• no

• maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alecsam

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I never tried this myself but I know some people in the community during the pandemic would go out with pacifiers under their mask, and even though the pandemic is over i still see people going around in public with masks and no one really bats an eye. Now with with a recent tiktok trend i believe you can go out with a pacifier under a mask, and when someone comes up to you just pretend you're mewing, this helps if you take out a phone and pretend you are recording something for tiktok.

Just a idea of mine, kinda embarrassing to some degree but i think its a good plan to use a pacifier out in public without getting caught.

Last edited:
Reactions: denimchicken and Angelapinks
I think the pacifier under a mask thing worked in 2020 when a lot of people were wearing masks outdoors.

Now the few people who are still wearing masks are wearing them almost exclusively indoors. Indoors, there is always a risk that someone will try to talk to you. Most people have never heard of mewing, and nobody will accept it as an excuse for why you won't talk to them.

Reactions: annie, jozik, Abdlscotland and 2 others
buridan said:
I think the pacifier under a mask thing worked in 2020 when a lot of people were wearing masks outdoors.

Now the few people who are still wearing masks are wearing them almost exclusively indoors. Indoors, there is always a risk that someone will try to talk to you. Most people have never heard of mewing, and nobody will accept it as an excuse for why you won't talk to them.
Maybe your right as i'm basing that part off a tiktok trend that probably only gen z will know about rather then a majority of a wider age range, but i do see videos like that on other platforms a lot and im not saying this from targeted algorithm as I spoken to freinds and while they didn't know the word they knew the action for it and that would be what im relying on.

Alecsam said:
Maybe your right as i'm basing that part off a tiktok trend that probably only gen z will know about rather then a majority of a wider age range, but i do see videos like that on other platforms a lot and im not saying this from targeted algorithm as I spoken to freinds and while they didn't know the word they knew the action for it and that would be what im relying on.
I suppose you could carry around a sign that says, "Sorry, I can't talk to you right now because I'm trying to reshape my jawline by pushing my tongue into the roof of my mouth, and I'm not allowed to take any breaks, ever."

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: Elmo, longallsboy, littlemoosey and 2 others
As to me, it's uncofortamble. And about others... Why you'd have to a such stupidity ?

No no and no if I get caught 99.9 precent of the people that know me would abandon me I would probably get fired form my job as well soo no

• Thinking
Reactions: longallsboy
CrazySmoker said:
As to me, it's uncofortamble. And about others... Why you'd have to a such stupidity ?
silly idea I thought of... i doubt anyone would actually do this

This might work outside where people rarely talk to one another like on the London Underground but if you are in a situation where people will be talking to you it won’t work also some masks will hide a pacifier but some won’t because the shape of the shield and handle will push against the fabric giving the game away.

What is "mewing"? I'm not sure if I dare to google it, in case I then keep seeing pictures or videos of it.

The problem with this idea is that it's right on your face, the first place many people will look to communicate with you. Yes, it's true that some people are still wearing masks; and many people will automatically avert their eyes, if they assume that you are infectious, or somebody who is afraid of catching something, and might therefore give you space. There might be a few double-takes if people realise the shape is not quite right; I doubt if many people would guess that it's a pacifier. Then there's the problem if someone speaks to you, and you need to reply. I suppose it's possible to remove both the mask and pacifier with the right sleight of hand while keeping it hidden.

Reactions: PrincessPlaypen and longallsboy
It will probably work from afar, you could walk around and passing strangers are unlikely to notice you have a pacifier under your mask. It’s less likely to work if you are interacting closely with people. I‘ve never heard of meowing and don’t see how it is going to stop the need to talk, if anything it’s going to leave people confused and more likely to want further interactions and more likely to be looking at your mask/ mouth area wondering what’s going on. Most masks wouldn’t completely hide the shape of the pacifier for someone looking very closely. Wearing a pacifier under a mask is only likely to work in a scenario you don’t need to interact with anyone, in a big city or an area you’re not local to where you won’t run into anyone you know and don’t need to talk to anyone it might be okay as a plan. I definitely wouldn’t risk doing it in a place I might see someone I knew or needed to talk and interact with people.

Alecsam said:
I never tried this myself but I know some people in the community during the pandemic would go out with pacifiers under their mask, and even though the pandemic is over i still see people going around in public with masks and no one really bats an eye.
This does still work,

It's strange I have walked about in my skirt, and no one seems to care; this was after a friend went around Cadbury's chocolate factory wearing his, and no one said anything to him, and he was using public transport.

I wore my dress to a pride event, and I did get compliments on how I looked.
I have had my nails painted with rainbow colours, and I got lots of compliments. On how pretty they were.

But I haven't gone out suckling on my pacifier without a face mask.

I feel it depends on the circumstances. I could see a few where it would (if you were travelling in a group and there was a designated talker perhaps?). But over all if you want to do it just do it! Unless you know it is going to have a negative impact on your life, then who cares. It’s not like you are going out and flaunting it or forcing others to see it…. You have covered up and don’t the right thing in that sense.

My advantage is that I’m disabled and use a speech generating device to talk most of the time, I don’t need to talk with my mouth!

Newbaby110521 said:
This might work outside where people rarely talk to one another like on the London Underground but if you are in a situation where people will be talking to you it won’t work also some masks will hide a pacifier but some won’t because the shape of the shield and handle will push against the fabric giving the game away.
Oh my gosh in London it would work a treat just on a commute. Nobody talks to anyone else when commuting. Do you remember that comedy skit of a Northerner visiting London and being detained for saying "Morning!"? I love that one, especially because it's so accurate. Just head down, don't lock eyes with anyone, and get where you're going. I reckon the situation is probably similar in NYC. Can anyone verify? What's NYC subway culture like?

Reactions: siysiy
I just use my paci anyway. If someone says something tell them to mind their business. I use mine for anixety and to prevent me from chewing the inside of my mouth. It's more of a disablity tool for me than just littlespace.

Reactions: AJFan2020, longallsboy and PaddedCub
Demonbabywearspamps said:
I just use my paci anyway. If someone says something tell them to mind their business. I use mine for anixety and to prevent me from chewing the inside of my mouth. It's more of a disablity tool for me than just littlespace.

Me too. It’s either use a paci or injure myself

Reactions: Demonbabywearspamps
I would just spit the pacifier out in the mask and talk. If they ask I just say I have chocolate in my mouth and I'm letting it melt slowly

littebabby said:
No no and no if I get caught 99.9 precent of the people that know me would abandon me I would probably get fired form my job as well soo no

Well, I don't really use a pacifier anymore. I used to until about 10 years ago. I never wore diapers and haven't since I was 4 1/2 or 5. I am not technically an adult baby; however I do have Classic Autism (level 2 Autism) and I am emotionally and socially like a 4 1/2 year old and have some childlike interests and inclinations directly because of my Autism like watching children's TV shows or liking children's overalls / long-alls or T strap shoes. Or kiddie rides at amusement parks.

That being said, you're lucky to even have a job at all. 85% of Autistic college graduates are unemployed! And that is even in the statistics of the U.S. Labor Department for 2023. And those are people with bachelor degrees. I don't have a job either. I have a degree in Geography that seems worthless. But even if I got a Ph.D. degree in Rocket Science, I'd be still unemployed in all likelihood. People are more understanding of the worst types of criminals. I wish I never went to college, a waste of my time. I'm sure some of my professors thought the same thing. The unemployment rate among Autistic people is higher than even convicted murderers or rapists. All society cares about is that you have "social skills" and know how to kiss people's rear end. If you are able to do that, even if you are a paroled criminal, you'll get a job, maybe even a good job. I can definitely conclude Autistic people are the most discriminated people / minority on the face of the planet. Who else has an unemployment rate of 85%? If child labor was legal, I'm sure employers would rather hire a real 4 year old child than someone like me.

Even if I used a pacifier in public (which I don't anymore because I no longer use one), I would have literally nothing to lose. I did use it sometimes in the car in the 2000s and 1990s. I had a friend who was a 3 year old in the mid 2000s (he's now in his early mid 20s) and his parents invited me to church several times in 2005 and 2006 and even they never had a problem with me having a pacifier in the car, and they were rather Conservative Republicans. I find liberals actually more judgmental of me than any Conservative people I ever met. Most (if not almost all) of the people who bullied me - even in college days - were liberals. Of course, maybe for people that were friends, they were more accepting of me having a pacifier because I do have Autism - and Autism isn't called a developmental disability for nothing. I've also seen older children, teens, and even chronological adults (in photos and in person) with disabilities such as Down Syndrome, who still have pacifiers. Actually in Germany, I was told by several companies that made pacifiers, it isn't unusual for even normal children 8 or 9 years old or even preteens to have pacifiers. Or maybe their parents just want them to be quiet. 🤷🤦😂 Homes tend to be close to each other in Germany and Austria, and parents don't want their children disrupting their neighbors. I even read this in a nonfiction book.

- longallsboy

Reactions: FatalGeometry
Demonbabywearspamps said:

If one had Autism like I do, or even Down Syndrome, having a pacifier is more understandable.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Reactions: CrazySmoker and Demonbabywearspamps
longallsboy said:
That being said, you're lucky to even have a job at all. 85% of Autistic college graduates are unemployed! And that is even in the statistics of the U.S. Labor Department for 2023. And those are people with bachelor degrees. I don't have a job either. I have a degree in Geography that seems worthless. But even if I got a Ph.D. degree in Rocket Science, I'd be still unemployed in all likelihood. People are more understanding of the worst types of criminals. I wish I never went to college, a waste of my time. I'm sure some of my professors thought the same thing. The unemployment rate among Autistic people is higher than even convicted murderers or rapists. All society cares about is that you have "social skills" and know how to kiss people's rear end. If you are able to do that, even if you are a paroled criminal, you'll get a job, maybe even a good job. I can definitely conclude Autistic people are the most discriminated people / minority on the face of the planet. Who else has an unemployment rate of 85%? If child labor was legal, I'm sure employers would rather hire a real 4 year old child than someone like me.
That's what I'm worried about right now. I keep telling myself that I won't become part of that statistic but I really can never know. I'm studying my Undergraduate in Chemistry at the moment, but I plan to do a Master's, PHD, and Post-Doc Studies. Hopefully that will put me in great contention for jobs as I should be vastly more qualified than others, but I have backup plans. I heard from lots of my SEN teachers that they like to hire teaching assistants who have some of the diagnoses that the kids have because kids will open up more if they feel understood, so that's my main backup in case I can't get a job in Chemistry.

But for real that statistic is horrifying. Even if the discrimination is unintentional, an unemployment rate that obscenely high is unjustifiable. We really are victims of a lot of discrimination. I just hope I can work my ass off enough to maybe end up on the better side of that figure.

• Sad
Back