I might finally do it

goodnites24

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
So I’ve decided I might actually wear a diaper out and about for a whole day. Now I’ve done similar things before but I never interacted with anybody. I just got a pack of select diapers they aren’t the most absorbent but I’m not planning on soaking them at all I’d just let it out bits at a time. But I might do it for Christmas with my family and I’m really excited but also very nervous. I hope I don’t chicken out

If you do it I hope you have a great time know one ever notices on Monday I went thru my town shopping at multiple stores including standing outside pumping has waiting for food ect. know one Will know unless you want them to so have fun with it I know I did

I actually wouldn't do it. Select diapers are going tocbetter than goodnites but they are still incredibly cheap. Although planning to only partially use the diaper is a good idea, you still haven't fully tested them out before. You don't know when they will leak (and they will leak, especially with using them for a full day) even with controlled wettings. And you're wanting to test that out for the first time around your family???

I'd actually recommend you fully test them out BEFORE visiting family. After that, as long as you don't flaunt or expose your diaper in an obvious way then by all means stay happily diapered.

As per Slomo, I'd strongly suggest that you get totally familiar with the fit, feel and performance of any diaper before going out in it. Then get comfortable wearing around strangers, before putting yourself in familiar company where any discomfort or change in self-confidence would be spotted. You need to be able to put all your trust in the diaper so aim for greater absorbency than you think you need; I certainly wouldn't go out in a diaper that wouldn't stand up to a reasonable flood. Although thicker diapers might seem more conspicuous, people don't notice them 0.1% as often as they notice you leaking on their furniture!

I'll probably have a Betterdry on during the family Christmas meal, as there will be lots to drink and I don't want to have to peel off for a nappy change. None of my family know, and I wear around them all the time. You do the same and have fun!

Plastic pants help with leaks. If anyone notices just say you have an infection and you leak a lot.

Something that works pretty well if you want to try it is using a pullup or disposable underwear and putting TWO bladder control pads side by side all the way to the front. Make sure they are MALE bladder pads and that you have the bigger heavier end in the front of the pull/up disposable underwear. When put one bladder control pad in make sure its to one side; add the second one so it overlaps ever so slightly and is all the way towards the front like the the first pad. Never had a problem with this set up.

Betterdry diapers are my daily diaper, no one notices them and I can trust it to do its job just wear dark colored pants that are loose fitting and you will be fine. Remember to test the diapers at home for fit and how well they work for you when ever you try a new brand. its better to have new diaper fail at home then out in public diapers fit people differently.

Only diaper fetish wearers care to look for diaper bulges. I always seem to be st the supermarket when the seniors are bussed in your shop. I have never looked at anyone since I am busy shopping. Always leave home with a dry diaper.

Go for it kid. :claps: have a wonderful Christmas with the family

Brahms said:
Something that works pretty well if you want to try it is using a pullup or disposable underwear and putting TWO bladder control pads side by side all the way to the front. Make sure they are MALE bladder pads and that you have the bigger heavier end in the front of the pull/up disposable underwear. When put one bladder control pad in make sure its to one side; add the second one so it overlaps ever so slightly and is all the way towards the front like the the first pad. Never had a problem with this set up.

I honestly have to recommend against this. Pads and pullups simply cannot contain leaks as well as a plasic backed diaper can. Even a cheaper thinner diaper. Heck, I highly doubt this setup could even contain one moderate, controlled wetting. Given two pads plus a pullup will have the same thickness as an actual diaper, I really fail to see where this would be even remotely less conspicuous.

Now I'm not questioning it works for you, though I would guess you only have light stress leakage. You have to keep in mind the OP said he plans on wetting multiple times throughout the day, while wearing and wetting for the enture day. Unless you really want him changing out pads every hour you're advice will be setting him up for a massive leak.

Going for Christmas with the family as a 1st attempt sounds like a recipe for disaster - if it goes wrong it's going wrong in front of just about the worst audience it could!

As suggested above, perhaps a couple of lower-risk experiments to get used to how your stuff performs.

Seasonedcitizen said:
Only diaper fetish wearers care to look for diaper bulges. I always seem to be st the supermarket when the seniors are bussed in your shop. I have never looked at anyone since I am busy shopping. Always leave home with a dry diaper.

Ha! No truer words ever spoken! We’re the only ones who might notice and if that happens you are contributing to the greater good by giving us a bit of a thrill! I’ve noticed some diaper wearers among oldsters. I hope they are enjoying them, too!

Back