Pampers vs goodnites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetsumei

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can wear s/m goodnites. Are pampers 7/8 bigger or are they the same? I want to buy some but I don’t want to waste the money

Do you have any measurements to go by, such as how much rise you need or measurements at the widest point? While goodnites might stretch to fit, there is no guarantee that the papers 7 can stretch just as much(Unless you are located in the UK and actually have access to Size 8)

Has anybody measured the size 8 diapers?

For those who haven't been following along, the size 7 diapers we now have in the US are about 5/8" shorter than they were two years ago. And before then, Cruisers 7 and Swaddlers 7 were no larger than Baby Dry 6 and Luvs 6. Put simply, there's never been a real size 7 in the US, and the fake 7 we did get actually shrunk. And then Baby Dry and Luvs shrunk. Luvs 6 is more than an inch shorter than it was a year ago. (I like to get out rulers and measure these things.)

So... If we get size 8 in the US... will we simply be back to where we started? :shrug: That would be my guess. :(

To the question of Pampers vs GoodNites, however: GoodNites are most of two inches longer, and considerably stretchier in the waist than Pampers, so you'll certainly have a much easier time putting them on. The difficulty with GoodNites comes from the narrow crotch. Perhaps unbelievably, the crotch of GoodNites is about 40% narrower than that of most baby diapers. Presumably this is because GoodNites aren't meant for poop accidents, but it turns out they also aren't great at containing a fully-developed set of male genitalia. I can pull on GoodNites L/XL with ease, and I even find them comfortable. But I can't wet them without leaking almost immediately because of all the gapping through the crotch. On the other hand, while Pampers ride lower and are harder to get on, I find them much more functional. They're just a lot roomier where it counts--for me, anyway.

FWIW!

I'm seeing a number of sellers on ebay offering bags of 52 size 8 baby dry diapers that are fairly cheap considering they are coming from the UK.
And if I could get my hands on one of them I can measure them and compare it to a 1992 attends size small.

Pampers size 7 was a joke. I think Pampers Size 8 is the proper size 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back