24/7 - What to Expect

HockeyGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm currently 1 week into my planned month of 24/7. The longest I've gone before is 2 weeks. What should I expect? Does wearing become different after a few weeks? How long does it usually take before it becomes natural and second nature? Any tips or encouragement is appreciated.

You plan your diaper change on how long you will be between changes. My morning coffee intake requires me to use a more absorbent diaper(s) before noon. Afterwards I can use lighter ones. If I am going out for a while, I empty my bladder and put on a dry diaper. You don’t want leaks even with plastic pants. It is temping to go out with a used diaper but it is not worth the hassle.

A onesie is great for holding up and hiding the shape of a diaper. You can alway use dark panties with cotton/spandex to hold them up like a second skin.

Don't worry about people outside noticing. Everyone is busy with their own problems.

HockeyGuy said:
What should I expect?
Expect to get a little stinky... Full on or just #1, regardless. Expect to leak a few times, too. Wear dark pants/shorts to help with the inevitable, as wetting lighter pants will make it obvious something happened. Or at least have an excuse, like that you're really sweaty or something...

If you're only doing it for a month and not going indefinitely, I'm not sure if you'll want to make a diaper bag or not. Since i'm doing it indefinitely, I have one, just incase I have a horrible leak or accident while I'm away and need to change, whether that just be the diaper or my clothes as a whole.

Also expect to see yourself mentally grow as you start to care less and less about what people think or if they find out. A month isn't that long when it comes to that, but when you do it for as long as I have, I am so glad I've done so.
HockeyGuy said:
How long does it usually take before it becomes natural and second nature?
Many months. It took me about 6 months before I found it weird that other people don't wear diapers. Today I just hit 8 months. Am I incontinent? No, but I drip a little in between changes now. It will probably take years of me wearing before I become incontinent, so don't worry about that. I'm probably 25% of the way there or so.

Reactions: WillFord384
Seasonedcitizen said:
If I am going out for a while, I empty my bladder and put on a dry diaper.
Good advice. The times I've tried to push my luck hasn't ended well. I've got all the supplies you mentioned so I'm set in that department.

Back