ABDL's With Synesthesia

Interesting record from Andy Summers.

Bigbabybret said:
Not yet, i'm i bed still, will likely be all day, bad back pain and migrain going since xmas eve, but it will subside at some point and ill listen to it.

right now with my autonomic issues i feel odd heat/cold sweatting and such all the time, so that part will be unknowable as of right now, but i will chaeck it out and let you know if there is anything i see/feel.

over did it on xams with the kids and such. will take it a couple days.
Sorry you're in pain. I hope you get to feeling better. Take care.

Reactions: Bigbabybret
I have this mildly.
Days and months have colours to me, and some words too.
Also weather conditions have a smell but I'm not sure if that's synesthesia or just a good sense of smell. ...
Anyone without synesthesia think snow wind and rain have strong smells?

Prillprillprill said:
I have this mildly.
Also weather conditions have a smell but I'm not sure if that's synesthesia or just a good sense of smell. ...
Before SARS 2002, I could smell all of those things. I loved the smell of rain in a summer storm. Now my sense of smell isn't as good but I can still smell those things to some degree.

Reactions: Prillprillprill
Oh....in answer to your question, I did listen to it. It reminds me of some of the pieces on the radio show, "Hearts from Space" on NPR. I have a Korg Triton and sometimes I enjoy sitting down at it and make those big sweeping lines of ambient sounds. I liked what you did with it, including the pulsing sound which gave it a kind of rhythm.

Reactions: LiddieBear
Prillprillprill said:
I have this mildly.
Thunderstorms definitely have a smell to them, and no, that's not synesthetic. That is actually ozone you smell. As of winter, I have never smelled the snow, but I do know the air can have a different smell due to the mixture of natural gas, propane, and wood smoke from stoves and furnaces.

That's very unusual, I have heard of it. And it can happen during psychedelic experience although I have never had that happen to me.
For me it's just memories. So vivid I have to push them away, that is very common and many experience it, if not everyone.

To all of my ABDL synesthetes, I am currently listening to "SynPod," a synesthesia podcast on Spotify. If you haven't heard of it, you might want to hop onto Spotify and check it out. There's this episode with a neuroscientist, and it's pretty cool. His name is Richard Cytowic, and he has some pretty interesting consepts regarding synesthesia. I hope the moderators don't see this as spam because I am not trying to push or sell anything. I thought you all might be interested in this particular podcast.

music will produce patterns in my head that i find hard to explain - the alphabet changes brightness as i recite it and days of the week have a sort of depth that i visualise

ashie said:
music will produce patterns in my head that i find hard to explain - the alphabet changes brightness as i recite it and days of the week have a sort of depth that i visualise
That is so funny that you mention the alphabet having different shades of brightness. For me, the alphabet is so complicated. I have light-and-location synesthesia when I go from a to z. Each letter is a different room with daylight coming through a window. In some instances, I'm in a big room and the window is far enough away that the light is very dim.

BabyBoy2023 said:
That is so funny that you mention the alphabet having different shades of brightness. For me, the alphabet is so complicated. I have light-and-location synesthesia when I go from a to z. Each letter is a different room with daylight coming through a window. In some instances, I'm in a big room and the window is far enough away that the light is very dim.
that's really cool ☺️

looking back i think it may have helped me when i was 2 and i recited it backwards for the first time

ashie said:
that's really cool ☺️

looking back i think it may have helped me when i was 2 and i recited it backwards for the first time
I have number synesthesia as well. The number 1 feels like a short, squat, fat toddler standing with a droopy wet plastic-backed diaper on. The number 2 is the kick of a baby's foot, with the top of the foot slapping my hand. There is no connection to 3, but 4 is the sound of one of those whispery sort-of wooden flutes you hear in Africa documentaries. I don't know why, but 12 feels like one of those baby bottles that have flat sides, like perhaps a six-sided container, that sort of bottle.

Definitely! When I was little I remember talking to my mum about colours and I mentioned that ‘Tuesday is green.’

What do you mean?, said mum.

I couldn’t understand what she meant, everybody knows that Wednesday is grey, Thursday is blue etc! I patiently explained the colours of the week, and I honestly couldn’t believe that other people didn’t know that.

The colours of the week are still just a normal part of everyday life, but it’s only in recent years that I have learned about Synesthesia after listening to a documentary on BBC Radio 4.

Hearing that others experience this phenomenon was almost as much of a revelation and relief as finding out that there are other adults who like to wear nappies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BabyBoy2023
DLmikey said:
Definitely! When I was little I remember talking to my mum about colours and I mentioned that ‘Tuesday is green.’

What do you mean?, said mum.

I couldn’t understand what she meant, everybody knows that Wednesday is grey, Thursday is blue etc! I patiently explained the colours of the week, and I honestly couldn’t believe that other people didn’t know that.

The colours of the week are still just a normal part of everyday life, but it’s only in recent years that I have learned about Synesthesia after listening to a documentary on BBC Radio 4.

Hearing that others experience this phenomenon was almost as much of a revelation and relief as finding out that there are other adults who like to wear nappies.
Yes, I agree totally. Synesthesia is something I embrace. Even the painful experiences I find interesting. Very few chords I associate with pain. Most are very good experiences. Interestingly, though I don't know the name of the musical chord, but the suspended chord Jerry Cantrell strums several times in the song, "No Excuses," by Alice In Chains before dropping down a notch, that chord is the taste of blood in my mouth. It also signifies massive bleeding, but from my body, no one else's. I don't know why, but I feel and taste that when I hear that chord. It creeps me out, though I like the song, "No Excuses." I am an amateur ambient musician, and if I was to arrange a soundtrack for a movie or something, this chord would be the one of choice, especially if the scene depicts a trauma center and we see things from the victim's point of view.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193
BabyBoy2023 said:
Yes, I agree totally. Synesthesia is something I embrace. Even the painful experiences I find interesting. Very few chords I associate with pain. Most are very good experiences. Interestingly, though I don't know the name of the musical chord, but the suspended chord Jerry Cantrell strums several times in the song, "No Excuses," by Alice In Chains before dropping down a notch, that chord is the taste of blood in my mouth. It also signifies massive bleeding, but from my body, no one else's. I don't know why, but I feel and taste that when I hear that chord. It creeps me out, though I like the song, "No Excuses." I am an amateur ambient musician, and if I was to arrange a soundtrack for a movie or something, this chord would be the one of choice, especially if the scene depicts a trauma center and we see things from the victim's point of view.
Interesting…

Alice In Chains used a lot of parrallel 4ths and 5ths. I have that album so I'll have to go back and listen to it. I used to associate colors to certain keys. B flat always seemed brown but maybe I'm associating the B in the key to the word brown. E major seems red, A major, yellow.

When I was in college many years ago, my boyfriend scored some acid and we listened to the first Moody Blues album and we both saw all these colors and shapes associated with the music and sound. It was amazing.

Reactions: Sidewinder
You know, it is amazing because the more I read, the more I find. I am amazed by the number of famous people with synesthesia, and these are authors, musicians, and other big figures. Even Billy Joel has it. Wow! If only I could contact Billy!

Reactions: Deleted member 39193
BabyBoy2023 said:
You know, it is amazing because the more I read, the more I find. I am amazed by the number of famous people with synesthesia, and these are authors, musicians, and other big figures. Even Billy Joel has it. Wow! If only I could contact Billy!
Note: I am on Reddit in the R/Synesthesia thread. My name, being that I didn't know what to call myself, was automatically generated by Reddit. I don't have the exact name for you, but it's something along the lines of U-Due Refrigerator with a bunch of numbers following it. I found a hodgepodge of different synesthetes there, and I find each one interesting as I find you all here as interesting.

BabyBoy2023 said:
I have the funniest Billy Joel story. The Italian teacher where I taught school was having a big family reunion on Long Island, NY with all her relatives which included some cousins she had never met. She was introduced by her relative to a friend and the guy said hi, I'm Bill. She told me that she ignored him and left and when her cousin asked her why she did that, she said it was because he didn't use his Italian name. Her cousin informed that that was because he wasn't Italian. He was Billy Joel.

I would have gone crazy if I met Billy Joel in person and I would have known who he was.....haha.

Anyway, I'm sure Billy Joel doesn't have disconnesia...haha.

dogboy said:
I have the funniest Billy Joel story. The Italian teacher where I taught school was having a big family reunion on Long Island, NY with all her relatives which included some cousins she had never met. She was introduced by her relative to a friend and the guy said hi, I'm Bill. She told me that she ignored him and left and when her cousin asked her why she did that, she said it was because he didn't use his Italian name. Her cousin informed that that was because he wasn't Italian. He was Billy Joel.

I would have gone crazy if I met Billy Joel in person and I would have known who he was.....haha.

Anyway, I'm sure Billy Joel doesn't have disconnesia...haha.
What is disconnesia...haha?

Back