Am i the only one that actually like medical diapers ?

Kaich said:
No reason why you should be. I have several packs of printed that I'm running down and then I might just try the Tena.
Thanks.
Do any of the medical ones have hook & eye fastener?. I've had it with adhesive. I only have urinary incontinence so often need to remove and refasten a nappy for bowel movement
Rearz have one, it's the Incontrol Elite Hybrid.

ABDL prints are cute when they are on someone else. I don't see them when I wear so I don't need to pay a premium price for that.
I still buy ABDL diapers from time to time but if I have the choice of the same diaper in white vs printed, I'll choose the white.

chose said:

ABDL prints are cute when they are on someone else. I don't see them when I wear so I don't need to pay a premium price for that.
I still buy ABDL diapers from time to time but if I have the choice of the same diaper in white vs printed, I'll choose the white.
I checked it out but it's not available in the uUK.
Thanks for the recommendation though.

chose said:

But Rearz are AB nappies and as such cost more than the Tena and other medical nappies.

For me it's partly the looks, and partly the performance. Most medical diapers have a very "sterile" look to them, I don't mind the wetness indicators but plastering the size and the brand name all over the shell is ugly.

And as many will note, most medical diapers are much worse performers than AB/DL diapers. It's about the economics. ABDL are willing to pay for quality, but the biggest target market for medical diapers is the medical industry and people on limited incomes, so for them price is as important as function, and that makes the market fill with lower quality products because they're in demand.

XP Medical's XP5000 is about as "medical" as I want to see. NorthShore's all-white MegaMax are a great medical diaper in my opinion. Abena X-plus are also riding the line, though I haven't worn them for some time now.

I've never worn a printed diaper. All I wear are white pull ups. They do what I want them to do meaning I can pee in them to my heart's content and enjoy the sagging bulge that results from enough peeing in them. I'm not into the AB part of this; so, the prints hold no particular interest for me.

Peesalot said:
I've never worn a printed diaper. All I wear are white pull ups. They do what I want them to do meaning I can pee in them to my heart's content and enjoy the sagging bulge that results from enough peeing in them. I'm not into the AB part of this; so, the prints hold no particular interest for me.
I've never worn a medical nappy. And I could never wear pull-ups, they wouldn't have the same allure.
I have been thinking of switching to non-print medical nappies. But I would want a plain white - no writing etc - and they would have to have the same capacity as Bunny Hops

If you can suggest one then I'd be grateful.
Thanks

I was the same way growing up as constant bedwetter was forced to wear medical diapers till around 16. I prefer abdl diapers but medical still works for me

Sgdlboy said:
...[ If by any chance i got caught i have a reason to explain rather than printed diapers . ]...
This is kind of a big part of why when I'm out I just wear white Megamax diapers. If I do get found out, or in an accident or something, It's one level less B.S. to deal with. Another thing about this is when I'm working or out and about I don't see/enjoy the print anyway, so what's the point then?🤣
I do have some print diapers and use them occasionally on days off. A look that I've recently come to like is wearing a tank top undershirt with a length that just covers the very top of the diaper while around the house and to bed. The way the shirt isn't baggy really accents the diaper, and makes the bulge even more noticeable.😍

parcelboy2 said:
Trouble is the front don’t stay white for long 😳😂😂😂
tiny said:
Well... I always did like colouring-in ;-D

OMG I LOVE THIS!🤣

Jokes aside though, The "coloring-in" really IS something that I love about all the white diapers!:oops:🥰 The white really contrasts that light grayish-yellow blotchyness that darkens and creeps up the front of the diaper along with the increasing swollenness throughout the day! :love: NGL- I really do love how this is more noticeable with the all white diapers and really gives even more of an indication of how wet you are!🤗☺️ With that showing there's NO denying that you're wet vs just in a fluffy diaper! 😆

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ukiwa, tiny, PonderStibbons and 1 other person
I also prefer white thick plastic diapers.
There also cheaper.
I use betterdry now (same as crinkz but plane white)

Fit and function are most important to me. In most cases I prefer medical diapers even as an AB. And often times they are less expensive per diaper. Do I like cute designs? You bet. But I find a lot of the AB diapers are made in China and they look cute but aren't as comfortable as European med diapers. Maybe I'm just getting older and like comfort...who knows.

Reactions: antte91 and RedPandaDL
The "coloring-in" really IS something that I love about all the white diapers!:oops:🥰 The white really contrasts that light grayish-yellow blotchyness that darkens and creeps up the front of the diaper along with the increasing swollenness throughout the day! :love: NGL- I really do love how this is more noticeable with the all white diapers and really gives even more of an indication of how wet you are!🤗☺️ With that showing there's NO denying that you're wet vs just in a fluffy diaper! 😆
Yep exactly haha , its really something when the whiteness at the front turn yellowish , like an indication of childishness and the state of wetness the diaper is at , with wetness one look and its as clear as night and day . Im a DL but i do like that aspect of it haha .

Reactions: Ukiwa, antte91, tiny and 2 others
Kaich said:
I checked it out but it's not available in the uUK.
Thanks for the recommendation though.
Yes they are,

Cavvet8993 said:
I actually love my plastic backed attends. They do the job they're intended for and plus I get them free from the VA hospital.
I’m trying, but my VA provider won’t prescribe them.

bambinod said:
And as many will note, most medical diapers are much worse performers than AB/DL diapers. It's about the economics. ABDL are willing to pay for quality, but the biggest target market for medical diapers is the medical industry
...which like most institutions understandably seeks to optimize its margins so as to sustain/grow operations.

While cost may be a factor in their poor performance, don’t overlook the professions’ ‘Do no harm’ mantra. It implies not creating conditions which invite rash and infection. Ie. They’re made to be changed frequently.

For this reason, I think of ComfiDry 24/7, Abena/Abri-form, and XP5000 as ‘Performance’ nappies or ‘Institutional’ diapers not medical.

Hospital nappies is where I got my start following surgery. Their poor fit, and low-absorbency producing that trickle around the sides when lying on you back that provide a bit of danger/risk — transmutable into excitement.

If you are someone that likes to run with scissors, then slap one on and head to the supermarket without a change.

Last edited:
I think all the fancy, bright colored all over printed diapers look ridiculous. Like fancy dress. A baby has never looked anything like that in history. For me the whole point of being put back in diapers is for it to look like diapers. One good thing of everybody buying the abdl costume underwear, means there plenty of actual adult diapers for me.

Reactions: Ukiwa, antte91 and DLOwl1867
I am firmly DL rather than AB so the white (or pale blue or lilac) medical diapers are my preference. I feel daft wearing an AB pattern one 🤣🤪 I find BetterDry are excellent also Drylife Xplus are pretty special too

Reactions: Ukiwa and antte91
I like Abena L4
My favorite is Rearz Safari, but they are very expensive. I splurge once in a while and order a case. Then use them very sparingly. But my go to is the Abena’s with a stuffer. I consider them the Cadillac of the medical diapers. They are exactly 1/2 the cost of Rearz

im not sure if northshore counts as medical diapers but i definitely love northshore. they're all i have to compare the rest of my ABDL diapers to. i cant say I like them any better or worse, but one thing, i love printed diapers and picking out cute designs and colors. i was really happy when northshore made a tie dye diaper.

Sgdlboy said:
As a former bedwetter till 16 years old i wore medical diapers all the way and didn't have access to abdl diapers back then and even if i did i couldn't get my mom to get them . I actually like medical diapers so i was wondering if anyone else like them . If by any chance i got caught i have a reason to explain rather than printed diapers . Now years later i actually like and prefer medical diapers than abdl diapers , sure i like the prints and they definitely look cool but i still go back to medical diapers possibly due to that i wore medical diapers growing up .
I prefer them myself. I wear some of the colored northshore mega max but have never purchased a baby print diaper and never will. Not that I am against anyone else doing what they like because we all like what we like and we should be allowed. On the subject I in fact rather like the pink mega max. I dont really know why i guess but I use to wear purple molicare supers for a long time too. About 10 years ago or so that was my diaper of choose if not a abena. Dont like pink anything else dont wear pink clothes. But I love and prefer the medical grade diapers over baby print White is just fine. Though at the moment I am sporting Tie-dye. But I am not a AB either

I always liked All white diapers...They were what I had as a child in the 70s. I also loved the 80s ones where they started getting all thick and poofy. And oh So crinkly....The 90s Attends were just that!! .Then in the late 80s started the colorful cartoony tape zones ....Now you'd be hard pressed to find an all white kids diaper but on the adult side its still relatively easy to get a nice thick all white plastic diaper....Confi Drys are my "Go To" all white diaper.

Back