ADISC Quarterly Update: 2023/Q2

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Hey everyone.

I've updated my TO-DO list to show what was completed in 2023's Q2, as well as what is planned for Q3.

Here's what I got done:
- Did some patching and updates to enable push notifications: https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/push-notifications-forum-2-2-13-update.173411/
- Took our inactive articles editor off the staff team: https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/articles-editor-change.174119/
- Made some security improvements aimed at deterring spammers and scammers from registering
- Started to look at alternatives to Discord, for potentially moving our live chat off of Discord to a new platform
- Did a fair bit of pruning of old images (most notably, deleting all images over 1 year old attached to conversation) to free up disk space

I'm probably forgetting a bunch of other work I did, but the above items are what I remember doing.
As of today (July 1st) I managed to complete one of the two critical issues I had planned to work on in Q2 (the disk space fix, which took over 6 hours of constant work), but I'm not counting that in the above list as it was done today (July 1st) and Q2 had technically passed by that point. It was an enormous hassle, but frankly I'm glad I did not (as of yet, anyway) end up having to build an entirely new server to fix the problem.

As for Q3, my priority is figuring out how I am going to handle ADISC financially going forward. For example, whether I'm going to turn ADISC into a business, so that ADISC can pay for its own costs (and so I can buy things for it that don't really fit into our current shoestring budget).
There's also a lot of back-burner work I've been meaning to do for awhile, too.

I'm still not sure how much I will get done, due to pretty severe ongoing health issues, but I'm doing my best.

If you have any questions/suggestions for future plans, send me a message.

• Love
Reactions: PaigeCherubiel, Deleted member 56273, Deleted member 29386 and 8 others
Back