Any trick to help have your BMs early on the morning ?

After 1 week, I confirm that changing my habits has a dramatic effect on my digestion - and also, I feel in shape like never before.

So, my own rules :
- No more cofee nor alcoohol.
- Forget about hamburgers, pasta, pizza & co. Vegetables are your friends (and they taste not so bad !)
- Breakfast everyday, with some sane food (bacon and scrambled eggs are NOT sane)
- Eating at regular times seems also to be important
- Going to sleep before midnight, but at least 1H after dinner

The results :
- Ok, talking about poop, one in the early morning and that's all folks
- I used to wake up at 7 O'Clock. Now it's 6 O'Clock, and by 6:15 I begin to actually do some stuff
- The time I spended drinking coffees or glasses in chain, I now spend it doing useful things

@slimjiminy : I confirm, I have made a little break with mexican food. I don't say it is not allowed, but there are consequences indeed. It is a matter of planning, and I also confirm : with a good diet, the smell is way lower.

I don't know what to say but "Thank you for your advices". Now I am a lot more aware and careful about my body.

Hughs !

Reactions: GatoChihuahua
Hi, this is my first post so please don't shun, boo, or make fun of me. I trained myself to go in the mornings by using a mild laxative at night. It took about two weeks but now I wake up and soil my diaper first thing in the morning.

I'm not IC but I do have IBS. I take 600mg magnesium every night for 2 reasons

1: it helps me sleep
2: it ensures I'll get it all out of my system first thing in the morning.

• Wow
Reactions: sport1
A daily Satsuma or similar fruit really seems to keep me regular as clockwork..

Coffee and about an hour later totally loaded. My wife or our maid/personal assistant will change me when I feel completely done.

Reactions: Rezzu and sport1
subietodd said:
I start my day with coffee, seems it almost guarantees a BM after just a couple of sips
AJFan2020 said:
I find I usually need to “go” within five to ten minutes of eating even if it’s just half of a chocolate bar or some Pepperidge Farm cookies. This is usually true for me any time after about 5 AM.

subietodd said:
I start my day with coffee, seems it almost guarantees a BM after just a couple of sips
I've been drinking coffee every day since the mid 70s with sugar and creamer and it has never failed to get my bowels going within 10 to 15 minutes after taking a few sips from my cup. By the time I've drank half a cup of coffee I'm heading to the bathroom. Coffee is a safe and natural way to keep from bringing your own gas to the office. It's slightly habit forming but it tastes great.

Bryan said:
Hi, this is my first post so please don't shun, boo, or make fun of me. I trained myself to go in the mornings by using a mild laxative at night. It took about two weeks but now I wake up and soil my diaper first thing in the morning.
Welcome! <hugs> Laxatives shouldn't be taken daily, unless your doctor recommends as a last resort. Consider fiber pills, oatmeal, bananas and other sources of fiber as a safer alternative.

Last edited:
Reactions: sport1
puravidadip said:
Welcome! <hugs> Laxatives shouldn't be taken daily, unless your doctor recommends as a last resort. Consider fiber pills, oatmeal, bananas and other sources of fiber as a safer alternative.
<350mg magnésium daily is safe and can still have the desired effect (albeit mild)

Source

Reactions: puravidadip
puravidadip said:
I have a combination of ibs with d&c yes watch the laxatives.

Back