Any X-Plane or other flight sim pilots?

bluesman

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Since the first time I piloted a single engine airplane and eventually got my private pilots license, I have always looked for a decent flight simulator. I found X-Plane several years ago, at the time version 9 was latest and greatest, now its version 11.30. I really enjoy "flying" in X-Plane, the attention to detail is top notch. Pilots can even use a different (more expensive) version of the game to log simulation hours for their pilots license. I never have went that far, but I did invest in the KB Sim Gladiator MK 2 joystick which has made the game more enjoyable.

So is anyone out there a X-Plane or other flight sim pilot? If you fly another sim, what is it? Do you like it?

Last edited:
I used to LOVE flight simulators. However, the've all become exceptionally arcade like since around 2000 or so. The flight sims I played throughout the 90's concentrated so hard on realism or historical accuracy but the graphics let them down. As the hardware got better the sims became less "sim" and more Ace Combat. As of right now, I believe the best ones available are your X-Plane and probably Falcon.

I used to have Microsoft Flight but that is dead now. Does Kerbal Space Program count?

PaddedDeist said:
I used to have Microsoft Flight but that is dead now. Does Kerbal Space Program count?
It does if you have the ferram aerospace mod installed.

I may have to check that mod out.

Llayden said:
I used to LOVE flight simulators. However, the've all become exceptionally arcade like since around 2000 or so. The flight sims I played throughout the 90's concentrated so hard on realism or historical accuracy but the graphics let them down. As the hardware got better the sims became less "sim" and more Ace Combat. As of right now, I believe the best ones available are your X-Plane and probably Falcon.

If you are looking for something very realistic with great graphics, a steep learning curve, and need for a performance PC, try out, DIGITAL COMBAT SIMULATIONS, DCS. They model several different aircraft, however each aircraft takes them one to 2 years to put online. You can download it for free, which has one or 2 AC. Then if you want to add an an AC, depending on the version, it might be 40-60 dollars for the add on. If you are a serious simmer and want to put in the time it is a great sim.

One of the my favorite old flight Sims was F/A 18 Interceptor on the Amiga. It certainly is not as complex as the hardcore sims, but it was challenging.

I also had an Apache Simulator (Gunship) for the Amiga but it was killed by a boot-block virus--often the copy protection of Amiga software partly lay in the floppies' boot block.

A third one I had was AV-8B Harrier Assault. I actually had to get an adapter so I could connect a Windows computer analog joystick to the old Amiga. I remember that it was tough to fly but it was also pretty fun. That was the most hardcore/realistic sim I've played on my old favorite platform.

Slomo said:
It does if you have the ferram aerospace mod installed.
I had the sopwith camel from FS /on Wine on /Debian 5 years ago but the puter got jacked. Then later I found my FS disk. I dunno if it's true you can simply plug in the FS planes to XPlane but I also found disk 1 of that as well. Make a fusion of them perhaps? FS was and still the only Microsoft product that I like by the way.

Back