A question for my parent, your opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rideoflife1000

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
When I was younger around 3-7or 8, I remember very poorly having accidents at night. My question to you all is , not knowing my parents of course, would you ask questions regarding your accidents as a child just for curiosity reasons, knowing it may raise questions from your parents. I am 27, and have a very understanding, yet also curious mother, who might ask me "why do you really want to know about you childhood bed wetting".

I would like to ask her , how often I wet the bed and how I behaved in the situation?

And also since I can barely remember any of these occurrences, if she did anything to remedy the situation, ie, diapers or doctors appointments etc.?

Is it weird for me to want this info. during this phase of my life for basically zero reason besides my curiosity?

Sorry it's another long post, kinda rambling because I love this site and opening up to everyone here. Thanks so much everybody.

I'm a D/L with some babyish interests too.

Abso-fucking-lutely not!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Ok. Can you elaborate a little, so I understand your position on this? Thanks much.

rather than risk opening up real history, why not just peruse all the mom sites out there that discuss this every day.
certainly, it is very similar for all children and parents.

It's about the facts and circumstances that occurred when I was little. Not general facts on childhood bed wetting.

If you're really interested, I don't see the harm in asking. Maybe give some reason for the sudden interest like a dream or a book or article you read that made you think about it. My only caution would be in appearing too interested in the particulars. For most people, unless there are extenuating circumstances in the conversation, it's probably not a very interesting or appealing subject. The better your external reason for wondering about it, the less curious any questions might be. I'm not sure what's a great entry point into the conversation but it should probably be based on what you'd be likely to do. Think about it.

I'd say wait until you have children of your own, then the opinion she would offer would tendered towards the children. And, no, I'm not saying that you imply the children have problems, and you're seeking advice on how to cure them, just that you question the "what if..." about bedwetting, having remembered you had issues of your own. You don't have to wait until the kids are beyond normal diaper training. It could be asked as soon as the house is full of infant/toddler diapers, and the children still need them for real. In this way, you can have the conversation, and it can stop right there, without much introspection about why you'd be asking as an adult, without a credible reason.

Jamieboy said:
I'd say wait until you have children of your own, then the opinion she would offer would tendered towards the children. And, no, I'm not saying that you imply the children have problems, and you're seeking advice on how to cure them, just that you question the "what if..." about bedwetting, having remembered you had issues of your own. You don't have to wait until the kids are beyond normal diaper training. It could be asked as soon as the house is full of infant/toddler diapers, and the children still need them for real. In this way, you can have the conversation, and it can stop right there, without much introspection about why you'd be asking as an adult, without a credible reason.

That'd be one of the all-time great stories to tell your kid on their wedding day why you had them. "Well, I really needed an answer to questions about my own bedwetting and having a baby seemed like the least awkward approach."

7000 posts trevs, nice !

I have to side with Trevor. I think you can ask on a surface level, not getting too deep. Your mom may wonder if your having some incontinence problems, however.

There are some things I wish I had asked my mom but I was too embarrassed. She found my diapers when I was in college so she knew I was into infantalism and regression. I was adopted at the age of two, and there's a lot I would have liked to have known as to my own potty training, whether I was in an orphanage for a while, because all of that may impact on why I'm AB/DL.

Over the course of several years recently, I have asked my mom about my bedwetting. Unfortunately, for me, she was unable to remember some of the specifics that I was hoping she would remember. I am not surprised at this, she is after all in her late 80's.

I tried to ask in a deliberate and sincere way but directly. I don't get the feeling that she thought this was weird.

However, I do have a good relationship with my mother.

Not sure any of this will help you but I hope you find your answers.

You could say your have to write a paper about you childhood and are looking for ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back