Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBoyRyan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So I was lying in bed watching TV and just decided to snuggle up to a pillow and I just started sucking my thumb, no idea why I just felt like it, never really done it before and what's even more strange as I had a pacifier on my bedside table and chose my thumb instead.

It felt both wired and comforting at the same time even started to just drift off to sleep, tho my thumb did start to hurt after a while and I worried I would bite my thumb off.

Just felt like sharing :)

As a lifelong thumbsucker, there is nothing like the comfort of sucking my thumb. I am glad you enjoyed that moment!

Lol, like Kik, I've been sucking my thumb my entire life, and I can promise I've never bitten my thumb off! I have bitten it a few times, sometimes as I'm falling asleep my jaw will spasm and my bottom teeth will jam into my thumb and make it bleed. That hurts, but it doesn't happen often. If you end up sucking your thumb more regularly, you'll start developing a callus, and until that happens, the spot where your teeth rub your thumb will be a bit sore, but know that it will go away. I love my thumb and have never been able to find anything else that feels as good.

Wuggle said:
Lol, like Kik, I've been sucking my thumb my entire life, and I can promise I've never bitten my thumb off! I have bitten it a few times, sometimes as I'm falling asleep my jaw will spasm and my bottom teeth will jam into my thumb and make it bleed. That hurts, but it doesn't happen often. If you end up sucking your thumb more regularly, you'll start developing a callus, and until that happens, the spot where your teeth rub your thumb will be a bit sore, but know that it will go away. I love my thumb and have never been able to find anything else that feels as good.

Like Wuggle said! We have developed a callus, so sucking our thumbs feel better because of “experience”. If you keep sucking your thumb often you’ll develop one so it will became really pleasurable!

Not a lifelong thumbsucker but I did it before I had pacifiers, and still do it once in a while. I have a tendency to bite down a little too hard.

I used to have rough patches on my thumbs where my teeth rested, but they went away when I started sucking them less and picked up pacifiers.

I've been sucking my thumb for the last 62 years. And I have never bit it. 😺

We should make a Thumbsucker community or subforum *giggles*

Also a lifelong thumbsucker here. :) I never stopped doing it since I was a baby. Nothing like my good ol reliable thumb to keep me relaxed. :thumbsup: The only downside is you need to wash your thumb before you do it to prevent yourself from getting sick and you obviously lose one hand if you need two to do something but it doesn't matter to me. No pacifier can compare to a thumb in my opinion. I sleep with my thumb in and while watching something and I also strangely do it when I'm getting hungry for some reason. Lol Also a tip, don't grip the thumb with your teeth, try to relax your jaw and grip with your lips and breathe through your nose.

Oh wow so many thumbsuckers, might happen again as I did find it comforting (think I still prefer my pacifier for now tho)

I was a chronic thumb sucker until puberty, which ironically is when I began wearing and using diapers again.

I don't know whether I used a pacifier when I was a baby or not but I have been using my thumb as long as I can remember. I do have several pacifiers that I use occasionally but my thumb just feels better and I can't lose my thumb!

BabyDenise said:
I don't know whether I used a pacifier when I was a baby or not but I have been using my thumb as long as I can remember. I do have several pacifiers that I use occasionally but my thumb just feels better and I can't lose my thumb!

Unless you have a tragic saw accident. :smile1: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back