A question regarding the terminology of Sissy / Little Girl

RoamingHermit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
So I've actually not really told many people about this and I've never mentioned on ADISC but I recently came out as Transgender. I was born a boy but know that I was meant to be a woman.
I'm also an abdl but with no sexual aspect to it. Being trans and being an abdl, would that make me a sissy or a little girl? From what very little that I know I thought that being a sissy meant being a guy that likes to cross-dress and regress into little space.
Am I wrong on that front?
Any clarification or explanations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance and I hope everyone staying safe and having a fantastic week so far (^~^)
~R.H.~

Last edited:
If you are Trans you are a Girl and if you are a girl who wears nappies you are probably a little girl - which is So Cute
Welcome I'm sure you will make lots of friends. :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: nappybottom, Phoebe, AmethystSpark and 2 others
RoamingHermit said:
So I've actually not really told many people about this and I've never mentioned on ADISC but I recently came out as Transgender. I was born a boy but know that I was meant to be a woman.
I'm also an abdl but with no sexual aspect to it. Being trans and being an abdl, would that make me a sissy or a little girl? From what very little that I know I thought that being a sissy meant being a guy that likes to cross-dress and regress into little space.
Thank you very much in advance and I hope everyone staying safe and having a fantastic week so far (^~^)
~R.H.~

Thats a good and complex question

I have seen littles who identify has one gender but there little self takes another gender identity (which is totally okay)

I have seen sissies who identify as a girl in little space, but some do it as a girl with "male parts" (which is totally okay)

I have seen sissies that identify as a boy who just likes pretty girly things, and love the aspect of being a "doll" for someone (totally okay also)

The point I am making is, whatever you chose is valid, If you want to be a little girl go for it, you can still be a little girl and like "boy things" vice versa.

If you feel sissy is a term you would like to go by, go for it, but I think it is much broader then "men in dresses" from what I have seen.
Yet that is an aspect of it for some people (even tho I have met trans women who go by the term sissy). And trans women are not by any means "men in dresses" nor should they have to adopt femininity to be valid in there identity.

I think you will have to make the call, if you wanna be an LG go for it, if you find something within the term sissy that gives you validation go for it.

But make the decision off of what it a good identifier for you, and not hetro-normative values that say "oh if you are such and such you have to be X,Y,Z"

I bring up this point, because whenever I was running my HS "gay club" (ugh homophobic people need to get creative)
I had many trans students younger than me feel since they were "a trans male" they had to be ubber masculine and adopt all these crazy titles.

If a cis man wearing makeup can be called he, a trans man in makeup can too.
Adopt something that serves you, not everyone else

Hope this was helpful and not preachy lol XD

• Love
Reactions: MandyBear, TigerDL and RoamingHermit
I am by no means an expert on this, but I have the same understanding of the term Sissy as you - a guy that likes to roleplay at being a baby girl. From what I have heard there's also often a humiliation aspect of it, like a guy being forced into overly feminine clothing.
So, by my understanding, you would be a Little Girl - you don't just play at being a woman, you are one, you just also happen to be a Little.

• Love
Reactions: RoamingHermit and Blathers
Schwanensee said:
I am by no means an expert on this, but I have the same understanding of the term Sissy as you - a guy that likes to roleplay at being a baby girl. From what I have heard there's also often a humiliation aspect of it, like a guy being forced into overly feminine clothing.
So, by my understanding, you would be a Little Girl - you don't just play at being a woman, you are one, you just also happen to be a Little.

" you don't just play at being a woman, you are one, you just also happen to be a Little. "

That is a very good point also, trans women dont have to play at being a woman, they are women
:love:

• Love
Reactions: RoamingHermit
Thank you so much for all of your amazing responses! That definitely helped clear things up, you are all are absolutely amazing!
Going forward I feel MUCH more comfortable as a little girl, thank you all (^~^)

• Love
Reactions: TigerDL and Blathers
The original meaning of the word 'Sissy' was an effeminate (straight) man which has nothing to do with Trans, 'Little Girl' or AB.
Another meaning has it that it can also mean:-
'a person regarded as effeminate or cowardly.
"he would hate the other boys to think he was a sissy" -Meriam Webster Dictionary.
So really a lot of people that write Sissy as a self description are inaccurate.

Last edited:
Blathers said:
Thats a good and complex question

I have seen littles who identify has one gender but there little self takes another gender identity (which is totally okay)

I have seen sissies who identify as a girl in little space, but some do it as a girl with "male parts" (which is totally okay)

I have seen sissies that identify as a boy who just likes pretty girly things, and love the aspect of being a "doll" for someone (totally okay also)

The point I am making is, whatever you chose is valid, If you want to be a little girl go for it, you can still be a little girl and like "boy things" vice versa.

If you feel sissy is a term you would like to go by, go for it, but I think it is much broader then "men in dresses" from what I have seen.
Yet that is an aspect of it for some people (even tho I have met trans women who go by the term sissy). And trans women are not by any means "men in dresses" nor should they have to adopt femininity to be valid in there identity.

I think you will have to make the call, if you wanna be an LG go for it, if you find something within the term sissy that gives you validation go for it.

But make the decision off of what it a good identifier for you, and not hetro-normative values that say "oh if you are such and such you have to be X,Y,Z"

I bring up this point, because whenever I was running my HS "gay club" (ugh homophobic people need to get creative)
I had many trans students younger than me feel since they were "a trans male" they had to be ubber masculine and adopt all these crazy titles.

If a cis man wearing makeup can be called he, a trans man in makeup can too.
Adopt something that serves you, not everyone else

Hope this was helpful and not preachy lol XD
I find it very useful and not at all "preachy" I feel the term Sissy is often used inaccurately here.

RoamingHermit said:
Thank you so much for all of your amazing responses! That definitely helped clear things up, you are all are absolutely amazing!
Going forward I feel MUCH more comfortable as a little girl, thank you all (^~^)

Glad you found your true self <3

• Love
Blathers said:
Thanks a bunch (^~^)

• Love
Reactions: Blathers
Blathers said:
I am SO happy for you! 😊

• Love
Childie said:
I am SO happy for you! 😊
Thanks, it feels good to be able to put how I feel about myself into words again :)

Reactions: Childie and Blathers
RoamingHermit said:
Thanks, it feels good to be able to put how I feel about myself into words again :)

If you ever wanna chat in a conversation let me know :3
I love chatting to people :D

Blathers said:
If you ever wanna chat in a conversation let me know :3
I love chatting to people :D
Thanks! I'll definitely keep that in mind. I have extreme social anxiety and suck at starting conversations... Or continuing them sometimes 😅
But I will definitely let you know 😁

Reactions: Blathers
I was wondering what the meaning of sissy would be from a google search and it pretty much just means effeminate or cowardly,
For the little girl meaning i guess transage but not baby age since there is aboard for that, but as i type this i was thinking should little boys be added to the title?

Bedtime and I will go upstairs and get into my nightie and wait for mummy to put my nappies on.
mistysummers said:
I was wondering what the meaning of sissy would be from a google search and it pretty much just means effeminate or cowardly,
For the little girl meaning i guess transage but not baby age since there is aboard for that, but as i type this i was thinking should little boys be added to the title?
Mmm 'Transage'. It does have a ring to it. You could be a pioneer. Then when it spreads and get's in the dictionaries you will be famous!;)

Childie said:
Bedtime and I will go upstairs and get into my nightie and wait for mummy to put my nappies on.

Mmm 'Transage'. It does have a ring to it. You could be a pioneer. Then when it spreads and get's in the dictionaries you will be famous!;)
Transage has been a thing for a long time now. Lol

Reactions: Childie
RoamingHermit said:
~R.H.~
sooo it breaks down like this..
AB- adult baby, DL, diaper lover is unrelated to the gender thing
"sissy" is basically forced fem, girls can be sissies if they like that kind of thing forced on some way, so with the information given, I cannot say, unlikely though.
"sissy meant being a guy that likes to cross-dress and regress into little space."
no, that is simply cross dressing.

little girl is for ab/dl/ abdl that regresses to a toddler like age with the girl identity basically prob you :3

CutePrincess said:
sooo it breaks down like this..
AB- adult baby, DL, diaper lover is unrelated to the gender thing
"sissy" is basically forced fem, girls can be sissies if they like that kind of thing forced on some way, so with the information given, I cannot say, unlikely though.
"sissy meant being a guy that likes to cross-dress and regress into little space."
no, that is simply cross dressing.

little girl is for ab/dl/ abdl that regresses to a toddler like age with the girl identity basically prob you :3
What? You can be a sissy without being forced to be fem. It all fall down to the style of clothing, if the crossdresser is wearing somthing really girly, they are going for a sissy look, i would call a crossdresser who was dressed looking smart and proper a sissy.
You are also forgetting about middle space, which a lot of lolita fashion falls into and can be classed as a sissy look.
Being a sissy is more then just forced fem

Reactions: Deleted member 49942 and RoamingHermit
mistysummers said:
i would call a crossdresser who was dressed looking smart and proper a sissy.
You are also forgetting about middle space, which a lot of lolita fashion falls into and can be classed as a sissy look.
i wouldn't, that is up to them if they embrace the label or not

Last edited:
Back