Abdl Diapers tore appart

K00paTr00pa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Has anyone else had this happen? You stand up after sitting for a while and the back of your diaper tears apart, spilling fluff everywhere. I had this happen a few weeks ago with Land of Genie diaper I got from Amazon. The plastic up until then seemed fairly resistant and even though I wore for about 8 hours, I only had one wetting an hour before they tore.

I also had this happen years ago with Crinklz and swore I would never buy them again for thst reason.

• Wow
Reactions: theancientmariner and Jorelaxed
If it’s too full you will run the risk of the diaper ripping open

Reactions: K00paTr00pa and Jorelaxed
I had that happen with some Betterdrys.🤔

Once with a medical diaper and a few times in the front.
I'm certain it happened because of two things; diaper was over-tightened and I had lotion on my hands (oil-It kills the plastic.)

Reactions: Joediaper and Jorelaxed
I had this happen with a few different medical and AB/DL brands many moons ago. I too used to be a "needs to be so tight is squishes everything" person. Over the years I have learned it's better to only have it snug around the waist and to leave a bit room through the middle. It's much less stimulating, if you know what I mean, and actually makes the diaper perform better. Only time it happens now is when I fill them with water after putting in extra stuffing.

He
MeanLeanLawnChairMachine said:
If it’s too full you will run the risk of the diaper ripping open
He only had 1 wetting in it. It wasn't full at all.

Reactions: mistykitty, Canadianfalls and K00paTr00pa
Yo use plastic pants overtop in bed, to avoid a diaper "blowout" between the sheets

When I was first stating wearing most of them store brand diaper patting would pull apart on me!

Antientmariner said:
He

He only had 1 wetting in it. It wasn't full at all.
He said one wetting an hour and 8 hours

Last edited:
K00paTr00pa said:
Has anyone else had this happen? You stand up after sitting for a while and the back of your diaper tears apart, spilling fluff everywhere. I had this happen a few weeks ago with Land of Genie diaper I got from Amazon. The plastic up until then seemed fairly resistant and even though I wore for about 8 hours, I only had one wetting an hour before they tore.

I also had this happen years ago with Crinklz and swore I would never buy them again for thst reason.
Ah, more justification for my wearing plastic pants over disposables!

Diaper accidents happen, lol.

The Back can split open releasing the contents,

Or the Tapes can rip off WHILE you're putting your diaper ON!!!!!

That's why you always bring like Two to Three TIMES as many diapers as you need for any given situation!

"It's better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it."

And yes, I also feel like a comfortable pair of plastic pants + a Onesie will help protect your diaper from splitting.

Reactions: mistykitty and theancientmariner
diapeybabybrian said:

That's why you always bring like Two to Three TIMES as many diapers as you need for any given situation!

And yes, I also feel like a comfortable pair of plastic pants + a Onesie will help protect your diaper from splitting.
I've never had #1 happen to me. That sounds worse than a nightmare.

#2, if that happens to me, I'd contact the company it came from and tell them what happened. Maybe let their QA's know about it. If I ever go away from home with diapers on some sort of vacation, I'll heed your warning, and bring plenty. I'm not the heedless type.

Reactions: diapeybabybrian
It only happened once to me and it was a Cuddlz diaper. Almost all of them split up the backside.

I've never had a tear or rip occur but I've dealt with tapes pulling off of a diaper before while fastening it. Ended up fastening it with piece of electric tape instead so I could use it and not waste it. That being said they are a manufactured item and once in a while you just end up with one quality control missed.

Last edited:
Never.

i have had many diaper fail in my time of diapers, it happens ,
oddly i had a few brands that always split on the butt, almost looked like the diaper gave or as if someone took a razor in a straight line, not bad if dry but when wet\ i was told i put them too snug or too loose but i doubt it , havent had that happen in a long time,

theancientmariner said:
I've never had #1 happen to me. That sounds worse than a nightmare.

#2, if that happens to me, I'd contact the company it came from and tell them what happened. Maybe let their QA's know about it. If I ever go away from home with diapers on some sort of vacation, I'll heed your warning, and bring plenty. I'm not the heedless type.
The back splitting open has happened to me several times with multiple brands of diapers. It was a combination of pushing these particular diapers to the maximum of their physical capabilities, and also being a slightly less experienced diaper wearer at the time of the incidents.

Basically, when the back splitting occurred was during daytime use, with extreme physical activity. Another factor was at the time I was not using a Diaper Cover to support my diaper. I now since use a Gary Wear diaper cover to support and protect my diaper, and since then I have had great success with maintaining the physical stability of my diapers.

As far as complaining to the company about the tapes ripping off, it's partly my fault. Before putting on a fresh Diaper it's important to "Activate" your diaper by stretching out the wings a bit, and making sure the leak guards are open.

Well, sometimes I underestimate my own strength and pull too hard on the wings and rip off the tapes. I wouldn't consider that entirely the company's fault so I've never emailed them about that.

It has however made reconsider how many diapers to bring to a given situation, which has benefited me greatly as I enjoy the peace of mind associated with being prepared. And also to be more gentle while stretching the wings of my diapers.

diapeybabybrian said:

Omg I've had the tapes rip off the diaper while I was putting it on a few times lol I think I was too excited about trying my new diapees haha It happened with the Baby Usagi and Astro Babies from LittleForBig lol

I always make sure to have several diapers on me just in case it happens again lol

Reactions: diapeybabybrian
Back