Are you cheap, thrifty or just plain miserly with your diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
edward321 said:
Hell no. If I'm paying for Dry 24/7s they're going be used as their name states

they're not really meant to last 24 hrs ;)

So child services stops in to check in on litttle Timmy, they'd gotten reports he might not be getting taken good care of. They arrived to find the tyke in his crib with his diaper overflowing all over the crib. Worker: "Why didn't you change him yet?" Mom: "His diaper's not full yet?" Worker: "Whatever gave you that idea?!" Mom: "It says right there on the package, 25-32 lbs"

I am going to have to say that I am on the "thrifty" side of diaper life. But that does not mean I am being cheap. Far from it! I have my choices of what I like in diapers/pullups/pads and will not purchase any other brand. I will however pay very close attention to sales and pricing when shopping for my favourite brands. And should a new product arrive on the market, I first go online and study the hell out of it.

bambinod said:
they're not really meant to last 24 hrs ;)

So child services stops in to check in on litttle Timmy, they'd gotten reports he might not be getting taken good care of. They arrived to find the tyke in his crib with his diaper overflowing all over the crib. Worker: "Why didn't you change him yet?" Mom: "His diaper's not full yet?" Worker: "Whatever gave you that idea?!" Mom: "It says right there on the package, 25-32 lbs"

Lmao, that's funny.
I know that it doesn't literally mean they go 24/7, I meant that I'll use them to their fullest.
Once again that response gold, I needed a good laugh thank you.

I'm insanely thrifty. I tend to only use my cloth diapers because money's tight and I saved for these. When I do manage disposables I use them till they're ready to burst!

I'm thrifty. If I plan to be diapered for only an hour or two, maybe not even wet, but probably wet and maybe even mess, I'll use a cheap, low capacity diaper. But if I want to wear an Abena M4, I'll usually wear it to bed, but have at least 1,000 mL in my bladder before I go to bed (I have a huge bladder :p). Then I'll wake up in the morning and only take it off if it's near capacity or messy. If not, I'll keep drinking and wearing until it's near capacity, messy, or leaking.

arcituthis said:
Price and wastefulness definitely play a part for me. I have to know I can wear each diaper for at least 6 hours before I will put one on. I also always wet at least once before changing out of it (this is rarely a problem).

Totally agree. I actually pay for cheap diapers (CVS briefs are my go-to brand for convenience, but I prefer Tranquility ATN's if I'm going online) specifically for a quick fix while saving my expensive diapers for when I can wear for an extended period of time. My stash has grown in size, but my turnover rate is small so that I do have remnants of packs that I've had for almost a few years. Plus, since I've seen some diapers that I really liked no longer being sold it caused me to stock up on certain brands and just save them. I even have a few bags of plastic backed abena M3's leftover. I wish I had grabbed me a few pairs of Fabine's before they were gone though.

Since I wear for need and retired on a fixed income I wear a premium A+ level 4 for daytime of about 8 hours.
The rest of the time I wear cloth.

I'm no Rockafeller, but I have a decent disposable income, pun intended, so the cost doesn't bother me, but I do have a hard time putting on a Mollicare and then taking it off an hour later to attend to my 'needs', if you catch my drift. That's why I use disposible pull-ups or GoodNites TruFits when I know I'm gonna be in the mood for something else sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back