Adult Diaper Pails, and Questions

TigerDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I see that the topic of diaper pails has been brought up before, but I had some further questions to ask/discuss.
Looking on Amazon, I see the Akord and the Dekor brands. I'm looking at the smaller sizes of their lines, since I don't use too often. That would be the Akord slim M280DA and the Dekor mini.

One of my main concerns is discreetness. How suspicious is the pail (mainly the Akord slim) if it were to be stationed in the bathroom like a normal trash can? Can other, lighter trash fit/get through the hole easily (like tissues), for more "regular" usage? If questioned, what are some excuses for why one might need a trash can that seals so well? Alternately, any other ideas of where to put the pail if hidden away, or ways to hide/cover it? And as for disposal, how see-through are the bags either provided (are the provided bags clear white?) or that you can purchase as refills (would the diapers, especially printed ones, be visible when taking out the bag)? Alternately, perhaps one of those step or touch lid trash cans might be more discreet and work fine? (I currently use an open trash can, and seal my diapers away in Bos bags)

Kind of related, but I don't use diapers terribly often, so filling the can might take a while. How good is it at sealing in odors in the long term, especially very old wet diapers (I don't really mess)?

What are people's thoughts between Akord and Dekor (or other brands I haven't seen)? Both have similar technologies/features of continuous liners, double lid, etc. It seems the Akord has a bigger hole opening? How well would these fit a fully saturated high-capacity ABDL diaper through the opening?

Thanks everyone!

If you’re looking for something discreet, you could go to Walmart and get a regular trash can with a foot pedal operated lid. It’s an affordable option that doesn’t look out of place. Just line it with a trash bag and you’re good to go.

Pails aren't really for people who don't wear often/aren't 24/7. I use an Akord 330, which imo is one of the better abdl pails. It takes me about a week to fill it entirely, which is what I would say the max linger time for diapers should be. You won't find a pail that will let you really store diapers for more than about a week, but that's fine because they get pretty nasty. Also be wary that small pails will usually have smaller holes, so unless you wear thin granny panty diapers, getting diapers through the holes may be a struggle.

Reactions: TigerDL
Back