Accidents

Bokeh

Est. Contributor
The title is a little misleading because I’m not talking about diaper accidents, I’m talking about vehicle accidents.

I was recently in a vehicle accident and luckily I was running behind that day and had to forego padding up. When I was in the ambulance and they were removing my clothes, I was relieved when I remembered that I didn’t have time to diaper up. I had planned on wearing a Crinklz that day & I don’t know what I would have done had I been wearing it.

Does anyone else worry about being seen in diapers in the case of an accident? I was injured in the accident but once I regained consciousness, I was wide awake through the entire ambulance ride. I was making jokes with the Paramedics and everything. I would have been horrified if I was wearing a Crinklz & I have no idea what I would've said to explain it. I know that they’re professionals & probably wouldn’t care but that doesn’t change how embarrassing it would be.

I am partially bladder and bowel incontinent and wear a diaper every time I leave home. If I were in an accident and needed to go to the hospital, I would not be embarrassed when they see my diaper because I am wearing it for a valid medical reason. If I had a diaper on that had baby prints on it, I would be embarrassed about that but would still explain to the EMT that I am incontinent.

Glad you are here to write about it.

Been in several accidents, I'm more relieved than embarrassed, and not otherwise. They are professionals, but humans as well so, I'm sure they grin, laugh in a internal/private way but not to the patient.

This is the #1 primary reason I don’t wear printed diapers (like Crinklz), the second being that I’m not really into the AB scene. It would be nice to not have the same color underwear every day, but there’s always that voice in my head “what if you get hurt and a medic has to remove your pants!”

Reactions: woolyDL
Better than wearing frilly panties when you are not a girl.

I was reading the book 'Working Stiff' about the making of a medical examiner and I thought this was an interesting passage:

"...I learned to document every piece of clothing and every item of jewlery on the body - not excluding pieces of precious metal studded into unlikely flaps of the human anatomy. If you knew how much hardware some of your fellow citizens are toting around in their knickers, you might see the world as a stranger and funnier place."

I bet we're worth a raised eyebrow to these folks but not much more than that. I'd be embarrassed for sure but I'm not going to let that possibility stop me enjoying myself.

The older i get the less i care.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
I was an emt for my local volunteer ambulance for about 12 years, while not a daily occurrence we would see people of all ages and sizes in diapers at some point or another, it wasn't that big of a deal and if we had to strip someone (like in a trauma situation) regardless if they were conscious or unconscious we would cover there private area's to give them privacy. I rode with a mixture of people and honestly it was probably a little more embarrassing for us to bring up in conversation with each other about a patient that was naked or wearing a diaper, so we kept that to ourselves.
BTW to the op glad your ok.

My wife used to worry about me because my go to underwear is Babypants training pants, often the pink ones. Eventually she got used to the idea. Like Trevor said, you can't deprive yourself of innocent enjoyments just because of what a stranger might think. I figure I can weather the minor storm of judgement when I've weathered real hurricanes.

Great conversation everyone, I enjoy hearing every one’s own personal take on the topic. I appreciate the well wishes as well, it was a nasty accident but I walked away & am lucky to be alive. I don’t feel comfortable sharing too many details for fear of identifying myself because it was a very strange accident but it could have gone very badly. The paramedics were amazing & very professional. I think you guys are right and I may be coming around to wearing my favorite diapers without fear.

I live in an apartment building and alone. Some of my girlie and baby clothes are often in plain view and I often sleep in diapers or training pants and often in girl's PJ's.

Like you, I often (well maybe not so often anymore) think about the possibility of there being a fire or other problem where I need to vacant my apartment without proper boy clothing or some emergency personnel need to come into my apartment...

But...like others have said, I have been pretty successful in removing these thoughts by just remembering that these people are professionals and have seen many things, many of which were worst than me.

So I go to bed and leave clothes out and no longer worry about what might happen.

Thankfully I have never been in any kind of a car crash, I have had plenty of times where I thought a car crash might happen, but I wasn't driving (I dont drive anyways) and I was simply nervous; mostly this happens on the highway when we were right next to a Semi-Truck and it looked like they were only a couple inches away from hitting us.

However if I was diapered and any kind of a crash happened and I survived, and was in an ambulance, I would just focus on being alive at that point, I would not give a damn if i was diapered and if i was wearing an ABDL Diaper (that's all I wear these days anyways) ; if it came to some medical staff asking about why I was wearing a diaper, I would be like, "I Like Diapers, so what, I'm not incontinent" .

So, being IC is depressing enough. I say screw it, and wear whatever we like, even if that is baby prints. Anything to brighten up oneself, and be a little naughty at the same time.

Reactions: Wetshisbed and dadboddl
Well. Funny story.

I recently had a vehicle accident. I was at fault - with my heavy sedan, I t-boned his compact car at moderate speed. He caught air and then a tree. Miraculously, both cars were only cosmetically damaged - despite having visibly impacted the tree, he had no visible damage from it. As well, neither of us were injured. We didn't call on emergency services (we called 000, which advised us ambulance likely wasn't necessary).

When I sat back down in my (dented) car, I realised I'd filled my diapers quite badly during and immediately after the accident. Very glad we didn't need an ambulance. That would have been most embarrassing.

Kaliborio said:
Well. Funny story.

I recently had a vehicle accident. I was at fault - with my heavy sedan, I t-boned his compact car at moderate speed. He caught air and then a tree. Miraculously, both cars were only cosmetically damaged - despite having visibly impacted the tree, he had no visible damage from it. As well, neither of us were injured. We didn't call on emergency services (we called 000, which advised us ambulance likely wasn't necessary).

When I sat back down in my (dented) car, I realised I'd filled my diapers quite badly during and immediately after the accident. Very glad we didn't need an ambulance. That would have been most embarrassing.

Well considering how much you filled your diaper, just think how embarrasing it would have been if you weren't diapered. Id rather be found by ems with a will diaper than I would to be found with filled underwear.

Glad you were not seriously hurt!

I was chatting with my mother (who doesn't know I am DL) this weekend, she is a retired ER nurse. I asked if she had ever seen people wearing fetishes under their clothes; she laughed and said yes!! It doesn't happen often but it's of no surprise to the nurses when they discover that this man is a woman! Or visa versa.

I wanted to ask about diapers (seeing as she has 30+ years of nursing and 1,000s of patients) but I didn't get around to it; she would raise an eye brow and ask me "whyyy are you asking specifically about diapers, is something up??" :LOL:. I'll try again someday.

Last edited:
Back