Anyone have experience with these?

Fortythr33

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I just ordered a pair, if they work I’ll order more. I like not generating tons of waste if I can. And I’ve been having rash issues so I’m thinking these might help.

Reactions: Edgewater
I have not and they wouldn’t work for me. I wet about 15 to 20 times a day. Those and All-In-Ones are best for light incontinence. I understand your concern about waste though. Today I am working from home and wearing my cloth prefolds with a cloth booster and plastic pants. I also usually wear that setup at night if I’m at home. The biggest problem I have with cloth is the clean up from a messy diaper. It’s just more difficult.

Reactions: chuck, Diprs2 and Edgewater
Eclectic said:
I have not and they wouldn’t work for me. I wet about 15 to 20 times a day. Those and All-In-Ones are best for light incontinence. I understand your concern about waste though. Today I am working from home and wearing my cloth prefolds with a cloth booster and plastic pants. I also usually wear that setup at night if I’m at home. The biggest problem I have with cloth is the clean up from a messy diaper. It’s just more difficult.
I wear pocket cloth nappies day time at home and terry towel at night when home , yes poop is the worst thing
But it does save about 10/15 disposables nappies a week end

Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke and Edgewater
You will find that depending on the volume and time you are faced with between changes you could be faced with leaks when you are out and about!

I am not going to comment on waste issues as where we are today is because of the push to move away from tree based products years ago. And the push today will turn into tomorrow's nightmare.

You will be washing your new products and using several during the day and likely several for the night, which will requiring washing and drying, which is becoming more expensive every several months. And, you would likely be wise to consider plastic pants when you are out and about!

Diaper rash is an issue of either wearing too long, not using a barrier cream or both, not the the disposable you are wearing.

Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke and Fortythr33
no

Thanks for all the replies, I’ve been meaning to post but I’ve had a lot going on.

I got a pair of the item I posted and even with my plastic pants they just don’t hold up to my nighttime wetting. They’re really comfortable though!

I’m thinking cloth diapers might be a good choice but I don’t even know where to start.

Any of y’all know a good place to get those. There seems to a few different styles, some that use inserts(I don’t like that). But I don’t know if you have to only use inserts.

I need some advice, any would be welcome. Thanks so much💜

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Their's no way I could use these. I like the idea and they would be great if I was just a dribbler. As for cloth diapers...they look like they're comfortable and good protection. But I'm just too lazy. I suppose I could use cloth for sleeping. I'd have to use a disposable pad because of BM accidents.

Adult Cloth Diaper Company
Babykins
Rearz

Each of these has good prefolds. The first has a wide range of thicknesses and materials. Kins diapers are flannel. Rearz sells a cotton twill prefold that used to be sold by Changing Times. They will shrink upon washing. I wear a medium and have a 32” waist. You can use pins, snappis or another fastener to keep them up. I also wear two booster layers from Adult Cloth Diaper in my night diaper that gives me more absorption.

Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke and Edgewater
Protex Medical www.myprotex.com is a great source for cloth diapers and plastic pants as well. They offer 20% off on your first purchase, which is really great for a bulk order when getting started.

Reactions: Edgewater and Zeke
Eclectic said:
Adult Cloth Diaper Company
Babykins
Rearz

Each of these has good prefolds. The first has a wide range of thicknesses and materials. Kins diapers are flannel. Rearz sells a cotton twill prefold that used to be sold by Changing Times. They will shrink upon washing. I wear a medium and have a 32” waist. You can use pins, snappis or another fastener to keep them up. I also wear two booster layers from Adult Cloth Diaper in my night diaper that gives me more absorption.
I am currently wearing an Inspire/Incontrovertible diaper with Northshore booster at night, covered with a Rearz prefold and then Northshore diaper cover. This arrangement has been good for a while with only a few minor leaks.
Unfortunately, the last 2 nights I have ended up with quite a large wet spot on the sheets. It might be because I am now truly sleeping and peeing while mostly on my stomach. The disposable and the cloth are pretty soaked in the morning. I'm scratching my head and thinking I should maybe try just cloth and see how things turn out. I always use a good barrier creme and was wondering if that would clean out of the diapers easy enough in the wash?

I haven't tried these
only for very light incontinence
reading reviews it seems they don't last very long
But experiences varry

Diprs2 said:
I am currently wearing an Inspire/Incontrovertible diaper with Northshore booster at night, covered with a Rearz prefold and then Northshore diaper cover. This arrangement has been good for a while with only a few minor leaks.
Unfortunately, the last 2 nights I have ended up with quite a large wet spot on the sheets. It might be because I am now truly sleeping and peeing while mostly on my stomach. The disposable and the cloth are pretty soaked in the morning. I'm scratching my head and thinking I should maybe try just cloth and see how things turn out. I always use a good barrier creme and was wondering if that would clean out of the diapers easy enough in the wash?

You will need to regularly deep clean your diapers. See the washing instructions for your diapers.

Reactions: Diprs2
Diprs2 said:
I always use a good barrier creme and was wondering if that would clean out of the diapers easy enough in the wash?
It should. I use Desitin Maximum strength and it washes out of mine.

Fortythr33 said:
I just ordered a pair, if they work I’ll order more. I like not generating tons of waste if I can. And I’ve been having rash issues so I’m thinking these might help.

Thank you for the suggestion. Checked them out and ordered a couple of pairs, different absorbancy. Let's see how they work!

Back