Any Diapered Musicians

Goodnites607975

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Any one here who loves music? I do. I play the piano and the violin. lol

Reactions: gobphus, oldskool, PlastiBrain and 1 other person
was a professional touring rock keyboardist for 8 years.

Reactions: gobphus, oldskool, LiddleBigBoy and 5 others
I am a potential musician!!! I have been wanting to learn the accordion my whole life and when I can get a job again im totally gonna buy a starter one!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: gobphus and oldskool
Absolutely hated music class back in elementary, especially when they made us learn the recorder. The ranks were the same as karate belts, so I think I only made it to like yellow/orange belt before giving up? I liked MUSIC, but not playing an instrument I didn't like and music I didn't like either, which is why I never did orchestra/band/etc.

Despite that, now I am a music theory buff and teach friends/family music stuff whether it be simple theory/playing techniques to how to use a DAW. That is when I'm not fooling around making silly musical jokes, recreating popular songs for fun, or composing microtonal tunes.

I guess in summary-
Just because you don't like something in school doesn't mean you don't like it at all, it can just mean that they're teaching it in a way that doesn't work for you.

Reactions: gobphus, oldskool and eddy200
I’m a violinist! Classically trained, but would love to take an opportunity to join a folk group someday to play more fiddle. 🙃

• Love
Reactions: gobphus, oldskool, foxkits and 4 others
randy1959 said:
was a professional touring rock keyboardist for 8 years.
What decade were you touring in?

MailCat581 said:
Since your name rhymes with Johnny; you could substitute your name in Charlie Daniels' "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" song. Think about that one. ;)

I did play that song in high school, with a band and all! Was so fun!

I play the cello

Reactions: Weeplo43, gobphus, oldskool and 1 other person
I love playing the guitaur, i have been playing alto sax for 4 years and baritone sax for 1 i own a piano but its busted

I play the recorder, flute, Penney Wissel. I like playing in the broch style. Bock, Vivaldi in the style of Adams.
Celtic Irish folk songs.

Reactions: oldskool and Littlerobbydubbs
Twee said:
What decade were you touring in?
Most my touring was in last decade.. i stopped in 2017

Reactions: oldskool and Jbo
I played keyboards in garage bands in high school and college. Except back then it was organ, Leslie and electric piano. Technology was in its infancy.

I’m a classically trained pianist and organist on an advanced level, music being my huge passion since I was a toddler I guess, bc I grew up with my grandma and she played a lot of classical music when I grew up at her place.

I still remember to this day that very evening when it struck me like a train at an organ recital at a church which I attended with my mum and her then fiancé. I was probably 5 or 6 and heard the mighty church organ and it’s majestic spectrum of sounds gave me something akin to a huge revelation and I was hooked.

So a couple of years later, I started with the piano and my big dream of learning the organ finally came when I was 12. Nowadays I have a student in that age and I also play at concerts and accompanying soloists and my choir. Which I really love. 💕

A couple of years ago, I was the founder of a Swedish traditional music ensemble, in which I play the modern 3 row Nyckelharpa, Silverbasharpa and sometimes the fiddle as well.
In these troubled times, I feel blessed that I have the privilege of being a musician and having this art to lean upon, when I’m feeling distressed or just bored - I quite have the feeling that I’m not alone in this opinion. 😀

• Love
Reactions: gobphus, oldskool, KendallP and 2 others
So, never been a touring musician, but am a recording artist/producer/engineer. I do play bass/drums/keys, both for fun and also sessions, but mostly i own a recording studio so around the music business all the time, and yes the music business is great to relax you, and give your soul a bit of the good stuff it needs.

i suggest that everyone try to learn/play/enjoy music, it's the best therapist you can have 100% anonymous and fairly cheap at that!

Reactions: oldskool and antte91
Not a musician, but I just got my first Steel Tongue Drum and I'm having a blast! I can play a tune from Jurassic Park and the Song of Time from Zelda.

Reactions: oldskool and antte91
I’ve heard suggestions before that orchestral musicians may have worn diapers during long performances...

Reactions: oldskool and SalemRose
I am a songwriter and play guitar, bass and keys. Badly.

Reactions: oldskool, Napincolove, Kayleigh and 1 other person
randy1959 said:
Most my touring was in last decade.. i stopped in 2017
My cousin toured in the 80’s, he said touring takes a lot out of you and you have to be conditioned to go on tours.

Reactions: oldskool
Back