Anyone have bother with Tykeables Camelot tapes?

PaddedShooterBooty27

Everything is better with a padded bum!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
  4. Other
Does anyone have any issues with tykeables camelot hooks seperating from the tapes? I have overnights and they legit never do this but every time i wear a camelot i have a tape thats missing its hooks which are left on the strip and is flapping about. Its not nice as you no longer get that hugging feeling of a nicely taped nappy. Its like the batch i got had weak glue on them or something.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I have. I bought a pack of Overnights diapers in the past year and discovered that, overnight, most of my diapers would lose their snugness ("snuggy-snug"); after trying to retape my diaper, it was evident the hook pads on the tapes were either partially or fully detached and white duct tape was used to span between tapes across the front of my diaper to keep it snug.

As a test, I later put an InControl Elite diaper (a hybrid, like Tykables' Overnights) and stuffer on my bottom, extra-snug, and slept overnight; the diaper's tapes held solidly. Not sure what InControl uses to adhere the hook part onto their diaper tapes but it works perfectly. Hopefully, Tykables' diaper manufacturer would consider the issue if it was presented to them. 🤔

I had (1) tape do this and I think it was my fault, I was re-positioning the bottom tape and it was angled up with the most pressure in the tapes upper corner, I went to re-adjust a second time and the little grabby hooks peeled right off the tape itself, I know to be more careful and never had any problems since.

• Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
This has happened to me on several occasions with several different types of velcro closures.
Simple solution folks. Just staple the little velcro tab back on the tape.

PaddedShooterBooty27 said:
Does anyone have any issues with tykeables camelot hooks seperating from the tapes? I have overnights and they legit never do this but every time i wear a camelot i have a tape thats missing its hooks which are left on the strip and is flapping about. Its not nice as you no longer get that hugging feeling of a nicely taped nappy. Its like the batch i got had weak glue on them or something.
Sorry to hear you had an issue. Our hook and loop, that we call Active Littles Grips, is used on all of our products. Sometimes what happens is near the ends of rolls they can have issues. It is limited when it happens and not exclusive to any print or product, or brand for that matter; all brands will run into the same or simalar issues. If you have these issues please let us know so we can keep track of them and address things with the factory.

BobbiSueEllen said:
I have. I bought a pack of Overnights diapers in the past year and discovered that, overnight, most of my diapers would lose their snugness ("snuggy-snug"); after trying to retape my diaper, it was evident the hook pads on the tapes were either partially or fully detached and white duct tape was used to span between tapes across the front of my diaper to keep it snug.

As a test, I later put an InControl Elite diaper (a hybrid, like Tykables' Overnights) and stuffer on my bottom, extra-snug, and slept overnight; the diaper's tapes held solidly. Not sure what InControl uses to adhere the hook part onto their diaper tapes but it works perfectly. Hopefully, Tykables' diaper manufacturer would consider the issue if it was presented to them. 🤔
This can happen but we have also made some improvements to our Active Littles Grips over the past year in the way they are produced. Mind you this is just working with the manufacture to find solutions, I am not trying to say we reinvented the wheel or anything. lol As we make improvements we roll them out to all new productions so again as we move forward all prints receive the same improvements and we use the best option we have with everything we do.

• Love
Reactions: PaddedShooterBooty27, TigerDL and BobbiSueEllen
todaler said:
Sorry to hear you had an issue. Our hook and loop, that we call Active Littles Grips, is used on all of our products. Sometimes what happens is near the ends of rolls they can have issues. It is limited when it happens and not exclusive to any print or product, or brand for that matter; all brands will run into the same or simalar issues. If you have these issues please let us know so we can keep track of them and address things with the factory.

This can happen but we have also made some improvements to our Active Littles Grips over the past year in the way they are produced. Mind you this is just working with the manufacture to find solutions, I am not trying to say we reinvented the wheel or anything. lol As we make improvements we roll them out to all new productions so again as we move forward all prints receive the same improvements and we use the best option we have with everything we do.

Still isnt going to change my mind on these being one of my fave brands. Atleast now we know. Thanks!

never have issues with Tykables velcro tapes. I love them. Just gotta give em a little tug, and they stay put. I don't like to buy regular tape diapers anymore. I always screw around with tapes, and I can do that to my hearts content with tykables.

Reactions: PaddedShooterBooty27
dethpuck said:
never have issues with Tykables velcro tapes. I love them. Just gotta give em a little tug, and they stay put. I don't like to buy regular tape diapers anymore. I always screw around with tapes, and I can do that to my hearts content with tykables.

Yea, i never had issues before either. I love the hook and loop as I do like to re-adjust to get it fitting snugly. I do still love sticky taped nappies as there are still many out there that can withstand re-taping. I wished more AB nappies would adopt the dual tape tabs that some medical nappies have.

Back