question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeG30

I wear diapers due to Cerebral Palsy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I just bought baby power when i use my depends and I am not exactly sure how to apply it to my groin area is it okay to just sprinkle it over my groin area, or should I just sprinkle some in my hand and just put the powder that way? and how do I use the barrier cream in my groin area because I have a rash when I wore godnites very minor rash like I don’t need to see a doctor however I bought Destin today and I am trying to rub it on my rash however when I put on my depends it seems to rub the cream off I have let it air dry for a few minutes I mean is that normal that it will start to rub off? sorry if these are gross or weird questions. I look forward to hearing from guys you Thanks. Sorry for bad speeling

Sprinkle in hand. Use extra for goodnites

GabeG23 said:
I just bought baby power when i use my depends and I am not exactly sure how to apply it to my groin area is it okay to just sprinkle it over my groin area, or should I just sprinkle some in my hand and just put the powder that way? and how do I use the barrier cream in my groin area because I have a rash when I wore godnites very minor rash like I don’t need to see a doctor however I bought Destin today and I am trying to rub it on my rash however when I put on my depends it seems to rub the cream off I have let it air dry for a few minutes I mean is that normal that it will start to rub off? sorry if these are gross or weird questions. I look forward to hearing from guys you Thanks. Sorry for bad speeling

Hello,

please refer to this post: Is it the powder? :smile:

Last edited:
The best way to get good coverage with powder is to spinkle it on your hand, then gently rub it onto the area. You can also sprinkle it directly on the diaper, but this causes it to clump and granulate when it gets wet. Coverage won't be as good either.

For rashes, the best method is to use both a cream AND an ointment. Creams will absord into the skin to heal it. Ointments will apply a protective barrier to prevent a rash and/or stop a rash from getting worse. Gently and thuroughly rub in the cream till your sking is mostly dry, then apply a layer of ointment after that. Don't bother using powder when you've used ointment either since the ointment will cause the powder to clump and granulate as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back