Lemme Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitch

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
So, its been almost a year since I've been properly diapered and it's really starting to get to me, in what happens to be one of the most stressful times of my life.

I'm a full-time computer science student and fall of last year all of my financial aid was pulled. I'm in honors and have a 3.5 GPA, but apparently that's not good enough. I made a few dumb mistakes fresh out of high school, dropping an entire semester's worth of classes. That fact and me having to take so many pre-reqs (remember, computer science) put me too close to the "maximum hours" limit, causing ALL of my funding to be pulled and me having to pay completely out of pocket.

so the only padding I've been able to wear are some old walgreens diapers that don't fit really at all, and I couldn't escape the guilt it would bring for me to buy any decent diapers while my girlfriend is (heroically) covering all bills AND mortgage (God, I love her).

Anyways...
Thanks for listening

That is truly unfortunate, but why do you it the taxpayers responsibility to pay for your schooling anyway?

Sorry to hear this, your GF certainly is heroic to take everything on while you are studying.

IMO for your all over wellness diapees really are a necessity so I hope something can be worked out sooner rather than later. :hug:

Argent,
Thanks, my loans may get reinstated after this semester. I definitely think they would help reduce my stress level, but I'd rather give anything I can spare towards bills and deal with the stress. and thanks for the hug:biggrin:, definitely needed it!

Gary,
Hmm, if this is going to turn into whether student loans should be a thing we should probably discuss it elsewhere. but it would be foolish for anyone to not take advantage of resources available to them.

and, you have to pay back loans, btw... so i dont even know what you're trying to say

Last edited:
I'm just asking why you do not think it is your responsibility to pay for the schooling you choose. Why do you think is is the responsibly of the taxpayers to make loans for your so you can wear premium diapers and pay for your schooling?

Your argument is really invalid. If your neighbor left his car running (his resource) it would be foolish not to take advantage of? It is the same with the loan. It is not yours to take, you do not qualify anymore.

Maybe I should vent? I've busted my ass in school over worked 20+ jobs (on W-2) worked just during the 5 years it took me to get my BS degree. Ya know what? I paid a lot of taxes while making $5 a hour and couldn't afford to buy diapers. And you want to vent about not getting our tax money so you can afford buy your premium diapers and go to school.... Are you kidding?

It *is* his responsibility, but most people going into college or uni don't have tens of thousands of dollars to pay for schooling outright. The government makes student loans available which have to be paid back over time, and you have to meet certain requirements to keep your loans in place... The government / taxpayers make money on the interest paid back on the loans. Tell me, do you not have a car that you took out a loan to pay for? How about a mortgage on a house? It is not that different, instead of getting a tangible object you are getting an education.

lol, it sounds like you DO need to vent there, bud.
While it's frustrating, I never said it wasn't fair(however, I do think there should be a merit consideration), or that it was anyone else's responsibility. just wanted to talk about it for a bit
your "neighbor's car" example is what's invalid here. Student loans is something set aside FOR THE PURPOSE OF students who can't afford to pay upfront? However, my neighbor's car wasn't put there for me

Also, who said I wasn't working? why are you so mad?

I'll read whatever you have to say, Gary, but I'm not going to waste time responding to someone who seems like they just wanna be mad.I hope you can lighten up there, bud.

30-40 years ago a student could work a minimum wage job and be able to afford college. Now days they would have to work over 100 hours a week to be able to afford college even at the basic level.

When I was in college I got a $1000 scholarship, grants and most of it was student loans... which if all went as planned would have been paid off 10 years ago. At the current rate of repayment I have almost 16 more months if I don't pay a chunk down with my tax refund.... then that opens an extra $150 in my monthly budget.

By the end of the loans (3 of them). I have paid almost 1 and a half time what I took out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Both my wife and I got our college education because of student loans. As a result, we were far more productive citizens than if we hadn't gotten a college education. Not only did we pay our loans off with interest, we paid higher income taxes because we made more money, a win/win situation for the U. S. government and society in general. Loaning and barter have been around since the beginning of human existence. It's one of the mechanisms that allow us to exist. We work better and accomplish more when we work together as a society than individually, generally.

That said, my wife and I were able to put our kids through college (university) without them having to take out loans. Once they pursued their Masters and Doctoral degrees, they were on their own. Yes, they took out loans. Not very alien as concepts go, IMO.

I read his post "causing ALL of my funding to be pulled"

Hence you do not qualify. It's not yours to take or be borrowed. The student loan people said "NO" they must think you are a bad risk. Do you think if you went to a bank to take out a loan and you don't qualify you have a right to the loan? Maybe you should take a good look at your financial picture instead of crying and complaining to random people on the internet who really don't care.

You have been going to school so long or borrowing so much they cut what they are willing to loan to you. What does this tell you? Maybe they are afraid you cannot or will not pay it back. Your risk level is way too high. It is so easy to borrow student loan money. Very unsophisticated people borrow 100's of thousands of dollars they would rather default on their loans and/or leave the country because they could never pay it back. Then what happens, they blame the student loan people for loaning them too much. Their lives are ruined.

If you want to spend the rest of your life paying back student loans, mortgage loans, car loans, and keeping all the financial institutions wealthy (and myself), just continue along this same path. I love to get interest and dividends from people like you and its very nice to be a millionaire.

BTW, diapernh, 30-40 years ago you could NOT work a minimum wage and afford to go to college. You have no idea what it was like or what you are talking about. I lived it, you are just talking with no experience and dragging Glitch back down into a hole. Ever hear the expression "Crab Bucket"?

Gary99 said:

Hence you do not qualify. It's not yours to take or be borrowed. The student loan people said "NO" they must think you are a bad risk. Do you think if you went to a bank to take out a loan and you don't qualify you have a right to the loan? Maybe you should take a good look at your financial picture instead of crying and complaining to random people on the internet who really don't care.

You have been going to school so long or borrowing so much they cut what they are willing to loan to you. What does this tell you? Maybe they are afraid you cannot or will not pay it back. Your risk level is way too high. It is so easy to borrow student loan money. Very unsophisticated people borrow 100's of thousands of dollars they would rather default on their loans and/or leave the country because they could never pay it back. Then what happens, they blame the student loan people for loaning them too much. Their lives are ruined.

If you want to spend the rest of your life paying back student loans, mortgage loans, car loans, and keeping all the financial institutions wealthy (and myself), just continue along this same path. I love to get interest and dividends from people like you and its very nice to be a millionaire.

BTW, diapernh, 30-40 years ago you could NOT work a minimum wage and afford to go to college. You have no idea what it was like or what you are talking about. I lived it, you are just talking with no experience and dragging Glitch back down into a hole. Ever hear the expression "Crab Bucket"?

Geeze This is diaper discussion, not mature, so could you give the guy a break rather then insisting on trying to drum up a flame war... you're not shifting his mind, he isn't shifting yours and this is taking the diapers out of the discussion.

so the only padding I've been able to wear are some old walgreens diapers that don't fit really at all, and I couldn't escape the guilt it would bring for me to buy any decent diapers while my girlfriend is (heroically) covering all bills AND mortgage (God, I love her).
Prevail generics aren't horrible, with a stuffer you can make them decent enough, I recommend a Walmart overnight pad.

Rite aid also often has sales on depends which are not bad when stuffed, you can also find some interesting options in medical supply stores if you have any near by, sometimes they will even order you stuff, just be sure to ask the price and if they will let you buy by the bag or if you have to buy a case.

Eh, I make my job pay for my schooling. Maybe now that you got some schooling under your belt look into internships? Plenty of opportunity out there right now. Make an employer pay your bills and get you educated.

Now, for a piece of my mind that flows with the forums main theme, just you wait. Once you climb your way out of this inconvenience the premium line of abdl products will just feel that much sweeter. Soak up the mediocricy now, cuz the day you upgrade is only getting closer! Good luck!

It’s called the haves vs the have nots... but don’t worry, one day you will reap the benefits of your education and look back at this as just a small sacrifice, the seeds you sow today will grow tomorrow and bring fruits from your labor

Gary99 said:

omg, will you quit putting words in my mouth and just go away? I already said I'm not arguing against the rules or saying it isn't fair. And no one gives a shit that you say you're a millionaire to anonymous people online:rolleyes:. you really haven't posted anything in six years just to come back and pick a fight? wow, I bet you're real fun at parties.

But thanks to everyone else!! I was only looking for a bit of empathy which i knew i could find here:)

Bass said:
Now, for a piece of my mind that flows with the forums main theme, just you wait. Once you climb your way out of this inconvenience the premium line of abdl products will just feel that much sweeter. Soak up the mediocricy now, cuz the day you upgrade is only getting closer! Good luck!
pampers4U said:
It’s called the haves vs the have nots... but don’t worry, one day you will reap the benefits of your education and look back at this as just a small sacrifice, the seeds you sow today will grow tomorrow and bring fruits from your labor

lol, I knoooow. I used to think I liked math before calc, but I didn't even know what math was before. Just gotta remind myself of the salary that awaits.

Last edited:
Gary99 said:
BTW, diapernh, 30-40 years ago you could NOT work a minimum wage and afford to go to college.

Dude, even 10 years ago you could. (I don't know what the current prices are, or even what minimum wage is, tbh. Is it $15 in Cali yet?)

Cal State Long Beach (a top-50 school for engineering, Go Beach!) undergrad tuition was $1200/semester. Half a year at 30 hours a week, that's $1.66/hr, and I'm positive minimum wage is at least several multiples of that. If you're living at home, that's almost nothing. Books and supplies were maybe another $150-400 depending on the semester (one semester we had to buy a FPGA board that was like $120, but the next semester there was a ready market of people ready to take it off your hands for $90).

I was working full time when I went to CSULB and almost all of the classes I needed had night sections and labs you could do any time. Hell, I even found time to "pledge" Tau Beta Pi (national engineering honor society), and had one of the best polished Bents! :)

Anyway. Why so sandy? ;)

WildBlueCrinkle said:
Dude, even 10 years ago you could. (I don't know what the current prices are, or even what minimum wage is, tbh. Is it $15 in Cali yet?)

Cal State Long Beach (a top-50 school for engineering, Go Beach!) undergrad tuition was $1200/semester. Half a year at 30 hours a week, that's $1.66/hr, and I'm positive minimum wage is at least several multiples of that. If you're living at home, that's almost nothing. Books and supplies were maybe another $150-400 depending on the semester (one semester we had to buy a FPGA board that was like $120, but the next semester there was a ready market of people ready to take it off your hands for $90).

I was working full time when I went to CSULB and almost all of the classes I needed had night sections and labs you could do any time. Hell, I even found time to "pledge" Tau Beta Pi (national engineering honor society), and had one of the best polished Bents! :)

Anyway. Why so sandy? ;)

WildBlue "Thanks", is was trying to help him change his frame of reference. I was saying his quote was wrong. You can indeed afford to go to college without loans. I do agree with you. Its sad to see so many young people go into debt when they really don't have to.

Debt is modern day slavery, a trap, the banks and loan companies encourage you to get into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back