24/7 Essentials for cloth diaper users (idea for post stolen from Adiba)

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
A saw a post by Adiba for essentials for going 24/7 (and I am going to steal the idea and modify it), and wondering the same thing but since cloth diaper users have unique things to them what would be needed if a cloth user would do the same thing and go 24/7.

And I am thinking full 24/7 cloth, no when out and about disposables, full cloth diapers.

Things I can think of
A good backpack to serve as a diaper bag
2 or 4 wet bags that can hold 2 or 3 wet diapers (I still need to get these, thinking one a day, and double that for when you laudery, if you lander every other day, one for each day)
Of course the diapers (And how many should you keep in your diaper bag, I am thinking 2 or 3, don't want more then your wet bags can handle)

What else would one need for the "diaper bag" for a cloth diaper user if they were to go 24/7?

At least 1 spare pilcher/plastic pants, maybe 2 would be better with a choice of pull on or snap on (in case you are changing in a tight area?)

Spare Pins or snappi locks.

Change mat.

Some soft cloths for cleanup (surely you wouldn’t use disposable wipes with cloth diapers?)

Some lotion if you need extra cleanup help with your dry soft cloths.

It is a massive commitment!

One thing to consider is that wet cloth diapers soon begin to smell, even through the plastic pants. If you're wet out among the public, you'll probably need to change into a clean diaper fairly soon.

dogboy said:
One thing to consider is that wet cloth diapers soon begin to smell, even through the plastic pants. If you're wet out among the public, you'll probably need to change into a clean diaper fairly soon.

I don't need plastic pants with cloth diapers, the ones I use have a PUL outer shell, they are what is called All in Two. I think you have many misconceptions about cloth diapers. Cloth diapers don't smell anymore then disposable diapers while wearing. And yes you should change shortly after wetting, but this is true of even disposables.

babyboy said:
I think you have many misconceptions about cloth diapers.

I've been wearing cloth diapers since my 20's, as an AB/DL, and they will smell in a short amount of time, much more so than a good quality disposable, something I also wear. And having a plastic shell gives the same result as plastic pants. They stifle air circulation, causing heat and bacteria buildup. That in turn will create ammonia and an unpleasant smell. A disposable absorbs urine into the SAP which seems to retard the buildup of bacteria, ammonia and the subsequent odor problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back