for the person's entire life about everything they do. It gets annoying after a while and those people don't get to have as much fun, because they have to spend more time teaching people stuff that's not related to their interests and they have to repeat themselves a lot. They can try to ignore it, but then people will think they're rude or stuck-up and treat them even more different. Even beyond the more innocent stuff, they still will have to deal with seeing or being the target of intentional bigotry before moderators can get to it, which gets tiring too.

People in marginalized groups are a lot more likely to form smaller, private communities for their hobbies or interests with people who are in the same group as them so they won't be treated different and they can have more fun. Some people (regardless of the demographic they're in) also choose to just go solo for their interests instead of joining a community at all, like I did for a long time!

Reactions: fiorember, ShyBoo81 and Anemone
I only look white. I am 50% Hispanic (Mexican), 37.5% Dutch ("Nederlander") and 12.5% Israeli. And Israeli is Asian, so I'm not white...not even half-white. And "white" is understood to be synonymous with European. :unsure:

I had to laugh about teaching pull-up or diapers in school though I'm not dissing on the respondent. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I come from an entire family of teachers and educators, my wife having been department head of special education at a junior high school, the same school I worked 13 years as a teacher assistant. Everything we did was "time on task". Everything taught was on the subject matter because of the Standards of Learning tests.

But what made me laugh is the number of states making the teaching of slavery, an important part of our American history, no longer being allowed to be taught because it might make a few white kids feel bad. I can imagine what our Governor would have to say about teaching how to use a pull-up.

Reactions: Lattimore55 and OscarS
puppyinthemoon said:
I've noticed personally that people in marginalized groups (women, non-white people, LGBT people, etc) aren't as willing to be open about their hobbies or interests as white men are because they're treated differently for not being white men. Most communities are good about catching the obvious and intentional racism/sexism/homophobia, but a lot of the more subtle "othering" like asking someone "what's it like being a woman into ABDL" is well-intended so it doesn't get filtered.

Being asked questions about yourself and your experiences once or twice isn't bad, but those types of questions will get asked over and over and over again for the person's entire life about everything they do. It gets annoying after a while and those people don't get to have as much fun, because they have to spend more time teaching people stuff that's not related to their interests and they have to repeat themselves a lot. They can try to ignore it, but then people will think they're rude or stuck-up and treat them even more different. Even beyond the more innocent stuff, they still will have to deal with seeing or being the target of intentional bigotry before moderators can get to it, which gets tiring too.

People in marginalized groups are a lot more likely to form smaller, private communities for their hobbies or interests with people who are in the same group as them so they won't be treated different and they can have more fun. Some people (regardless of the demographic they're in) also choose to just go solo for their interests instead of joining a community at all, like I did for a long time!
Excellent points and well articulated, thank you!

Reactions: puppyinthemoon
ej24 said:
Just an anecdotal observation, and perhaps I just need to look at other forums but in my time browsing the web trying to understand myself and ABDLism I find that most of us are white males. The male part is not exactly news but I feel like in browsing adisc and other sites I see very few ABDLs that aren't white. Am I totally wrong in this observation? White people barely represent the majority of the population in the US yet a majority of abdls seem to be white. I'm curious why that is? Perhaps stigma among certain ethnicities prevent them from feeling like they can participate in ABDL culture? For example many black, LGBT individuals have been accosted and even killed recently in the US. Even black celebrities like Lil Nas X have caught flack from other rap artists about coming out as gay. So if you're part of a potentially taboo group (like LGBT or ABDL or whatever) you're more likely to stay quiet?

Or perhaps I'm just oblivious and there's a totally proportional amount of ABDLs that aren't white?
According to the US CENSUS WEBSITE 2021, whites make up 58% of the US population, African American 12%, Latino 19% and Asian approximately 5% combined that is 36%... divvy up the rest of the races however you want it still comes out approximately 58-42%. So I am not sure that your comment that, "white people BARELY represent the majority of the population" is completely accurate, and by extension, how could there be so many more white ABDL's?

So, 58 to 12 is it any wonder it seems like there are more white ABDL's than African American ?
58-19 is it any wonder it seems like there are more white ABDL's than Hispanic?
58-5 is it any wonder it seems like there are more white ABDL's than Asian?

If I went to Mexico, I bet there are more Hispanic ABDL's than white ABDL's.

Last edited:
Reactions: OscarS, ade and dogboy
Anemone said:
More teachers are needed to help settle things down.

Good question. I just assume that most abdl’s are white males because I’m a white male living in Australia where 90.2 of the population are white. That most Australian abdl’s are, therefore, white males would come as no surprise to me. Now if I had grown up in America where just 58% of the population is white I’m not sure that I would assume that most American abdl’s are white males. Or do most American abdl’s assume they are? I do note that every avatar that I have seen featuring a profile of a person is of a white person.
Now if most abdl’s are Caucasian I would be inclined to suspect that is the case because of economic factors afforded to white people in general. I wonder if abdl’s who were diapered in cloth diapers prefer cloth diapers to disposables? I must confess that I have absolutely no recollections of being an infant, being diapered, or being toilet trained so I can’t explain why I’m a diaper lover. I do suspect that my being a sissy has something to do with it, but…? Perhaps diapers are just so comfortable for infants, any infant that was diapered has an innate fondness for the feeling of being ‘hugged’ down there in that way? Why some of us choose to relive that feeling might be the quintessential abdl question rather than the race question. But having said that, I’m now quite curious about the OP’s question…are most abdl’s Caucasians? Somehow and despite my culture’s hegemony I still suspect that they might be. Strangely, I just think being an abdl is something that mostly only white people would do because…? Because I’m white I guess, but that assumption is not particularly logical I know.

But good for us white males (and some white females) for being willing to act out our deviance… in the sociological sense of ‘deviant’…. regardless. (Deviance in the sociological sense is norm-breaking behaviour rather than sexual deviance)

Reactions: OscarS and dogboy
OscarS said:
More teachers are needed to help settle things down.
More and better teachers would be nice but there are only so many hours in the day.

Reactions: OscarS
Speaking as a Southeast Asian, I think it just boils down to most of the US population being white, therefore niche interest groups like ABDL will mostly be white as well. I dont mind though. Its the same story with my other outdoorsy hobbies too so Im pretty used to it

But it also depends on what social media/online forums you visit. Theres a surprisingly big Japanese ABDL community over on Twitter for example, probably because Twitter is very popular in Japan

puppyinthemoon said:

Truth! While I do appreciate it when people are very welcoming of minorities in a niche community, I'd probably get a little annoyed after awhile if my Asian background is all that they ever talk about to me. I try to avoid making my ethnicity a part of my personality, and hope no one else treats me differently in a negative way either because of it

Reactions: longallsboy, OscarS and Anemone
As a black DL, this thread is very interesting....

As a "white" person — more pink, actually, with some darker, weathered overtones — I am well aware of the absence of people of colour from most hobbies I have enjoyed and organizations I have belonged to, going as far back as the U.S. Navy. There was one black guy in my boot camp company, although he might have been mixed-blood indigenous. At my first duty station, a large Navy hospital, there was just one Black and one Inuit hospital corpsmen (medics), two or three Filipinos, and one Japanese Nisei.

I've been a member of a couple clubs that had no Black members, and only two or three Asians. My wife teaches fitness classes at our local community centre. There are large numbers of Chinese, Koreans, Vietnamese, South Indians, Mexicans, and South and Central Americans and Indigenous people in our community, but her classes are almost exclusively composed of older White women and a few White men.

I can only imagine that somehow, collectively, we whites discourage people of colour from joining us, but why a liberal, friendly White guy like me could discourage someone form joining me in my activities I have no idea. Well, I do have some clues. They can be found in the imposition of White rule on Coloured peoples around the world throughout history. Groups of people have long memories.

Although some of my friends in high school were Mexican-Americans, and our town comprised roughly equal numbers of "Gringoes" and "Mexicans," there was little social interaction between the two groups. I attended university in Missouri, where my wife and I encountered huge disparities in the living conditions and opportunities for Whites and Blacks. Her school had only recently been integrated, several years after federal law mandated integration, and most of the teachers wanted nothing to do with black students.

We used to shop at a Safeway store in Columbia, and soon learned that there was a quick way to check out. That was by going to the least-used till, where there was seldom a line. The checker was a friendly, efficient Black woman who told us that White people usually avoided her.

I was once chatting with the manager of our apartment building, in the lobby, when a young, well-dressed black woman came in. She introduced herself as the person who had called earlier about an apartment that was for rent. The manager, without hesitation, said, "Oh, sorry, I just rented that apartment to another person." She thanked him, and left. He turned to me and said, "That apartment's still for rent, but I don't want no darkies living here." An interesting bit of historical/literary irony: The manager's surname was Clemens. He told me, proudly, that he was a cousin of Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain), author of Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, a major theme of which is the relationship that develops between a Huckleberry, a poor White boy, and Jim, a Black slave who escapes with Huckleberry's help. I guess the manager had never bothered to read Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

As a White person of English descent, I have been free of public censure because of my skin colour. Well, mostly free. One time in the Navy I was having supper in a restaurant with a White friend and our mutual Black friend (the one Black corpsman who worked with us in our hospital, mentioned earlier). Part way through our meal, two Black shore patrolmen (Navy cops) came into the restaurant and spotted us. One of them motioned to our Black friend to come over to them. They spoke to him briefly, and he returned to our table, telling us that he'd been told to leave or face arrest. The SPs didn't want him socializing with "Honkies".

It shouldn't surprise any White people that many or even most people of Colour have a long-standing, nearly genetic distrust of Whites, and stay away from them as much as possible.

Peter P.P.

• Sad
Reactions: OscarS, geka and ShyBoo81
ShyBoo81 said:
Speaking as a Southeast Asian, I think it just boils down to most of the US population being white, therefore niche interest groups like ABDL will mostly be white as well. I dont mind though. Its the same story with my other outdoorsy hobbies too so Im pretty used to it

But it also depends on what social media/online forums you visit. Theres a surprisingly big Japanese ABDL community over on Twitter for example, probably because Twitter is very popular in Japan

Truth! While I do appreciate it when people are very welcoming of minorities in a niche community, I'd probably get a little annoyed after awhile if my Asian background is all that they ever talk about to me. I try to avoid making my ethnicity a part of my personality, and hope no one else treats me differently in a negative way either because of it
I think we need to bring the entire country together (virtually all Countries) & end being Racially Divided because we all deserve to be treated equally.

Reactions: dogboy, Tigressmoon22 and ShyBoo81
OscarS said:
I think we need to bring the entire country together (virtually all Countries) & end being Racially Divided because we all deserve to be treated equally.
Indeed. And how does one accomplish that?

Peter P.P.

PeterPPeevy said:
Indeed. And how does one accomplish that?

Peter P.P.
Education to the rescue

Anemone said:
Freaking school boards have way over reached enough already. Recreational diaper use is Hardly a topic I want to teach our children. Especially after working hard so potty train my child If they came home and refused to use the potty because someone teacher wants to feel better about their own fetish!... I know we have many younger members and we also have many non 24/7 members. Do people not realize how much it cost a year to abandon a toilet. Who is paying for all of those diapers? The government?? I spent $300 this month. Even at half that could you imagine paying for your kids to be diapered 24/7 for the first 18 years of their life! People cant afford to eat as is now. Look how many families are using the dollar brand single sheet toilet paper because they cant afford the good stuff.

This is all completely beside the fact that I FIRMLY BELIEVE parents should be the ones allowed to choose what their kids learn and their own moral beliefs.

Reactions: Tigressmoon22
egor said:
As I understand it, based on Bitter Grays research and some other literature searches I have done in is not an "Ethnic/Color" thing, but it is more of a cultural thing. European, North American and similar influence use diapers for infant needs. Other cultures use "different" products and are not "diaper" based.

Also as one digs into Infantilism "triggers" Some countries have a higher level of Paraphilic Infantilism. One example is England had/Still do (?) place ANY child under the age of 5 into diapers upon admitting into Hospital.

So cutting this short it's not necessarily a "race" thing, but a cultural influence thing.
So do they still diaper children in the hospital in the UK

PeterPPeevy said:
I have no doubt that parenting played a major role in the development of my (non-AB/DL) fetishes.

My mom and dad taught me that sex was only for married couples, which in 1960s parent-speak meant heterosexual couples. good people, they told me, never had sex outside of marriage. As a result, my strong sexual response to any girl who was willing to date me frightened the bejeebers out of me and usually resulted in a premature ejaculation in my pants and a premature end to the date, if I didn’t bolt for safety before that.

So, instead of having sex with girls, I took full advantage of what I‘d taught myself, through experimentation, about the sexual pleasures of peeing and pooping in my pants and using the resulting mess as a great lube for masturbation.

There were other factors:

— After my one and only poop accident, at age four or five, my mother cleaned me up without fuss and presumably sent me back outside to play. But before she noticed that I didn’t smell so good, I remember enjoying what it felt like to sit down on a biggish load of poop in my underpants

— At about age five or six, I remember feeling like a big who had been accdpted into a “club” when two older boys coerced me, in a friendly manner, to pee into an old bottle they provided.

— The first threat of violence on my person, when I was five or six years old, came from a classmate who followed me home after school, threatening to beat me up the whole way to my house, then pooping a big turd in his pans and then shaking it down his pant leg onto our lawn. To this day, anxiety makes me need to poop, and I always want to do it in my pants, which I do, and shake it down my pant legs, which I often do.

-- Then there was my paternal grandmother, who told me how ladies used to wear so many layers of clothing that they couldn’t sit on a toilet so they just stood, spread their legs, and peed. I understood that to mean that they peed in their panties. I failed to appreciate the fact that in “olden days,” women did not wear panties as such, so, as soon as possible, I tried a little experiment and found that I too could spread my legs and pee in my pants, and that it felt really good!

by the time I was 14, I was regularly “having sex” in my own underwear (and continuing to ejaculate in my underwear on dates).

Peter P.P.
I grew up around the same time frame as you did and remember discovering that boys and girls were different and missing a peepee one day at a babysitters house. I was 3 or 4 and there was a boy my age with 2 sisters around 2 1/2. When I first got there their mom was in the girls room and changing them out of clothes diapers and plastic pants while I watched. Then they were were dressed in regular girls panties and shorts. After lunch all us kids were playing in the backyard when I asked the boy about his sister's lack of a peepee and he said that girls don't have them. He called them over to us and we all were looking in each other's shorts and undies when their mom came out and saw what we were doing. She told us that we should not be doing that and I suddenly got scared of her telling my mom what happened and knew that I would be punished. When mom picked me up I told her that I never wanted to go back there again. For many years I was not interested in the opposite sex. I only masturbated starting at age 14 and didn't have my first heterosexual experience until I was 22. But due to the morality of the time and the AIDS outbreak I got married to a woman when I was 28. That entire time from age 12 and on I would buy and wear diapers and sometimes plastic pants over them. Eventually I had a storage room rented that was full of all my DL stuff. I did get married for the second time in 1991 and was able to hide my fetish from her until 2015. I traveled on business almost every week and would stop by my storage place and get thickly diapered and pack more diapers in my suitcase and head to the airport. One time I got pulled aside at the TSA line where I had to show them why my pants were bulging out so much. Boy were so embarrassed. I had the same thing happen at a Sears store where I was suspected of shoplifting. I had to lower my jeans to show the security staff that I was just wearing very thick diapers under them.

Back