Apprehensive about sitting down!

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So I put on a prefold and a folded terry hand towel for a liner, to make cleanup for fecal incontinence easier, and headed out to get a few things done. So I hooked the trailer up to the Jetta and I was off for the afternoon. At my first stop I got out of the car and made it about 50 feet and I let loose in my diaper, but I still had a couple of errands to complete. All the time I was getting my chainsaw fixed I’m standing there in a loaded diaper, but thankfully the odor was contained by my plastic pants, and then I began to dread having to get back into the car, sitting in it, and trying to do it without spreading the mess so badly that it leaks beyond my containment. Well after a couple more stops I was on my way back home and it didn’t feel as bad as it had. When I got home I was pleasantly surprised as the fold that I had used with the prefold had created a barrier around my legs which prevented the mess from exiting my diaper. This is the kind of experience that I need to focus on rather than the failures I’ve sometimes had trying to keep things restrained and contained. Every now and then things work out better than I anticipated and I need to be thankful for the little successes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Happy2BeInNappies2, mikem0269 and 3 others
Zeke said:
So I put on a prefold and a folded terry hand towel for a liner, to make cleanup for fecal incontinence easier, and headed out to get a few things done. So I hooked the trailer up to the Jetta and I was off for the afternoon. At my first stop I got out of the car and made it about 50 feet and I let loose in my diaper, but I still had a couple of errands to complete. All the time I was getting my chainsaw fixed I’m standing there in a loaded diaper, but thankfully the odor was contained by my plastic pants, and then I began to dread having to get back into the car, sitting in it, and trying to do it without spreading the mess so badly that it leaks beyond my containment. Well after a couple more stops I was on my way back home and it didn’t feel as bad as it had. When I got home I was pleasantly surprised as the fold that I had used with the prefold had created a barrier around my legs which prevented the mess from exiting my diaper. This is the kind of experience that I need to focus on rather than the failures I’ve sometimes had trying to keep things restrained and contained. Every now and then things work out better than I anticipated and I need to be thankful for the little successes.
Good for you! What type/brand of plastic pants do you use? I'm still trying to find one that contains odor - so far the ones I use minimize it, but don't necessarily contain it.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Zeke
Getting to sit down after having a BM accident isn't the first thing I do. But sometimes when you're shopping a store and have a BM, at least for me it was to leave the store and find my car. This happened when I was shopping at our farm market with my partner. I had an immediate and strong urge. Within a minute I had a massive load in my diaper. My girlfriend knew that something was wrong. She saw my face and knew right away. I was shocked and surprised. She grabbed my hand and helped walking me to our car. She told me to sit next to me so she could drive. I didn't want to sit down but it's the only way to get home. Unfortunately the mess was big and semi-soft. As soon as I sat, it spread up around my crotch. It was terrible.
Surprisingly my diaper contained the load though it spread up and back. I was so embarrassed. She drove home and told me not to worry. "It was an accident" (love her). I ended up cleaning myself (with my bidet) and a good shower.

Was I apprehensive sitting down on a large load in my diaper? Of course. Most of my accidents happen while sleeping or in the morning (many when laying in bed). So it's only when I have a surprise BM during the day. But when they happen, of course they aren't my favorite thing. I do wear a quality disposable (Abena plastic-backed) diaper and often with plastic pants. Sometimes when I'm unable to change I add a really good booster (NS Eternadry contour booster [2xl 27" x 10.5"] doubler). My advise is to always use a good disposable diaper (or if you prefer cloth) along with plastic pants and internal deodorants. And if you can, don't sit down on a messy diaper.

Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke and Happy2BeInNappies2
RedStripeLvr said:
Good for you! What type/brand of plastic pants do you use? I'm still trying to find one that contains odor - so far the ones I use minimize it, but don't necessarily contain it.
I was wearing Gary 4 mil enclosed elastic pants that I get from Protex Medical. Over them I wear elastic biker style compression shorts that keep any excess air out of my plastic pants so that nasty smelling air doesn’t get vented when I bend or sit. There have been a few threads regarding which contains fecal odors better, cloth or disposables. It’s been my experience that I can go for quite a long time without catching a whiff of my messy cloth diaper where it becomes quite apparent very soon after the deed in a disposable even with plastic pants over them. I’m not sure why this is, but I assume that the odor is absorbed into the cloth in some way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2
Back