A slightly random question for parents who are ABDL

Did you or do you fluff your child's diapers (or nappies)?

• Yes

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters

boredofwheelchair

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Just curious did you or do you fluff your child's diapers (or nappies)?

I know this seems random but people seem to make a thing about fluffing adult diapers, I don't normally bother personally because it seems like a lot of hassle for discernable benefit but I was wondering is this done with babies and children's diapers (or nappies) because it's not advice I can say I've heard

Reactions: LittleRobbie
I use to babysit my nieces and neithews, and I have changed a lot of diapers/nappies in my time. I've never fluffed for them nor me before, and I never will in future! Changing takes enough time as it is 😲

• Wow
Reactions: Edgewater and Lostdiapersboy
Nope. We didn't fluff our kids' diapers (although they were mostly in cloth), and I seldom fluff my own (although I'm mostly in cloth too). It seems to be a religion for some, but I've honestly never noticed much of a difference in terms of performance (with disposables). It certainly makes them thicker though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater, boredofwheelchair and LittleRobbie
LittleRobbie said:
I use to babysit my nieces and neithews, and I have changed a lot of diapers/nappies in my time. I've never fluffed for them nor me before, and I never will in future! Changing takes enough time as it is 😲

I tried fluffing and and tbh I have never noticed much difference and like you say changing takes enough time and effort without fluffing involved too

Reactions: LittleRobbie and Edgewater
Fluffing doesn’t make a noticeable difference, and when you are playing with fire the longer everything is uncovered, it’s not worth the time

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL, Cottontail, LittleRobbie and 2 others
PaddedBass said:
when you are playing with fire the longer everything is uncovered, it’s not worth the time

Lol, you don't want any fountains indoors if you can help it, also I imagine that when a child is at a certain age they will start wriggling during changes too or run off before having a diaper on which will lead to accidents

Reactions: Cottontail and Edgewater
boredofwheelchair said:
Lol, you don't want any fountains indoors if you can help it, also I imagine that when a child is at a certain age they will start wriggling during changes too or run off before having a diaper on which will lead to accidents
Yea that happens around 48yrs :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL, PaddedBass, TenaciousDL and 1 other person
I had not heard the term before, but quick put together what was implied.

No, I have not and neither do I fluff my own diaper. That said, I am a strong believer is preparing an adult premium diaper as a means of flatten out the packaging folds and setting a channel into the gusset along its length. That helps removes the bump-out (front and back), helps with urine flow within the diaper and prevents leaks.

• Wow
Reactions: TigerDL and LittleRobbie
I never “fluff” the diapers but I do completely open them and make sure the leak guards are up. Baby diapers are so thin that there is not much to fluff.

Reactions: Edgewater
I think my wife and I did, at least to some small extent. I think it was recommended on the package.

Reactions: Edgewater
Back