Amazon is confused on what incontinence is!

SparkyDog

Full Time U-IC DL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Just logged into my amazon and on the home page it says continue shopping for incontinence supplies
with an image of an adult pacifier 🤔
I don't shop or use adult pacifiers. I double checked my search history no adult pacifiers

very odd for them to use that image Screenshot_20231123_104920_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: DiaperGirly, Freddie07601, AttilaThePun and 6 others
Google looks at your history (or perhaps another connection).

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Edgewater
You could make a case for sleep aid. I use one to keep from grinding my teeth, but it doesn't 'do' anything for me otherwise.

CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
Google looks at your history (or perhaps another connection).
except I never search for adult pacifiers
why would it link it on continue shopping for incontinence supplies
when i clicked on it it did indeed show medical incontinence supplies no pacifiers

SparkyDog said:
except I never search for adult pacifiers
You don't need to look at pacifiers. Anything you've looked at that are ABDL searches.

You don't need to look at pacifiers. Anything you've looked at that are ABDL searches.
perhaps though I haven't looked for abdl products in years ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Amazon's bots seem to be in our midst.
(Not to mention the keyboard spybots on your device)
And keeping off the publicly viewable pages doesn't make a difference. I've have loads of 🤨 moments on here and on Amazon.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, CrossfireHurricane and Edgewater
Whether is helps or not, I close out of each search by clearing that search history and that includes as part of shutdown.
I rarely get suggested search items.

It maybe possible that the sellers of the pacifiers are requesting connect to uses that are searching for incontinent supplies?

Last edited:
Reactions: AttilaThePun
SparkyDog said:
Just logged into my amazon and on the home page it says continue shopping for incontinence supplies
with an image of an adult pacifier 🤔
I don't shop or use adult pacifiers. I double checked my search history no adult pacifiers

very odd for them to use that image View attachment 123893
That is crazy Sparky Dog. Out of curiosity, I just did a search on Amazon for Incontinence supplies and that was all that came up. Nothing about pacifiers. interesting!

lols, kinda like the IC forum here sometimes 😜

Reactions: Diprs2, AttilaThePun and Sealander
A lot of inexplicable logic goes into recommendations - it could be whatever you searched for on Amazon in the past strongly (or slightly!) correlated with baby products or abdl products... Or that the abdl products paid for advertising and it's associated with incontinence supplies (diapers!)

I wouldn't be surprised if even Amazon can't explain it's recommendations sometimes - it's such a complex black box designed to increase sales that it's known to get away from them often enough!

Reactions: TeeMousy, Diprs2, AttilaThePun and 1 other person
My wife once looked for rain-pants and guess what? She got offers for latex pants and PVC diaper covers.

The algorithm maybe simply not that clever.

Reactions: AJFan2020, Diprs2 and AttilaThePun
I think even "adult diapers" search would probably link it sooner or later. I saw just today that Amazon has an AI-generated synopsis of pro and con comment findings at the top of the customer reviews.

Reactions: Pino and Diprs2
Pino said:
My wife once looked for rain-pants and guess what? She got offers for latex pants and PVC diaper covers.

The algorithm maybe simply not that clever.
Or it included pants for "yellow rain"! 🤔

• Thinking
Reactions: AJFan2020 and Diprs2
The term AI is abolutely overused and inappropriate. Just more or less well written algorithms. Nothing intelligent at all.

Cheers

Reactions: Edgewater and AJFan2020
LifeInPlastic said:
The term AI is abolutely overused and inappropriate. Just more or less well written algorithms. Nothing intelligent at all.

Cheers
Understood, but that's the description on Amazon at the beginning of the synopsis of findings in the reviews, so that's how I phrased it.

I suspect the GIGO concept will always apply to computers.

🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and AJFan2020
AttilaThePun said:
Or it included pants for "yellow rain"! 🤔
probably "water proof " tag that it picked up on and it probably links adult diapers with incontinence and abdl , if you look at the description on sites like ebay epically from non English speaking countries they will list say a spanner as "spanner, wrench, auto repair, diy ,mechanic, tool" to be picked up by as many key search words , then you end up with a search full of less appropriate items

more cookies than a well known sesame street puppet or Oreos factory !!!!!!!!!

• Haha
AI is not always that "I" ;)

Back