Choosing to give up control

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
A shirt that says, "Not all disabilities are visible," helps.

So does learning to say it to judgmental people.

Very true, if anyone ever says anything just turn the other cheek

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
A shirt that says, "Not all disabilities are visible," helps.

So does learning to say it to judgmental people.

Or perhaps lifting up your shirt and showing them your waistband ;)

ChocChip said:
Or perhaps lifting up your shirt and showing them your waistband ;)

That would definitely shut them up

Something like that has actually happened before, back when I was 18 and was having a bad flare I stepped out of the disabled bathroom and an older lady said you know that’s for people with disabilities don’t you? Then she goes “oh I’m sorry” and walked off I then noticed my top was tucked into my waistband so you could see that was awkward :p

No one has ever said anything about using the disabled toilet, but then again I am usually carrying my back pack and a used diaper when exiting the stall.

"Disabled stalls" are there for those that need them, but there's no reason to insist that others don't use them if there's not a disabled person right there right then that needs it. I vastly prefer disabled stalls for the "elbow room". It's rather annoying to be smacking your elbows into both partitions trying to get at or use the TP, or when trying to pull back up your pants etc. Some bathrooms clearly have more stalls in them with less user-space than common-sense would seem to suggest. (there may be a building code that covers non-disabled stall size, I don't know)

Maybe a complainer may be comparing them to something like a disabled parking space. THOSE are much more prone to abuse because of the larger number of users, and the much longer duration of use. So for them we have to put up fines to discourage the inconsiderate people that take up a very limited resource for an extended period of time.

Though over in europe they've got those special keyed toilets, I guess they have more of a problem over there somehow? Anyone have some more first-hand knowledge/experience/insight on why they have keys over there? I've never seen a problem here in the USA and we don't need to lock them?

You guys should avoid going to Japan. Most places there do not have a handicapped stall, and some have bathrooms nearly as small as an airplane bathroom. Seriosly. When I was there I looked for the hc stalls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back