Not open for further replies.

Dylan292

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
I have Asperger's in him then and yes I'm incontinent it's just hard for me to make other friends sometimes you know I really have no new friends it's just hard to know and I remember say I don't really have that much abdl friends I do have some online but they're not on and off they talk to me but it's still difficult to me could you have friends or did you know and something else I have been hurt before I mean I have friends I will talk to me for couple months and then you just stopped talking I mean sometimes everyone is different but you know it's kind of hard to make abdl friends

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Yep. I have autism, was diagnosed at age 52...one year ago. I was made to believe I had Asperger Syndrome but some doc had apparently not read his DSM-V lately, as the title of Asperger Syndrome no longer exists (since 2013), its symptoms having been incorporated into the greater spectrum of Autism's umbrella. I carried that AS around until a couple weeks back: I found out a few months back that Dr. Asperger had been outed as a Nazi collaborator before/during WW2 and it was shown he sent two of his patients, both girls, knowingly to their deaths via the Am Spiegelgrund hospital system and their Aktion T4 euthanization program for the disabled and psychiatric. It was a big relief knowing Asperger Syndrome basically no longer officially exists.

BobbiSueEllen said:
Yep. I have autism, was diagnosed at age 52...one year ago. I was made to believe I had Asperger Syndrome but some doc had apparently not read his DSM-V lately, as the title of Asperger Syndrome no longer exists (since 2013), its symptoms having been incorporated into the greater spectrum of Autism's umbrella. I carried that AS around until a couple weeks back: I found out a few months back that Dr. Asperger had been outed as a Nazi collaborator before/during WW2 and it was shown he sent two of his patients, both girls, knowingly to their deaths via the Am Spiegelgrund hospital system and their Aktion T4 euthanization program for the disabled and psychiatric. It was a big relief knowing Asperger Syndrome basically no longer officially exists.
Despite the history of the namesake , I have no qualms with the Apserger label as such. The description of those traits and behaviors are still bundled together in a package under the autism spectrum. A rose by any other name... just the moniker of Aspergers has been shyed away from. Yes, the DSM is a reference for diagnostic criteria but following it dogmatically is limiting to treatment professionals and patient. We don't fit into neat little boxes quite that way. Diagnosis are a basis for approach, treatment, and analysis...a launching pad. I understand not wanting a perceived affiliation with the namesake but other than that, how is it a relief that the Aspergers diagnostic title has been changed ?

Reactions: tiny
Because I have Jewish blood and have Dutch-Jewish relatives who were forced to endure Nazi occupation in WW2. And I hate anything Nazi. That's good enough for me, and on that note, I've said my peace on it here.

Reactions: DippyDawg and PCBaby
BobbiSueEllen said:
Because I have Jewish blood and have Dutch-Jewish relatives who were forced to endure Nazi occupation in WW2. And I hate anything Nazi. That's good enough for me, and on that note, I've said my peace on it here.
Didn't mean to push a button , just did not understand your reasoning. I now grasp that there is a cultural injury that that particular surnmae aggravates for you and you do not wish to be attached to it in any bureaucratic capacity.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I believe today or yesterday was the 75th anniversary of the relief of Auschwitz were some 200 survivors returned along with heads of state. And whilst not Jewish, we should never forget what the Nazis dis and we should never let it happen again anywhere in the world. George Santayana (a philosopher) said ""Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" and"Only the dead have seen the end of war"

34 diagnosed with AS. I appear normal enough but on a social level you can punch through my veneer like it was paper.
I don't have many of the other troubles, so I still feel AS is its own separate thing.

Reactions: Dylan292
BL75 said:
Didn't mean to push a button , just did not understand your reasoning. I now grasp that there is a cultural injury that that particular surnmae aggravates for you and you do not wish to be attached to it in any bureaucratic capacity.
Thanks, BL, it feels good knowing that people are willing to try and understand. I greatly appreciate it. :cool:

Reactions: BL75
Dylan292 said:
I have Asperger's in him then and yes I'm incontinent it's just hard for me to make other friends sometimes you know I really have no new friends it's just hard to know and I remember say I don't really have that much abdl friends I do have some online but they're not on and off they talk to me but it's still difficult to me could you have friends or did you know and something else I have been hurt before I mean I have friends I will talk to me for couple months and then you just stopped talking I mean sometimes everyone is different but you know it's kind of hard to make abdl friends
Good Evening!
I too have Autism, Asperger's Syndrome Version.
Like you I am incontinent.
Of course I also have Cerebral Palsy, a physical disability from birth.
In the Adult Baby conversation thread section I have an ongoing conversation of "Littles with Asperger's/Autism".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back