Anyone no oil vegans in here?

landingxray

Est. Contributor
So I just saw this and if you supposedly eat a no oil diet which includes no meats or no oil like olive oil or coconut oil...then you will reverse you heart disease and be heart attack proof. Do any of you follow this?

No, I prefer to eat more than air for my meals.

My cholesterol is 288 and I’m 31 so I’ve tried no meats, very limited Dairy for this month and will see where it’s at on the 27th. I’ve watched “The Game Changer” on Netflix and “Forks over Knives” I believe food is our medicine. I work at a hospital in Nutrition Services and see charts of patients that are vegan vs people that eat whatever, it’s just easier to eat bad vs clean and good

Reactions: justanotherDL
I try to listen to my body and give it what it wants (when I don't, it tends to become quite "vocal"). FWIW, my digestive system gives olive oil a thumbs up, but coconut oil a thumbs down. 🤷‍♀️

I am on keto. I eat 70% of my calories from fat so lots of olive oild and mct oil including coconut. Im not vegan so i eat a lot of animal fat too. No carbs. At all.

I lost 75 lbs in 4 months and never feel hungry. I only eat whole foods nothing processed. My cholesterol level and triglycerides level plummetted. My prediabetic fasting blood sugar went from 120s to mid 80s.

Vegan or not....clean fats are healthy...carbs are not. Any diet telling you olive oil is bad is a sham, imo.

AIP here - moderate protein, moderate good quality fat - olive oil, animal fat, coconut oil here, tons and tons of veggies (no nightshades) - 12 cups daily most days, no grains, legumes, dairy, nuts, seeds and everything made from scratch. Hard work but helping lower the inflammation so I will continue :)

no fats is very bad/hard on the body. That is where most of your energy comes from, but needs to be high quality - vegetable oils are inflammatory. Mediterranean diet has many many studies for it and heart health - it is moderate oils - olive and avocado I believe. otherwise your energy is coming from carbs aka sugar which is inflammatory and not long lasting - would be constantly hungry, fatigue and blood glucose issues I would assume.

Sorry to say it.. But all fruits and vegtables have at least some oil in it... So it would be a limited oil diet haha.

As for diets.

I am a special case so I dont eat meatd, dairy, gluten, or anything high in protein... If you are curious why I would be willing to tell. But if not I will leave it at that

PaSS said:
I am a special case so I dont eat meat, dairy, gluten, or anything high in protein... If you are curious why I would be willing to tell. But if not I will leave it at that
Im curious. My guess would be phenylketonuria, ornithine transcarbamylase deficiency or any other metabolic disorder of amino acid metabolism.

ElPulpo said:
Im curious. My guess would be phenylketonuria, ornithine transcarbamylase deficiency or any other metabolic disorder of amino acid metabolism.
Hit it right on the dot with pku haha. To be fair a gave a fair hit with the no protein thing. But yea its pku. Dont feel sorry for me. I hate when people do that. Its just a different diet haha. Sorta like you peeps with abdl. We are just as normal as normal peeps. We just have something special about us haha.

But na. Its interesting. Most are limited to 12grams of protein a day. While a single slice pizza can contain anywhere for. 1-70g of protein. Mostly dependìng on what on it and how much is on it...

Another good example is milk... Whole milk. 1 8oz cup of milk is around 8g of protein... So my daily limit is 12.... Gives you a rough idea on how limited it can be.

If you would like further info. I am more than willing haha. Just dont wanna flood this topic with too much info. I might make a seperate thread for it in off topic maybe

Curious how you knew what you knew. Did you just google it or did you have a background in it?

Last edited:
PaSS said:
Hit it right on the dot with pku haha. To be fair a gave a fair hit with the no protein thing. But yea its pku.
Curious how you knew what you knew. Did you just google it or did you have a background in it?
Short answer: I'm interested in biochemistry and also wanted to know the details why my children's feet were pricked. Anything else goes into a private conversation unless someone else shows interest in metabolism.

ElPulpo said:
Short answer: I'm interested in biochemistry and also wanted to know the details why my children's feet were pricked. Anything else goes into a private conversation unless someone else shows interest in metabolism.
I think what I will do is create my own thread in direct response and open up to further questions. Sorry for hijacking the thread

Back