Status
Not open for further replies.

CookieMonstah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So recently I went and bought some NRU Playdayz, I bought these in large even thought I have, at most, a 32" waist. I bought large because with other brands such as ABU, Crinklz and Dotty The Pony, their medium sized diapers say they fit up to a 36" waist yet some of these are tight on me and uncomfortable. Turns out these ones from NRU are actually the correct sizing and large for me is too big whereas medium would have been fine. Companies should really check on measurements and update them I think.

It's funny how you have a 32 waist and my hips are 35 inches and mediums have always fit me but yet seem to be a bit big on me because of how close the top tabs are together on the diaper and the bottoms ones being in front of the diaper.

Unless your hips are bigger than mine. Always go by hip size unless your waist is bigger than your hips. Also hip size means your biggest part of your buttocks too so you gotta measure around that too when you are trying to measure your hips.

I will keep that in mind next time I measure myself.

Yeah, measuring myself should put me in the MEDIUM range of most diapers, but I found LARGE fits me better in most designs. There are a few (notably dry247 and some of the Ab diapers that MEDIUMS fit). It's not even constant in a brand. Attends revamped the breathables a few years back making the wings much longer. I might be able to go back to MEDIUMS there.

I just choose that my size is in average to fit. I think difference size in difference bands are better for who out of average size, too slim or huge.

I suppose it is like Pants Sizing, some will wear bigger than listed and others smaller, and others will seem exactly as listed.

I used to fit into most mediums, now I go with Larges.

It depends on how much your hips "flair" out from your waist size of course, but I find it's a good idea to add between 3 and 5 inches to your belt size to determine if a diaper is going to fit. The problem is usually the lower tapes, which have to go around a wider part of your waist, PLUS the front wing has to come up and around, which adds another few inches usually unless it's one of the "longer" diapers like crinklz.

Don't forget that many diapers are cut differently, and have different spacing on the tapes. As such, two different diapers of nearly the same size will fit a person differently. Sometimes enough to make that medium/large sizing difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back