Anybody decided on Next Gen consoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only played PC games, but my fiancée is into consoles. I plan to get her a PS5 since we skipped PS4. I really like that xbox is backwards compatible for all generations and has better specs, but we don’t have any games for those, so no point in switching systems now.

Thinking about going with the XsX for Minecraft.

I may get a PS5 eventually, but I don't want a launch model. I just don't want to miss out on FFVII Remake part two. And I have no reason to buy the next MS console.

I Choose a Tower PC,
strongest hardware, can play anything for years to come.

GermanDL said:
I Choose a Tower PC,
strongest hardware, can play anything for years to come.

Yep, I also have a PC. I haven't really upgraded it since I got it in 2015, other than some extra storage, but it can still run anything I need it to run.

Reactions: GermanDL
Yep same goes with my old boy,
bought 2016, and still able to play Doom Eternal 2020
on highest graphics with zero lags

Show me one console that plays a AAA game that comes 4 years later without any problems

Oh I never doubted PC is the better choice long term and has the better "Higher End" limits due to consoles always aiming to hit a certain price point

But these consoles coming up are actually going to be very powerful for the money

10.5TFlops on PS5, 16GB of RAM, 3.5K clock speed, scalable haptic feedback on the controllers

XsX is slightly stronger at 12 TFlops, with a different spec to their 16GB of RAM (10GB faster RAM and 6GB of Slower RAM) and 3.8K clock speed

There have already been videos showing that these new consoles would compete quite well with PC Builds in the $2000 Range

I will most likely not buy a console anymore (at least that is the plan), most time I play games is on PC and seeing that games which were Console only titles are available on Steam now pretty much reinforces that decision.

Got my first Console when I was five, played primarily on Consoles until I finished school, but when I got my first good PC....well I got stuck more on that, having the opportunity to speak via Voicechat (Teamspeak 2, yay) and playing together with more than one more person was something the Consoles at this time could not compete with.

Also the majority of games I played past years just feel better with Moue and Keyboard rather than a Game Pad.

Last edited:
SabuInu said:
I will most likely not buy a console anymore (at least that is the plan), most time I play games is on PC and seeing that games which were Console only titles are available on Steam now pretty much reinforces that decision.

Got my first Console when I was five, played primarily on Consoles until I finished school, but when I got my first good PC....well I got stuck more on that, having the opportunity to speak via Voicechat (Teamspeak 2, yay) and playing together with more than one more person was something the Consoles at this time could not compete with.

Also the majority of games I played past years just feel better with Moue and Keyboard rather than a Game Pad.

Games going to PC is only true part of the time though

Some of the games that do go to PC even have a very lengthy time of being console exclusives, like Horizon Zero Dawn was a PS4 Exclusive for 3 years

You still have some games on PS that dont land on PC, besides PS Now which I heard is usable on a PC

But even then, it will be a while before doing that is as reliable as just plopping in a disk to your Console of choice, and playing it

I remember I had PS Now once, a large portion of the time i couldn't play at all because the servers would get so Laggy that I just couldn't play anything

For me the dream lineup would be Gaming Desktop, PS5, and Switch (to be updated when they make a more powerful one)

There is basically no point in buying an Xbox anymore since they all go to PC anyways, but that is not the case with many PS Exclusive Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back