After a BM accident, do you use wipes or do you use a shower

Role
  1. Incontinent
Since I had the stroke and became IC, I mostly take a shower. I have had to use wipes after being far away. Kinda difficult. To be honest, I never feel really clean unless I take a shower.

I prefer shower, it really cleans me up, now I have occasionally used wipes only and I dont get that squeaking clean feeling from it, I've also been changed numerous times, my wife usually uses wipes then after I'm clean she will take a warm damp wash cloth and do a once over, then powder and new diaper.
Thats one of the best feelings to, clean fresh diaper after being in a very wet of messy one.

Reactions: BiBoyDustin
The only time I use wipes when I need to change out of a messy diaper is when I have an accident while away from home. I always use a detachable shower head at home when I change out of my messy diapers. I find the shower is much more effective at cleaning my poopy bottom after I have an accident.

Depends on how much I need to clean, but a shower is always most preferable.

I don't mess often and only when my wife allows me to, but when she does and after I've had my fun, she takes me to our bathroom, removes my rubber pants, unpins my diapers, wipes me with my used diaper and then tells me to shower off the rest, let her know when I'm done and then we go to our bedroom, where she powders me and pins a fresh diaper on. After, I take my dirty diapers, rinse them and put them in my diaper pail for the next wash.

I can not shower , I am given bed baths .

georgianchants131 said:
Since I had the stroke and became IC, I mostly take a shower. I have had to use wipes after being far away. Kinda difficult. To be honest, I never feel really clean unless I take a shower.
Shower. Need to clean up properly after that. Plus would probably need a whole pack of wipes.

I usually do not shower after a messy diaper. My clean up routine is: 1) wipe as much as possible with any clean, unsoiled part of my poopy diaper; 2) baby wipes or adult wipes, or sometimes just paper towels that go in the soiled diaper after use; 3) wash cloth with soap and water; 4) rinse wash rag and clean my diaper area again with just warm water on the wash cloth; 5) pat dry; 6) Baby Magic or Parent Choice Baby Lotion; 7) sprinkle Baby Powder in the new, fresh diaper, a few drops of scented oil and tape on; 8} roll up the messy diaper and put in plastic shopping bag (if the mess is firm and not squished all over my diaper I'll drop what I can in the big boy potty); 9) quick spray of air freshener; 10) Take soiled diaper to outside trash- trash pick up day is Wednesday; 10) resume my day as normal. This process takes 5 minutes or so, and at the completion I am all clean, fresh, and socially presentable. Guess what? I will be doing this process shortly, as my morning diaper is wet and messy. I'm going to wear a Tena Ultra diaper to work, no messy diapers at work, but I will be wet. A few drops of scented oil in my diaper keeps me smelling very pleasant, no tell-tale wet diaper odor.

I prefer a shower when I can get it, but I am competent cleaning up after a full diaper without shower access.

I use both, use wipes to clean myself as well as I can and use the shower too, although using the shower is kinda awkward as I can't stand unaided at all and I either have to kneel or sit on my shower chair, ideally it would be better to have a second person to help me clean up after a accident but thankfully I don't have BM accidents that often

Depends on the mess. if it is formed and not squihy a wife is fine if runny prefer a shower.

Always a shower if possible. The problem comes when I'm away from home and when like everyone I just have to make do with wipes but it can take a lot to do a thorough job. With luck there'll be some knd of basin with water on tap but public toilets other than disabled facilities are a nightmare.

When possible, I take a shower, then a bath, and then another shower. After a small accident simply taking a shower is often adequate.

If I am only wet I will usually take a bath instead.

Shower with hand held shower head, catch as much as I can in the diaper dump in toilet, roll up and bag for disposal then jump into the shower for the quick cleanup

My wife usually takes care of it by using the front of the diaper for the worst of it and then uses wipes for detail cleanup. No need for a shower.

If it's an accident then probibly wipes, I've only ever had 1 BM accident at home, all the rest happen places with no washing or toilet facilities.
If I've decided to soil at home or near home I'll definitely shower afterwards.

Last edited:
It all depends on the size and consistency of the mess. A small one can usually be wiped off easily. More firm messes are also easily wiped. More sticky messes are the problem, this requires a shower. Very watery sloppy messes can also be wiped but takes a bit, small ones are easier, large ones probably should shower.

I take a shower

I'm IC. Double and complete. I would ever ask that on anyone. I'm IC since birth. I can't even explain it for others. I tried to explain it but I always short of an explanation. I'm IC. It's idiopathic urinary and bowel incontinence. Posterior pelvic floor compartment disorder is functional anorectal anofectal disturburbence. That by defination are sympton. Symptons are non- specific and associated with structuturalneuromus and functional defsctual defect giving rise to symptomd. Yeah, I'm fucked. I'm so wearing I'm done. What do I do?

Shower. Always shower, I can't imagine messing without a clear shower plan haha. I enjoy messing, but I really hate poop... if that makes any sense

Back