70s/ 80s/ 90s disposables thread

PCS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Since my original thread seems to have been locked without further explanation, though not deleted…

…here’s a new one with a wider remit.

Basically vintage disposables/ packaging.

Here’s one to get us started.

1698876454620.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 77437, furry121, Jorelaxed and 5 others
This one is actually rebranded Tena Slip XS, and further proof than Peaudouce = Tena.

Reactions: Deleted member 56273
Here are my favorites from the early 90's... Huggies Baby Steps for girls...

VINTAGE-HUGGIES-DIAPERS-Girls-size-5-XL-over.jpg

dpr 007cr.jpg

DTime 008smcr.jpg

IMGP0376.JPG

DTime 091sm.jpg

IMGP0367.JPG

IMGP0374.JPG

• Love
Reactions: Iron, PaddedPonyboy, espectro and 9 others
PCS said:
Since my original thread seems to have been locked without further explanation, though not deleted…

…here’s a new one with a wider remit.

Basically vintage disposables/ packaging.

Here’s one to get us started.

View attachment 122211
These Peaudouce Juniors would be my first-call youth diapers for sure. Sadly there was a lack demand for these puppies on the Greek market at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Thalie
PCS said:
my original thread seems to have been locked without further explanation

It has been locked because it contained pictures with underage minors which is a violation of the Community Guidelines.

BabyTweetyBird said:
It has been locked because it contained pictures with underage minors which is a violation of the Community Guidelines.
Only from vintage adverts and packaging.

I didn’t know that posting vintage adverts and packaging amounted to such a violation.

If that is a violation, perhaps the thread itself should be removed altogether rather than just locked?

Last edited:
PCS said:
Only from vintage adverts and packaging.

I didn’t know that posting vintage adverts and packaging amounted to such a violation.

If that is a violation, perhaps the thread itself should be removed altogether rather than just locked?
Better asking @KitsuneFox and @Moo for the reasons which forced them to lock the topic.

Remember, they deleted @PurpleScorpion's thread about TV commercials for that same reason.

After all, it's a good occasion to start a brand-new thread with more treasured gems from the past.

From now on I’ll block out any image of a wearer from packaging or adverts just as I have when finding nappies in vintage stock images.

Reactions: AJFan2020 and Deleted member 56273
I still have some Certina Slip diapers from the 80's or 90's at home - they do not really absorb a lot, make funny crincling and feel wet to the skyn ... there are much better diapers today, but they offer me a nostalgie, because these were the first adult diapers i bouht back als a teenager (was about 16)...

Attachments

• IMG_5878.JPG
    IMG_5878.JPG
    999.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5877.JPG
    IMG_5877.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5876.JPG
    IMG_5876.JPG
    1,020.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 77437 and (deleted member)
PCS said:
From now on I’ll block out any image of a wearer from packaging or adverts just as I have when finding nappies in vintage stock images.
Good decision! :giggle:

allesindie said:
I still have some Certina Slip diapers from the 80's or 90's at home - they do not really absorb a lot, make funny crincling and feel wet to the skyn ... there are much better diapers today, but they offer me a nostalgie, because these were the first adult diapers i bouht back als a teenager (was about 16)...
Oh wow! The padding goes right into the wings and they are only one-fold!

Imagine getting this padding arrangement with modern absorbency. That would be delightful!

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273
1699114164896.png1699114219009.png1699114241954.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Iron, mbta12, pdiapered and 15 others
1699114683391.png1699114707889.png

1699114932833.png1699114899960.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Iron, mbta12, pdiapered and 8 others
1699115367201.png1699115506846.png1699115564365.png

Reactions: mbta12, pdiapered and (deleted member)
PCS said:
BabyTweetyBird said:
I would lean towards the pictures taking up too much space on the server or links causing an issue. If the pics were the reason the thread would have been deleted immediately like others have.

BabyTweetyBird said:
Better asking @KitsuneFox and @Moo for the reasons which forced them to lock the topic.

Remember, they deleted @PurpleScorpion's thread about TV commercials for that same reason.

After all, it's a good occasion to start a brand-new thread with more treasured gems from the past.
Don't count on an answer from them. They don't seem to like answering questions about why threads get locked.

Reactions: mbta12
Littlebabybecca said:
Here are my favorites from the early 90's... Huggies Baby Steps for girls...

View attachment 122232
Those are my absolute faves as well. Huggies should go back to this design. They were absolutely amazing at absorbing, wicking and leak protection.

Reactions: Littlebabybecca and Deleted member 56273
Reactions: Littlebabybecca
The crop function in any image editing app can sometimes be good for this. Even Microsoft Paint on Windows 10 and below and Preview on macOS have this. For Windows 11 and Linux users the free open source Gimp (GNU Image Processing (or maybe processor?)) app can also be good for cropping out parts of images.
PCS said:

@patrick1776 ahhh those remind me of the good old days of 98, 99 and very beginning of 2000, I would ride my bike to the local food store and buy either pampers baby dry size 6 or the luvs size 6, I distinctly remember the Luvs having a more lotion / perfume smell to them that would stick to my skin, especially when it was warmer weather. I so lucky to have become a DL back then (although very young) and be able to wear those diapers almost anytime I wanted to.
My only slight complaint is the both brands after 97 became really thin with loosing pulp and turning more to a sap based diaper, not that im complaining to much, it just wasnt as thick as the pampers stretch of 95-97, but I digress, should just be happy that I lived in a time of diaper gold before everything was changed to cloth like cover then refined for cost cutting.

Reactions: mbta12, southeastlittle and Thalie
From what I currently remember I only wore a Huggies once back in the early 1980s at age five-and-a-half during my time in preschool. These were not great by today’s standards (I still felt wet after using it, but unlike the Pampers of that time they didn’t leak when I wet in my car seat). Back at this time they had leak guards but they weren’t using super absorbent polymers (SAP) yet (just paper and plastic). A part of me still sometimes wishes that they had these in adult sizes for nostalgia. It would have been good to have more than one memory of a disposable that actually works as it is supposed to.

Back