Antibiotics and diarrhea

BABYTIGERCUB

ABDLIC
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I'm normally urinary incontinence not bowel incontinence very rarely do I have issues with bowel problems, I came down with a UTI my MD prescribed keflex antibiotic for the infection it caused a severe case of running diarrhea had to double up on everything including two plastic and fabric diaper covers had to take antidiarrhea meds to stop it but messing in a diaper was the worst thing when it's completely liquid it's starting to clear up with the meds and a whole lot of pedialyte don't won't dehydration and hypokalemiac shock to set in.

• Sad
Reactions: Jorelaxed and Edgewater
Sounds like a wet messy time

• Sad
Reactions: Edgewater
If you haven't already, consider restoring the good bacteria in your GI tract with yogurt and/or probiotics - be sure to check with you doctor first, though.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Edgewater and EcoIncon
If you have diarrhea you need to go back to the GP and get a stool sample you may be suffering from a secondary infection called c diffiecile. It exists normally in the body but when you take abx your body can become over run with it and it can cause diarrhea you need a secondary abx to treat

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Rusher and Edgewater
Antibiotics kill your gut biodome
biggest side affects of antibiotics is GI issues / diarrhea
keep well hydrated and keep your electrolytes up
your gut will return back to normal after the antibiotics are completely out of your system. Take some probiotics to jump start that after antibiotics 👍

• Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Rusher and Edgewater
Never enjoyed testing the blow-out capacity of my diapers! Being U-IC, the good news is you are wearing and not spraying all over the place.

Even with by-pass (overflow), one is commonly creating a line on the floor, not a room size mess.

Hope you will be feeling better very very soon!

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Edgewater said:
Never enjoyed testing the blow-out capacity of my diapers! Being U-IC, the good news is you are wearing and not spraying all over the place.

Even with by-pass (overflow), one is commonly creating a line on the floor, not a room size mess.

Hope you will be feeling better very very soon!
Sounds very scientific 😉

• Haha
It’s a very common side effect however if it’s getting worse. Contact your doctor and explain the situation. Certain antibiotics I can’t take. Hope you feel better soon

Reactions: Edgewater and Jorelaxed
Pongoandperdi15 said:
If you have diarrhea you need to go back to the GP and get a stool sample you may be suffering from a secondary infection called c diffiecile. It exists normally in the body but when you take abx your body can become over run with it and it can cause diarrhea you need a secondary abx to treat
C. Diff colitis was always something I'd wind up with after taking erythromycin (which I'd be prescribed because I'm allergic to penicillin) - so, for decades I've flat refused erythromycin, but with an explanation why.

BABYTIGERCUB said:
I'm normally urinary incontinence not bowel incontinence very rarely do I have issues with bowel problems, I came down with a UTI my MD prescribed keflex antibiotic for the infection it caused a severe case of running diarrhea had to double up on everything including two plastic and fabric diaper covers had to take antidiarrhea meds to stop it but messing in a diaper was the worst thing when it's completely liquid it's starting to clear up with the meds and a whole lot of pedialyte don't won't dehydration and hypokalemiac shock to set in.
Just Got the Prevnar 20
BABYTIGERCUB said:
Just Got the Prevnar 20 vaccine for bacterial phenomenon and got a bad case of diarrhea spent all of Thursday at home in the Toilet it has now cleared up and a rash all over took benadryl to stop the itching which is normal for the vaccine.

• Wow
Probiotics are my go to for taking any antibiotics. They work great for me.

Back