Abena L4

Lostboy123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've recently bought some Abena L4s having found M4s to be too small for me and having trouble putting them on properly.

I think the L4s are great and wish that I'd tried them sooner. The fit is really good and they feel really safe. Only criticism I have is that my walk feels really weird after I've wet or messed them which I've not really felt with other nappies.

• Thinking
Reactions: CptKirk
Lostboy123 said:
I've recently bought some Abena L4s having found M4s to be too small for me and having trouble putting them on properly.

I think the L4s are great and wish that I'd tried them sooner. The fit is really good and they feel really safe. Only criticism I have is that my walk feels really weird after I've wet or messed them which I've not really felt with other nappies.
I have notice the sizing is funny with the abena diapers I've tried both m4 and L4 ones, first was the L4 cloth( free sample pack from local shop) but found they were a fairly large for me so I went and bought a bag of mediums( M4 size from 28-44 ) knowing they would be alittle tight but turned out way to close for comfort so ill have to get a bag of L4 🤔

Reactions: Lostboy123 and Seasonedcitizen
ryan8710 said:
I have notice the sizing is funny with the abena diapers I've tried both m4 and L4 ones, first was the L4 cloth( free sample pack from local shop) but found they were a fairly large for me so I went and bought a bag of mediums( M4 size from 28-44 ) knowing they would be alittle tight but turned out way to close for comfort so ill have to get a bag of L4 🤔
In my case I don't think the sizing was funny rather i was wearing the wrong size. Given that my jeans size is 33 the M4s should fit me perfectly but when I put them on the tapes don't pull all the way across. I can do a lot more with the tapes on L4s though so I can really get the fit right.

When I've used them though although they feel really good I think they make my walk very awkward. I pooed in one yesterday and had quite a walk to get to the nearest toilet. I think anyone that saw me would be able to tell what had happened. When I've wet them too I can really feel it. I've not wet one significantly yet but now I'm sufficiently confident that they won't leak that will be the next step. Even with smaller wetting I've been able to notice the change in my walk due to the bulge at the front.

Lostboy123 said:
In my case I don't think the sizing was funny rather i was wearing the wrong size. Given that my jeans size is 33 the M4s should fit me perfectly but when I put them on the tapes don't pull all the way across. I can do a lot more with the tapes on L4s though so I can really get the fit right.

When I've used them though although they feel really good I think they make my walk very awkward. I pooed in one yesterday and had quite a walk to get to the nearest toilet. I think anyone that saw me would be able to tell what had happened. When I've wet them too I can really feel it. I've not wet one significantly yet but now I'm sufficiently confident that they won't leak that will be the next step. Even with smaller wetting I've been able to notice the change in my walk due to the bulge at the front
I'm between 36-38 in pant size the tapes for the the m4 almost didn't make it onto the landing zone but I do like the action of them they wik away nice and quick and the will soak up a far mount be for leaking

ryan8710 said:
I'm between 36-38 in pant size the tapes for the the m4 almost didn't make it onto the landing zone but I do like the action of them they wik away nice and quick and the will soak up a far mount be for leaking
I know I could properly flood them without any danger of them leaking. As I wear and use them in public its something I need to be sure of before wetting myself.

Yup before you have a problem like I did yesterday (a little leak because I had to much faith in what I was wearing and didn't realize how full it was) 🤭

ryan8710 said:
Yup before you have a problem like I did yesterday (a little leak because I had to much faith in what I was wearing and didn't realize how full it was) 🤭
Lol. Hope no one saw you. I've leaked in public before. Didn't realise I was leaking until I looked down mid stream and realise there was a wet stripe down the leg of my trousers. Luckily it didn't reach the floor or I'd of been stood in a puddle.

I'd made sure a toilet was close by and that I had a change of clothes so I was able to change before anyone saw me.

What I don’t get is why these can’t be obtained in Europe/UK any more given they are made in Denmark.

Drylife gave them a reprieve by having them sold as “Drylife Slip XPlus” but they are no more either.

PCS said:
What I don’t get is why these can’t be obtained in Europe/UK any more given they are made in Denmark.

Drylife gave them a reprieve by having them sold as “Drylife Slip XPlus” but they are no more either.
I don't understand. I live in the UK. I bought them on Amazon. Delivered next day with no issues.

Lostboy123 said:
Lol. Hope no one saw you. I've leaked in public before. Didn't realise I was leaking until I looked down mid stream and realise there was a wet stripe down the leg of my trousers. Luckily it didn't reach the floor or I'd of been stood in a puddle.

I'd made sure a toilet was close by and that I had a change of clothes so I was able to change before anyone saw me.
Nope no one noticed I was wearing an alphagators yesterday on a 8 hrs outing/ shopping trip so I was good all day till we back home and had to stop and fuel up the car near my place and I wet while pumping fuel then when 3 mins later we got home and I felt me pants and notice a wet spot (about 4in around) on my butt so my mommy changed me right away ( she even joked with me while getting changed because she asked if we should pack a diaper bag and I said I'd be good 😆) oopsies

Abena L4 (plastic version) is my daily diaper
fits me the best and holds up to my needs
a booster pad keeps it together longer & allows for a little more absorbency

Reactions: leakerABDL and Jonnythepony
Lostboy123 said:
I don't understand. I live in the UK. I bought them on Amazon. Delivered next day with no issues.
Really??? Fantastic news!!!

Many thanks!!! ☺️

PCS said:

Sometimes it's down to each countries own regulations on environmental issues.

There are certain models of chainsaws made by Stihl (a German company) that cannot be purchased in Europe but are widely available elsewhere in the world and it's because of the permitted emissions that they allow.

I really love the Abena L4 plastic backed nappies. I purchased 30 packs from NRU under the brand name Drylife XPLUS. Its a shame Abena L4 are not readily available to buy here in the UK.

bobbilly said:
I really love the Abena L4 plastic backed nappies. I purchased 30 packs from NRU under the brand name Drylife XPLUS. Its a shame Abena L4 are not readily available to buy here in the UK.
I bought mine on Amazon. Not sure why people think they can't get them here.
Screenshot_20240117_062542_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Aren’t the Premium version cloth backed? I had a look on Amazon and the only plastic ones I could find shipped from the USA?

Reactions: TreeLad
they're the cloth backed ones you got and they are terrible, my opinion. The plastic backed Abena L4's are so much better.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
Lostboy123 said:
I bought mine on Amazon. Not sure why people think they can't get them here.
View attachment 127921
those are the cloth backed version and despite being called premium & cost more than plastic version they are aweful quality
leaks and the tapes pop off just by looking at them. The sides stretch so much while you sleep the whole front opens up
I can't understand why they call them premium? Because of the cloth cover
because nothing in that diaper is premium

The plastic version is far superior

Reactions: bobbilly and Jonnythepony
I got an unopened pack of abena L4 for £5 from a charity shop (cloth backed). They're alright with plastic pants over them but I think I'd have been a bit miffed if I'd have paid full price for them.

PCS said:
It's because of, I think it was called... "Nordic swan eco label" or something stupid like that.

It's stupid, because I don't see how there's any way creating a dual layer backing with glue all made of plastic is somehow less of a problem than... just plastic.

Reactions: TreeLad
Back