Have you ever thought about warming up with your disposable diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happydbl

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
It's December and it's cold, so I was wondering if you've ever thought of recycling your diapers after use to warm up, personally I've already done it is very effective, it warms well. It does not leave a trace, the disposable diapers being composed of 90% cellulose (material derived from wood). Attention it must be considered that it is like wet wood, so it is imperative to be swept at least twice a year, for a good combustion it is strongly recommended to place the disposable diaper users on bright fires or on a good bed of ember well red, the disposable diapers have a better heating efficiency if they are rolled on itself, it is also important to lower the air intake to the maximum (so as to avoid a runaway, but you still have to leave enough space to avoid put up the fire. It should be known that disposable diapers heat much better and much longer with a reduced air intake. (If there are ecologists who have moral lessons to make me do not hesitate to come and explain to me why it's wrong, I will be happy to explain why your arguments are false , of course it is not impossible that you have a good argument if it is the case we can always debate :)

This post clearly talks about recycling used disposable diapers by burning them to produce heat. This post clearly has nothing to do with reuse the product for are original use.

Last edited:
So are you taking about heating up used diapers and wearing them to warm up? If that's the case everyone will tell you how unsanitary that is. But lighting them up on fire? You'll have to better explain what you mean

I said recycled, not reuse. (I know some people like to use used diapers but it clearly has nothing to do with what I'm talking about, I'm clearly talking to burn them to produce heat!

Sounds like an interesting idea, but I'd be worried about possible creosote(the source of chimney fires) formation in your chimney from the added moisture, as well as possible damage from the other "compounds" in a used diaper.

I’d be worried about fumes from the plastic...

I remember that the materials used for disposable diapers are precisely chosen for their quality of very low pollution material, for info the wood is polluting for what would have forgotten.the plastic to use in disposable diapers is LDPE. which is a material very close to paraffin, you know the little tealight candles :)

seems like a rather expensive fuel

Idk why people are upset with this idea... Seems like a good way to recycle to me. As long as the materials are actually what they are... Just keep the bleach away lol

Andrewgdfw said:
seems like a rather expensive fuel

This fuel costs nothing since in all cases it is produced, It's recycling so it's just waste recovery that would normally be destroyed.

If you live in Marion County, Indiana (Indianapolis), your diapers are already being used to heat buildings in the city:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDFiLCSEgPc

Most of the trash from the surrounding counties still goes to a landfill.

The only problem I could see is getting the fire hot enough to break it down. Most waste to electricity facilities burn hotter than a normal wood fire.

Enviromentally, disposing of it is either going to take many years to break down in landfil or pollute the air if you burn it. Might as well burn it and use it toproduce heat.
Ive burned a disposable before and it took ages. From memory it bured through most of it but did leave some coal size pieces. It would probably take longer to burn if it is wet.

iirc Japan incinerates diapers. (along with a lot of trash) The toxins normally released into the air when you burn plastics get broken down into more elemental components when incinerated, due to the much higher temperatures. Deals with both the bio-hazard concerns and the petroleum-pollution at the same time.

So don't just burn your diapers - it may sterilize it, but that black smoke you see coming up out of the fire is bad news for the air quality in your area.

Well, Japan already does this. They dry the diaper and cut it into pellets to burn. I suppose one could leave the diaper open outside in the sun to dry out for a few days (depending on the season). I've tried burning wet diapers on a very hot bonfire, and lets just say I wasnt impressed. They did burn eventually. Also I believe that in Japan they separate out the plastic, as it is not good to burn.

So I want to point out that if your disposable diaper smokes black while burning it's not LDPE, I've never seen a black smoke disposable diaper, Afterwards do not burn washable plastic briefs or washable diapers that are PVC. Otherwise people who have already tried to burn diapers at the front and who have had some remains not burn, it is that you have not followed the advice of the hot fire, if the fire is not hot enough then the moisture will not evaporate and the product will not burn completely.

A couple of times, I’ve tried burning a wet disposable diaper on a camp fire. The smell was awful.

As others said, industrial incinerators burn incredibly hot as it breaks down many pollutants etc. - that's also why clinical waste is burnt in special facilities.

The risk burning it on your home fire is more about clogging your chimney with plastic soot residue that then starts a chimney fire.

Don't be like Pamperchu for fucks sake. Ugh...

MarcusP said:
Also I believe that in Japan they separate out the plastic, as it is not good to burn.

Dunno, SAP is a polymer. So is plastic. Could be mighty tricky to separate.

Yeah, there's no sperating the diaper, and no pre-processing them into pellets (or whatever). Power companies don't burn trash either, they incinerate it. Big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back