Anyone else have problems with tights/stockings?

TungstenWrist

Longing for something so far out of reach.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
I don't think I've posted in this section before. Hello! :ROFLMAO:
Anyway, I've noticed some of y'all talking fashion and particularly tights, and I figured I'd ask about something that's been bothering me for a while.

Does anyone else have problems with tights and stockings ripping in seemingly no time at all? I feel like I can't even get 2 uses out of them before I start noticing some apparent damage. I try what I can to be gentle when handling them, since I have long nails than can get in the way and scratch/tear at delicate fabrics, but it's not quite enough. Does anyone here(especially those on the larger side) who have a method of finding good tights that hold up better, or maybe just a preferred brand?

• Thinking
Reactions: Jorelaxed and Angelapinks
TungstenWrist said:
I don't think I've posted in this section before. Hello! :ROFLMAO:
Anyway, I've noticed some of y'all talking fashion and particularly tights, and I figured I'd ask about something that's been bothering me for a while.

Does anyone else have problems with tights and stockings ripping in seemingly no time at all? I feel like I can't even get 2 uses out of them before I start noticing some apparent damage. I try what I can to be gentle when handling them, since I have long nails than can get in the way and scratch/tear at delicate fabrics, but it's not quite enough. Does anyone here(especially those on the larger side) who have a method of finding good tights that hold up better, or maybe just a preferred brand?
I have never had a problem with ripping but have snagged a pair on a rough table once. It was my favourite pair and I was really upset because they were hard to find but not ever generally wearing and tearing them. In my late teens I would snag panty hose on my rough toe nails sometimes if I did not keep them trimmed and painted.

They are fairly fragile things, or rather they show up damage very clearly.

If they are particularly flimsy or don't fit I would expect them to be more injury prone but they should certainly last more than a couple of wearings.

Reactions: Angelapinks
be more careful *giggle*

Nononsense tights are tough, very resistant.
I have a couple of pairs over one year old.
That's using them everyday.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks, TungstenWrist, PaigeCherubiel and 1 other person
I don’t usually have a problem. My advice would be to buy good quality tights or stockings, and then you should be fine.

I buy my regular ones from Marks and Spencer. They’re always very good.

Reactions: ianwee, daisycupcake, Angelapinks and 2 others
It depends how thick they are. Fleece lined or winter weight cotton are much more durable than transparent tights...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorelaxed and TungstenWrist
My white tights are thinner, but I make sure not to snag them when putting them on.

dang, I'm starting to think I got just bad tights. I didn't get them myself and wasn't paying attention to where they came from so they could've been cheap. I'll keep this in mind for later.

Reactions: Angelapinks and Jorelaxed
There are alot of brands out there that snag real easily, justmysize, nononsense are premium brands i recommend.

Reactions: TungstenWrist
Back