Acceptance of Myself and the Acceptance of Other People

AsherDearing

Baby Bear | Wannabe Care Bear
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
Content warning: talking about prejudice.

Taking a lot of deep breaths, I’m a little bit scared to post this. 😣😣.

I wanted to talk about something personal that’s been been happening with me since I started becoming and active member of this site. And get it off my chest.

Just over a month ago, I made a decision to choose happines for myself, this resulted in a few changes to my life, but most importantly it meant that I was going to love myself. I wasn’t just going to accept myself for being ABDL, I was going to love being ABDL, it has been one of the most positive changes in my life. This resulted in many other changes to my life:
  • As I said in my first post I made back on the 4th of Sep, I stopped hiding my teddy bears, they have been openly sat on my bed since, and have been seen and accepted by all of my immediate family. Including my brother who is not a very accepting person.
  • While some of this has temporarily stopped due to the aforementioned brother temporarily being home, I have been far more hygienic with my ABDL, I have been getting up early and washing my dummy and bottle every morning, and I have been washing my onesies.
  • I have started Being little more often and allowing myself to access the joy and comfort that comes from being regressed.
  • I attended my first event where I met some IRL ABDL friends, I wasn’t confident that I would ever be brave to do that.
  • For first time in the 26 years I have been on this planet, I have finally made efforts to find a partner, I have two vanilla speed dates booked and I have posted personals online i ABDL friendly spaces.
These changes have put me in such a better place mentally, I got emotional writing that list.

But the most important change that I have noticed is that I have become much more accepting of other peoples differences in a very short period of time. I’m ashamed to admit it, but it wasn’t that long ago that I flat out refused to accept non-binary as a thing or that pronouns mattered. I believed that a lot of fetishes were inherently degenerate. And that this was unacceptable and the root of all of society’s problems, I didn’t really act on these beliefs or cause any harm, but I still feel awful for them.

Thankfully, after I chose to love myself, these started to all just, fall away, my core tenets now are to go with the flow and to just… be kind. Someone identifying as non-binary never hurt me at all, so why was it a problem, when I could have just said “that’s OK” and help make them feel valid and accepted (the things I also needed for so long), why did I have so many problems with pronouns, I could have just switched out some words and again, help someone feel valid and accepted. I think that maybe subconsciously, I thought that I wasn’t allowed to be different, so neither were they.

I decided that I was going to be a source of positivity and acceptance on this site, and I hope that I have been able to be a little light that brightened people’s day. I think I have been, and honestly it’s been such a positive experience for me to make other people happy. Instead of being closed minded, I want to accept and learn about poeple who are different to me.

I want to be a soft, cuddly, kind and caring little boy who makes people happy, makes them feel valid and loved. Put that together with the love fact that I’m a baby bear and the decision is obvious…

I’m going to be a care bear from now on 🤗🥰.

You have all been such wonderful people and I love you all 🤗🥰

*just had to stop to have a cry*…

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rusher, Edgewater, CertifiedCrinklerTodd and 3 others
Yesss this is so awesome to read! Self acceptance and love is the most important step to having a happy life, and a better mental state! ♥️♥️♥️ 🫶 all of the love to you on your journey!

Reactions: Edgewater
ThatonediaperedDude77 said:
Yesss this is so awesome to read! Self acceptance and love is the most important step to having a happy life, and a better mental state! ♥️♥️♥️ 🫶 all of the love to you on your journey!
Thanks you so much, I really needed that, I’m just sat here terrified and crying at the moment. All of the love to you too ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and CertifiedCrinklerTodd
AsherDearing said:
Content warning: talking about prejudice.

Taking a lot of deep breaths, I’m a little bit scared to post this. 😣😣.

I wanted to talk about something personal that’s been been happening with me since I started becoming and active member of this site. And get it off my chest.

Just over a month ago, I made a decision to choose happines for myself, this resulted in a few changes to my life, but most importantly it meant that I was going to love myself. I wasn’t just going to accept myself for being ABDL, I was going to love being ABDL, it has been one of the most positive changes in my life. This resulted in many other changes to my life:
  • As I said in my first post I made back on the 4th of Sep, I stopped hiding my teddy bears, they have been openly sat on my bed since, and have been seen and accepted by all of my immediate family. Including my brother who is not a very accepting person.
  • While some of this has temporarily stopped due to the aforementioned brother temporarily being home, I have been far more hygienic with my ABDL, I have been getting up early and washing my dummy and bottle every morning, and I have been washing my onesies.
  • I have started Being little more often and allowing myself to access the joy and comfort that comes from being regressed.
  • I attended my first event where I met some IRL ABDL friends, I wasn’t confident that I would ever be brave to do that.
  • For first time in the 26 years I have been on this planet, I have finally made efforts to find a partner, I have two vanilla speed dates booked and I have posted personals online i ABDL friendly spaces.
These changes have put me in such a better place mentally, I got emotional writing that list.

But the most important change that I have noticed is that I have become much more accepting of other peoples differences in a very short period of time. I’m ashamed to admit it, but it wasn’t that long ago that I flat out refused to accept non-binary as a thing or that pronouns mattered. I believed that a lot of fetishes were inherently degenerate. And that this was unacceptable and the root of all of society’s problems, I didn’t really act on these beliefs or cause any harm, but I still feel awful for them.

Thankfully, after I chose to love myself, these started to all just, fall away, my core tenets now are to go with the flow and to just… be kind. Someone identifying as non-binary never hurt me at all, so why was it a problem, when I could have just said “that’s OK” and help make them feel valid and accepted (the things I also needed for so long), why did I have so many problems with pronouns, I could have just switched out some words and again, help someone feel valid and accepted. I think that maybe subconsciously, I thought that I wasn’t allowed to be different, so neither were they.

I decided that I was going to be a source of positivity and acceptance on this site, and I hope that I have been able to be a little light that brightened people’s day. I think I have been, and honestly it’s been such a positive experience for me to make other people happy. Instead of being closed minded, I want to accept and learn about poeple who are different to me.

I want to be a soft, cuddly, kind and caring little boy who makes people happy, makes them feel valid and loved. Put that together with the love fact that I’m a baby bear and the decision is obvious…

I’m going to be a care bear from now on 🤗🥰.

You have all been such wonderful people and I love you all 🤗🥰

*just had to stop to have a cry*…
Love and be Loved, is the key to eternal happiness. Being kind, and showing empathy towards others is self rewarding. 🫂 (y):giggle:

• Love
Yeah, it really is, thank you for the virtual hug. Hugging you back 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗.

Edit, why does auto correct have to be so awful on my most heartfelt and difficult post.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater and ILuvDiapers
The last couple of replies and lots of hugs from Hugo have calmed me down.

I still have anxieties that people viewing are going to judge me differently. But I’m starting to feel a bit of relief, over all I glad Imposted this.

Your warmth and sunshine ness is what helped us feel so welcome here.

BTW we adore care bears !! Literally our new dresses came this weekend which have care bears all over them. It's an attempt to self soothe so ... not gonna complain haha x

Much mwah to you xx

• Love
Reactions: Rusher and AsherDearing
anonnymouse said:
Your warmth and sunshine ness is what helped us feel so welcome here.

BTW we adore care bears !! Literally our new dresses came this weekend which have care bears all over them. It's an attempt to self soothe so ... not gonna complain haha x

Much mwah to you xx

Thank you again, really helpful words at the moment.

I haven’t even watched much Care Bears, but I’ve been meaning too, I gonna watch it all and learn how to be a great care bear 🐻🌈🌟

Last edited:
Are we allowed to post links ? To a YouTube video?

Gonna post it. So sorry if it breaks a rule.

THIS is our entire everything. This album is our little state in a nutshell. It truly is audible sunshine.

• Love
Reactions: AsherDearing
anonnymouse said:
Gonna post it. So sorry if it breaks a rule.

THIS is our entire everything. This album is our little state in a nutshell. It truly is audible sunshine.

Just listened to the first song and it was magical, wanna listen to the whole thing 🥰🎶🎶

AsherDearing said:
Just listened to the first song and it was magical, wanna listen to the whole thing 🥰🎶🎶
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. It truly is our mantra almost x

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and AsherDearing
Those are fantastic developments and I am thrilled for you.

I am touched just in the reading as a lot of what you are experiencing resonates with me on a very personal level.

Shame, in particular, is an incredibly destructive force in our lives. It sounds like you have taken a step away from that maelstrom and are seeing a better world for it, which is fantastic.

I'm particularly impressed that you have come to recognise past petty mindedness towards difference. I've been there too and know it is a big deal to admit to and move on from. Kudos!

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and AsherDearing
Anemone said:
Those are fantastic developments and I am thrilled for you.

I am touched just in the reading as a lot of what you are experiencing resonates with me on a very personal level.

Shame, in particular, is an incredibly destructive force in our lives. It sounds like you have taken a step away from that maelstrom and are seeing a better world for it, which is fantastic.

I'm particularly impressed that you have come to recognise past petty mindedness towards difference. I've been there too and know it is a big deal to admit to and move on from. Kudos!

Thank you, it‘s really helpful to know that I am not alone in what I was feeling. Another thing I have been working on for a longer time was being able to admit when I was wrong, apologise and try to improve or change my mind, I grew up being very arrogant, it’s nice to be recognised for that effort, thank you. 🤗🤗.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and Anemone
AsherDearing said:
Thank you, it‘s really helpful to know that I am not alone in what I was feeling. Another thing I have been working on for a longer time was being able to admit when I was wrong, apologise and try to improve or change my mind, I grew up being very arrogant, it’s nice to be recognised for that effort, thank you. 🤗🤗.

It's hard work but it makes for a better world, even though people may find it difficult to articulate. A hug would probably say it better than my words but, alas, this technology is limited!

Anemone said:
It's hard work but it makes for a better world, even though people may find it difficult to articulate. A hug would probably say it better than my words but, alas, this technology is limited!

I’ll take hug emojis though 🤗🤗. 🤣🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: Edgewater and Anemone
Great Thread, but a bit confused as in your opening, you pre-warned us: "Content warning: talking about prejudice." Having read your Thread now twice I cannot find any!

I am not going to Sum Your Statement as I believe you are just seeing the edge of the World in front of you!

For those who become all concern regarding pronouns, it is important to understand that when one changes the meaning or expand the means of words, it takes a very long time for that change to occur, let along be understood. But, that is a side point to this discussion.

Congratulations with your choices! Clearly, you are beginning to see the advantage when one changes their Vantage Point. Love is a Four Letter Word that has a profound effect when one begins to live life from its vantage point.

May your joy continue to open the World in front of you!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AsherDearing and Tigressmoon22
Edgewater said:
Content warning: talking about prejudice." Having read your Thread now twice I cannot find any!
I just wanted to do my due diligence, trigger warnings/content warnings was another thing I used to be unaccepting of.

Edgewater said:
For those who become all concern regarding pronouns, it is important to understand that when one changes the meaning or expand the means of words, it takes a very long time for that change to occur, let along be understood. But, that is a side point to this discussion.

It does take a while, I have had to use different pronouns for people (I didn’t want to at the time, but I didn’t want to rock the boat so I went along with it), it’s hard work to get pronouns right sometimes, but if their patient with me when I make a mistake, then I want to try and help them feel loved and valid ☺️☺️.

Edgewater said:
Congratulations with your choices! Clearly, you are beginning to see the advantage when one changes their Vantage Point. Love is a Four Letter Word that has a profound effect when one begins to live life from its vantage point.

Love is a very strong, very big tree, I can see so much more from here 😊. Not gonna be climbing back down anytime soon.

Edgewater said:
May your joy continue to open the World in front of you!!

Thank you very much, I hope so too. I wish you all the smiles in the world 🤗🤗🤗.

AsherDearing said:
It does take a while, I have had to use different pronouns for people (I didn’t want to at the time, but I didn’t want to rock the boat so I went along with it), it’s hard work to get pronouns right sometimes, but if their patient with me when I make a mistake, then I want to try and help them feel loved and valid ☺️☺️.
I placed this sentence in as a reminder that "Words Have Meaning" and to demand the vast majority to furiously except changing foundational Words is a two-way street. And, such actions is a foundation of crashes. Hence, are decisive and used to cause separation not to obtain common ground. Love does not use such decisiveness.

Pronouns should never be difficult to get right. Just because one elects to change the colors of a Traffic Signal, color meaning and not expect a crash and are outraged because it does? Love does not involve itself in such games. As games are a side point to this discussion.

Loving others and being shocked when they do not Love you fulling in return sadly happens. One must be strong enough to accept rejection as not all want our Love.

The Sun will come out Tomorrow, be there, it is a Beautiful Thing to Behold!

Edgewater said:
I placed this sentence in as a reminder that "Words Have Meaning" and to demand the vast majority to furiously except changing foundational Words is a two-way street. And, such actions is a foundation of crashes. Hence, are decisive and used to cause separation not to obtain common ground. Love does not use such decisiveness.

Pronouns should never be difficult to get right. Just because one elects to change the colors of a Traffic Signal, color meaning and not expect a crash and are outraged because it does? Love does not involve itself in such games. As games are a side point to this discussion.

Loving others and being shocked when they do not Love you fulling in return sadly happens. One must be strong enough to accept rejection as not all want our Love.

The Sun will come out Tomorrow, be there, it is a Beautiful Thing to Behold!

I’m still a bit sleepy and have just spent the morning babying out. I didn’t quite understand your comment at first and thought you were having a go at me 😅. But I think thats my fault for not reading from the start, not yours.

I agree, I think the most important thing is that a person wants and tries to change, to be better and to get it right. We will all make mistakes on that path.

I know that there are people who don’t want to be loved, and that makes me feel sad. But if I get rejected, I know that I have wonderful people in this community that I can talk to and lean on, just as they can for me. Its not just about being strong, because, honestly I'm not that resilient, but having good support in place.

• Love
Reactions: Tigressmoon22 and Edgewater
Back