80s and 90s nappies and wetness

Marting

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi everyone

When I wet a nappy (particularly a plastic one. It's very clear that I've wet as the nappy becomes much darker. I was just wondering (I have OCD and am obsessing about it somewhat), was it clear when a child had wet an 80s or 90s plastic nappy? It's frustrating as I have an ocd about authenticity and want to clear it in my head.

Thanks for your help everyone. ❤️

Reactions: Canadianfalls
Yes....you're right. I'm not sure why, but I think it has to do with the combination of absorbent material and plastic backing material that made this happen. I've "tried it out" on a few vintage diapers I've had in my stash and there is a really noticeable difference. Heck I even tried it with just plain water and you could definitely tell when the diaper was wet. The last adult diaper that made this really obvious were Attends & Depends of the early 2000's.

Allegedly at the time, the plastics semi-translucent and not the opaque plastic you have today.

Reactions: Canadianfalls
Yes, it was obvious when a baby had wet a plastic-backed disposable nappy back in the 80s and 90s. But the same darkening/discolouration occurs with today's cloth-backed nappies, too.

Reactions: Marting
quartz200420012 said:
Yes....you're right. I'm not sure why, but I think it has to do with the combination of absorbent material and plastic backing material that made this happen. I've "tried it out" on a few vintage diapers I've had in my stash and there is a really noticeable difference. Heck I even tried it with just plain water and you could definitely tell when the diaper was wet. The last adult diaper that made this really obvious were Attends & Depends of the early 2000's.

Allegedly at the time, the plastics semi-translucent and not the opaque plastic you have today.
So you think it showed more on baby nappies back then than it does on modern plastic ones?

KCA said:
Yes, it was obvious when a baby had wet a plastic-backed disposable nappy back in the 80s and 90s. But the same darkening/discolouration occurs with today's cloth-backed nappies, too.
Thanks so much for your reply. This really helps my OCD.

Marting said:
So you think it showed more on baby nappies back then than it does on modern plastic ones?
Absolutely. It was obvious. The modern ones sort of change color but you really have to have concentrated yellow urine for it to show(which is NOT healthy).

Reactions: Marting
Back