How do you dispose of your used diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

camelion

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Any ideas?

I prefer to roll them up and just throw them in the trash but my wife prefers me to put them in a plastic grocery bag first so that is what I do at home. Anywhere else I just roll them up and toss them.

AAO said:
I prefer to roll them up and just throw them in the trash but my wife prefers me to put them in a plastic grocery bag first so that is what I do at home. Anywhere else I just roll them up and toss them.
Like he said, roll it up tightly. Tape it even tighter with tape if it got a lot in it. Then you place it in a plastic bag, tie it tightly and do it with a second plastic bag for good measure. Alternatively, you can buy those scented plastic nappy bags that are perfumed to hide the scent. They are large enough for adult diapers as well.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

I get the black plastic bags from the beer store. I put one in there every morning and put it behind the door to my half bath. Wait tell the next day and put another one in then take it out.
Mine pee is so thinned out that it takes a lot of days tell it stinks.

I never wore for long periods of time, so usually I just roll it up as good as possible, and if closing it is hard (sometimes the tape style tabs lose stickiness, or with something like Tykables Overnights the Tabs themselves only stick well to areas with the Cloth-Like cover) then I used Duck Tape over the tabs to make sure it closes really well, then plastic bag it and throw it out in the garbage can outside.

I rarely wear when outside of the house, and if I do it is usually a short trip, so I will dispose of the used diaper when I get home.

I also always have really good diapers, so never had to worry about a change if I'm only out of the house for a few hours at a time.

Let's try this again. Typos galore last reply. First I roll up and put inside grocery bag. Then I febreeze the inside and tie it up. That goes inside bag number 2 which also gets some febreeze. Tie that up and febreeze the outside. Now, I can wait until roommate is gone and dispose of properly outside in dumpster.

If the diaper is just wet, I roll the diaper up and may or may not attach the tapes securely. I then throw the diaper into the kitchen plastic bag-lined waste basket.

If the diaper is messy, I do the same thing except that this time I make sure the tapes are attached well. If they don't, I bag the diaper in a plastic grocery bag first and then put in the kitchen waste basket.

I usually empty my trash only once every 7 to 10 days (our trash is picked up twice a week) but I make exceptions if the kitchen waste basket starts to smell too bad.

I only just wet and live with 3 other housemates who are unaware of this "interest". I also usually only wear once or twice a week (usually Friday and/or Saturday night).

I roll it up and put it in a disposable plastic bag, tie off the top of it, and put it directly in our large garbage bin outside that the garbage service empties on garbage day. I'll usually see if there's any extra trash around I can put in the plastic bag with the used diaper or take with me on my way to the garbage bin. I also always make sure I get a plastic bag or two whenever I'm out shopping.

Last edited:
I just roll them up put them in the bathrooms garbage and when the bage gets full I drop it into the garbage shute
I donot worry if some one see the diapers in our garbage as I have been dealing with bladder issues and wearing 24/7 for almost 4 years.

I roll them up, tie them into a plastic bag and then they go straight into the outside bin. With all the issues about plastic pollution though I'm wondering if this is really a good idea.
Anyone got any more environmentally friendly ways of disposing of nappies?

Mine go in a bag in the bin for now.

I use scented nappy bags and dispose wet nappies in my bedroom bin with black bin liner and lid. Every morning after my night time change I take bin liner put and put it in outside bin. With messy nappies I put in nappy bag and dispose straight into outside bin.

I used to roll them up and toss them in a gallon ziploc before tossing into the kitchen bin. But now I just roll them up tight and neat, tape shut, and toss in the kitchen can. I usually take out the trash bag every 3 days, as the can (it's a smallish one) is full and it's just starting to smell.

But I live alone, so no one to offend with diapers in the trash, or a little odor.

I just toss them out the window as I’m driving down the highway or across town, seems like a thing to do.

We have a separate garbage can in the garage. After I change I put the used diaper in a plastic shopping bag, tie it shut then it goes in the garbage can in the garage which gets emptied once a week, we use scented garbage bags in the can with a foot operated lid.

I usually just roll em up and put them in the trash

Depends on many things. If you're having to keep them hidden, hide them in an unsealed trash bag somewhere outside the house, then, the night before trash day, seal it up and bury it in the garbage can. Otherwise, use one of the above suggestions.

There's also gas station trash cans if that's too risky.

I throw mine away at gas stations, when I need to put gas in my car. Otherwise, I drive by a city park and throw them away in the trash cans there.

My parents know I’m ic so I just put my wet nappies in the bathroom bin.

Last edited:
I do the same as everyone else I just roll em up and toss them in the trash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back